VII.

The Need For Words

A yawn escaped his lips as he woke up, cracking one eye open. At the sight before him, the second eye followed suit much faster than it would have on a normal morning. Sometime last night, after what felt like an eternity, Wonshik had finally fallen asleep. It had been a tedious task for his over aware body, but then the events of the day, the surprises, had managed to lull him into dreamland after all.

Now he was facing a still sleeping Taekwoon, his dark tresses ruffled by sleep, falling into his eyes and fanning out on the pillow. Wonshik couldn’t take his eyes off of the other male. He looked ethereal, so peacefully calm in his blissful state. His lips were parted just slightly, his breath going steady, his hand resting next to his handsome and delicate features. His skin looked so soft that Wonshik had the sudden urge to touch it, feel it under his fingertips, so that he could commit the feeling to memory.

The blonde made himself more comfortable to be able to give his entire attention to the man before him. He felt like he didn’t want to miss any second of Taekwoon’s sleeping sight, yet he felt somewhat ashamed and sheepish to stare at him so openly.

Shaking the thoughts away, he concentrated on trailing his eyes over Taekwoon’s features. His closed eyes looked so delicate, like the eyelids where barely resting. His eyelashes were fanned out on his cheek, not long, but not so short as to be unnoticeable. The bridge of his slightly pointy nose, no imperfection jumping into sight, or if it actually did, Wonshik didn’t pay it any attention. Taekwoon’s cheeks were much rounder than you would notice, looking as soft as cotton. His lips were moist and pink, poised into a relaxed state that almost looked like he was smiling.

Wonshik couldn’t deny any more that he was completely smitten with the stoic man before him.

It wasn’t just the way he looked that appealed to him immensely. The elder’s quiet, mysterious attitude pulled him in; he wanted to know what was going on in his mind and behind his cagey eyes. Wonshik not only wanted to get to know the other, he also wanted to be let in by that reclusive and dismissive attitude of his. From his observations the night before, the younger knew that Taekwoon wasn’t as untouchable and indifferent to things as he always let on. Taekwoon was curious, easily embarrassed and even easier annoyed. He had a possessive and a passive side to him, just as he felt the urge to control the situation he was in. But what drew Wonshik in even more was the fact that he couldn’t express himself well in words.

Wonshik had noticed it sooner than he realized. Taekwoon had a weakness that he didn’t know how to handle – he couldn’t word his own feelings, was it because he would feel embarrassed or because he had just never learned how to. The blonde realized that every day must be tiring in such a situation. People wouldn’t really understand you; judge you much easier than getting to know you. Wonshik thought that Taekwoon probably didn’t have an aversion to talking – after a while of always having to make himself understood, he just simply decided to stop talking when he didn’t deem it necessary. Why try to make a good impression on someone that couldn’t handle you the way you were? It made Wonshik sad to think that Taekwoon must have had a lot of people that didn’t understand him, making him feel more lonely and secluded than he actually wanted to be. On the other hand it made the younger feel a sense of pride and felicity that he had been deemed good enough to have a chance to get closer to him. It made him think that Taekwoon trusted him to a certain point – or wasn’t against letting him slowly behind his self-made wall.

Having gotten lost in his thoughts, Wonshik didn’t notice the object of them stirring, feeling the pair of eyes set on him. Taekwoon opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times, bringing his pale fingers in front of his mouth to stifle a yawn. Then his still sleepy eyes wandered over to the younger, locking with the blonde’s own.

A blush flushed into Wonshik’s face as he realized he had been caught staring, and he quickly casted his eyes down and muttered a quiet ‘sorry’. But he still felt Taekwoon’s droopy eyes on him, unwavering. The younger both wanted to glance up to make sure and keep his eyes down to wait until the elder decided he would let it go this once. He didn’t know how long he stayed there, fiddling with his fingers under the covers, waiting for Taekwoon to look away.

The next thing that happened, though, was more unexpected than anything Wonshik would have thought of until now.

The blonde startled as he felt warm fingers sneak their way under his comforter, encircling his wrist. With a soft yet strong tug, Wonshik was pulled forward and under the waiting covers of the other male, before they were closed up behind his back. He looked up and right into Taekwoon’s dark eyes so close to him, his own being slightly widened by surprise. The other man simply pulled him close, intertwining one of his legs with Wonshik’s own, his left hand enclosing the younger by his hips. His dark hair tickled the blonde’s neck as Taekwoon’s head tucked under Wonshik’s chin, sending a slight shiver down his spine.

Wonshik was frozen by the other’s sudden ministrations, overwhelmed by more than the close contact. He could smell Taekwoon’s scent, could almost feel it on his tongue, he could feel his skin, the muscles in his leg that was tucked in between his, his breath on his neck and collarbones, the slow heaving of his body against his own.

Wonshik opened his mouth to speak, but one slender finger pressed against his lips to stop him, before it returned to its destined place on his hip.

After a while, Wonshik noticed Taekwoon’s breathing becoming steady again, and a quick glance told him the other had fallen back into sleep. The younger let out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding, his mind still too numb to catch up with the situation.

The blonde’s eyes stayed focused ahead, and taking deep and slow breaths in order to make sure he didn’t wake the other, he tried to control his rapid heartbeat.

Faster than he would have thought possible, the calm rhythm of Taekwoon’s heartbeat soothed him, and slowly lulled him back to sleep. His eyes became droopier by the minute, until it was much too hard a task to keep them open anymore. Wonshik let his eyelids flutter close, and just before he was about to fall back asleep, one last train of thought crossed his mind.

I hope this is not a dream.