Chapter 1

Heal Me

Chapter 1


There I was in the middle of the night, panting. Trying to force the air that seemed to be choking me, into my lungs. I had just witnessed the same ear piercing, scream worthy nightmare that I thought I could endure, but I had just proven to myself that I couldn’t. Every night it had been the same dream and every one of those nights I would wake up in a pool of tears. I promised myself that night that I would try and sleep as little as possible because I would rather be exhausted than to have that same nightmare on recurrence. After waking up screaming, I leant back against the bed post and started rocking, not wanting to move, not wanting to speak, and not wanting to even open my eyes. The truth was, I was scared.

 

The next morning as I dragged myself out of bed, exhausted, feeling stiff and needing a long shower. I pushed myself towards the bathroom door absent middlingly grabbing a towel and whatever pieces of fabric they call clothes, I could find. I slowly turned the nob and watched as the water came down in a sudden downpour, at first it was too cold but with some adjustment I was able to get the water at a desirable temperature. As I stepped into the small space I let the water cascade down my body, just standing there. Letting all the built up tension wash away with the sinking water. After minutes of  staring at an inanimate wall I came to realise where I am and what I am doing there. I pick up my speed and wash myself as thoroughly as I could, jumping out and getting changed into what looked like a colourful floral dress with a thin strap beige belt.

 

Walking out of the bedroom being pleased that I had actually chosen something decent to wear, something that would help me blend in so I didn’t get noticed. It was my first day of University, I would be attending Seoul University and being me I didn’t want to attract attention, not even receive the slightest glance from anyone. As I sat at my dresser drying and fixing my hair and applying a light make-up, I gave myself a pep talk.

 

“It’s ok. Everything will be ok. Stay quiet, stick to the walls and don’t attract attention to yourself. The only thing you really need to do is to pay attention to the lecturer. No distractions.” Were the words that escaped my mouth.

 

As I got up to leave my small 1 bedroom apartment, I ran over and picked up my phone, books and my bag then raced out the door. Seeing as I have never had anyone around, I didn’t have anyone to take me. The only options I had to get to school on time were the bus or walking and after debating with myself over what to do, I was already at the bus stop. Waiting for the bus had always been hell for me, because people try to get to know me or start a conversation so I came up with the idea of putting in headphones but never actually listening to music. I would tune out and watch as the cars flew past and the people across the street raced to work or would sit down to tea at a café. That would draw my attention elsewhere to the citizens sitting so close yet so far away from me. By the time that I had taken everything in the bus was pulling up with a irritating screech.

 

I was getting up whilst fondling around in my bag to find my bus pass and walking to the widely open bus doors so I wouldn’t miss my opportunity to get on, when my foot got caught on something. I was falling and I perceived it as going into slow motion, I watched as my face gradually drew closer to the thick, grey, concrete pavement. But right before I actually hit the hard stone compound, I stopped. My face hadn’t hit the ground when it should have, I was floating? I was slowly rising. I then realised that someone had stopped me. Someone had saved me before my less than average face had time to be ruined.

 

Turn around in circles once my feet were firmly planted onto the ground to see who had committed the charitable event of saving me. But I couldn’t see anyone. The reason why I couldn’t see anyone was because whoever the person was, he or she was tall. I had to bend my head back, craning my neck in hopes to get a tiny glimpse before running back into my shell of confinement. He was quite handsome but he only pulled my interest for a second as his mouth started to move.

“Umm, Hi. Are you ok? Do you need some help?” The mystery guy spoke to me as if I was a child and I could hear him perfectly fine.

The only problem was I didn’t want to hear him. So in my haste to get away I shook my head in what seemed to be a nod and watched the ground ever so carefully as I ran into the bus. After swiping my card I found a completely empty seat, sat down right against the window and put my bag in the seat next to me so it looked like I am saving it for someone. Then I heard this voice. His voice. Again. He was catching this bus as well. I was only thinking to myself that he wouldn’t sit close to me.

 

Thankfully he didn’t he sat right at the front, at the only other seat available. He didn’t look back and he kept to his business. Then the bus roared to life and I was on my way to Seoul University trying to find myself and discover what I want to do for a living.

 

The bus ride gave me time to think, I blocked my ears so I couldn’t hear anybody and just thought. I thought what would it be like to not be alone? What would it be like to have  a family? I wouldn’t know and most times I caught myself thinking things like this. Not paying attention to my surroundings and off in my own little word the bus stopped. We were right in front of my new school. My temporary home some would say for the next however many years. I walked off the bus and walked as quickly and as quietly as I could to the introduction meeting .

 

Losing myself in avoiding people my foot somehow managed to get caught on something again. God I was a clutz. Just a commonly clumsy person, but there was something different about this time while I was falling. It was quicker more fast paced. And again I could feel someone’s arms  holding me up before I could hit the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Readers,

And Thank-You for subscribing. I am starting out again. Or as some say having a do-over. The feelings that this story is based upon is basically me as a person having those exact feelings. Writing is my way of letting them out and telling people. I am a huge MinSul fan and am also addicted to any and all KPOP! I mean what can I say it is addicting. Once you're in you're never getting out.

Anyway thank you again for supporting this story.

~SuperGeneration~