Delayed

My Sister's Boyfriend (on hold)

"Good morning!" I said as soon as I got out of my room. 

 

 

"Hey~~~~" Hyoyoung responded, eating breakfast.

 

 

 

"Hey, kiddo~~~" Tao stood up from the sofa and messed my hair up. I blew my bangs out of my face, ignoring him.
As usual, he was watching TV this early in the morning with a plate on his left hand and the remote control on his right hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll be alone again, am I?" It's only 7 AM and Tao's already up. He usually wakes up at 9 or 10 but today he must be busy.
He was gulping down water beside Hyoyoung. His Addams apple going back and forth, forth and back. God, he looked like he was shooting a CF or something.

 

 

 

"Yep." He finally said. I woke up from morning-dreaming.

 

 

 

"I'll be late." He continued. I look at Hyoyoung. "Me, too."

 

 

 

"UGH! I hate being alone."

I headed towards the fridge and the space was too small for the three of us. Hyoyoung moved and then it was me and Tao. I started sweating. I opened the fridge and Tao puts the bottle back in which made us both squeeze like an orange turning into and orange juice.

 

 

 

"Aw..aw..aw.." I murmured while he moves slowly trying to go then his scent. His manly scent started to crawl up my nose. I sniff and sniff and yes, it made me happy.

 

 

 

"Sorry." He said and then I'm back to hell. I smiled.

 

 

 

"I'm done. Need to go now." Hyoyoung got up from her chair then reached for her bag.

 

 

 

"I'll be leaving in an hour." Tao said while smiling to Hyoyoung. He walked towards her and gave her a hug. Jealousy arose.

 

 

 

"Bye!" He waved and then sat in front of me. He watched me as I ate.

 

 

 

"What?" I asked, started feeling conscious. He didn't say anything, just blinking over and over again with his palms on his cheek.

 

 

 

"You won't be alone..." He paused and I gulped. "...won't you?"

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" I started to avoid his eyes but then he got up and sat beside me.

 

 

 

"You can't lie to me." He said and I accidentally turned my head to face him. His panda eyes so cute, his smell so sweet, his lips so soft, his nose so sharp, his smile so y. I gulped, gulped and gulped till my mouth were dry. I reached for the glass but it was way too far. 

 

 

 

"You're busted." His y smile started turning into a vampire-like smile. His whole face was in front of me but all I could focus on was his lips. 

 

 

 

"You're going to call him over, right?" He spits and my brain started working. The people inside me started to look for the files that says "CALL HIM OVER" but they found nothing.

 

 

 

"What?" I stood up not understanding what he said and tried to avoid him.

 

 

 

"That tall guy who came here a few days ago."

 

 

 

"Lee Jongsuk?!" I turn around with a shocked face, hanging mouth and a glare.

 

 

 

"What? I'm right, am I?" He looked around him, like i'm giving the glare to someone else. I gasp.

 

 

 

"Shut it, will you? You don't know anything." I the faucet and washed the dish and I felt a warm brace around my waist. My mouth is opened again.

 

 

 

"Do you like him?" Tao popped his head on my left shoulder, tightening the hug. My feet goes numb.

 

 

 

"Answer me." He let's go and puts his back on mine with a chopstick on his mouth. 
"You two look great together by the way." He compliments..
"Keep it up & maybe you'll get to marry him someday." Then he's back to the usual funny panda. I roll my eyes. He went to watch TV again.

 

 

 

For a minute there, I thought he'd say something important to me. Something that'd make me fall deeper for him. Something that's so sweet I'd want to vomit straight to his panda face. But no. It was a normal conversation except, he hugged me.

*****

 

 

 

"I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other. I love you." Tao smiled, wearing his tuxedo while looking to Hyoyoung's eyes.

 

 

 

"May you never steal, lie or cheat, but if you must steal, steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you. I love you, too." Hyoyoung said and they kiss.

 

Then I heard rumbling sounds, metals, and drawers. I woke up. 

 

I quickly opened my eyes then set my mind straight. Their marriage was just a dream but the rumbling sounds aren't. It bothered me. I looked at my phone and 3:30, it said. I sighed, got out of my bed then head for the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Ya! Huang Zi Tao..can you please be...." I was scratching my head with my eyes closed and I was shocked to see a 2 person, looking at me with a mask on.

 

 

 

"Shoosh it will ya? I'm trying to sleep here." I closed my eyes again and pretended that I didn't see anything. I hurriedly went to my room but one of those guys got me. He puts his right hand on my mouth and his left hand locking my arms. I  tried to scream but he was too strong. 

 

 

 

"Go search her room." He said. "I'll take her out."

 

 

 

"MMMMMMMMMM!!!" I shouted but it sounded like I a mute person saying something.

 

 

 

"Shut it lady. No one will hear you." He took a blindfold from his pockets and put it on me while he sat me up with a tie on my hands and feet. 

 

 

 

"Now come here, lady. We've got work to do." He said. He stood me up and puts me on his shoulder.

 

 

 

"MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!" 

 

 

 

"You're quite heavy than you look, little lady." He moans then started walking.

 

 

 

"MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!"

 

 

 

"Hush it. I won't do anything to you. Just shut it and you'll be fine."

 

 

 

"MMMMMMMMMMM!!!"

 

 

 

He walked towards the door, puts on his shoes and holds the doorknob. Then someone barges in; Tao.

 

 

 

"MMMMMMMMMM!!!!" 

 

 

 

They both looked at each other. Too astonished to do anything. Then the robber put me down and ran to his buddy who's in my room.

 

 

 

"Aw! Dang it!" I said after falling down and knocking my elbow on a corner. Electric shock. "You're dead meat!" I stood up and was ready to run but Tao grabbed my hand.

 

 

 

"Ya! Are you okay?" His eyes was watering up, his hands shaking.

 

 

 

"O..of course i'm fine. I'm Ryu Hwayoung after all." I gave him a smile, assuring him that I really am. He smiled back.

 

 

 

"Call the police. I'll get them." He tapped my head and started tiptoeing.

 

 

 

"Don't you need something? Like an armour?" I whisper.
He looked around him and an umbrella was hanging up beside the door. He took it and gave me grin.

 

 

 

"I'll call the cops. Stall time as long as you can." He gave me a thumbs up.

 

 

 

"119. What's your emergency?"

 

 

 

"Um...theives..They're inside my house." I whisper through the phone.

 

 

 

"May I know who's speaking?"

 

 

 

"Ryu Hwayoung."

 

 

 

"May I know the address?"

 

 

 

"_______, Gangwondo, Seoul." I heard a giggle.

 

 

 

"They're on their way, ma'am. Please be patient and wait."

 

 

 

"Ahhh..OK. But they won't be long, will they?" I sense fear in my voice.

 

 

 

"No, ma'am." 

 

 

 

And she hanged up, saying that she needs to take another call.

*****

 

 

 

"How dare you go into my room, you bas..." I said to the robbers and Tao puts his hands on my mouth, stopping me from saying anything. The police officer gave me a look.

 

 

 

"Thank you for your cooperation." He said. 

 

 

 

"Yes, sir." Tao bowed.

 

 

 

"Why would you go to the kitchen, you morons? Do you think people would put their precious things on their kitchen?" I poke the guy's forehead that almost kidnapped me. "Do you think i'd put any gold on my kitchen drawers? Or did you think that the spoons and the pans are silvers?" 

 

 

 

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh.." Tao puts his hands on my mouth again and dragged me away.

 

 

 

"Ugh! I'm so mad!" I said while punching the air and made weird angry movements. Tao gave me a look.

 

 

 

"How could you be so cute when you're angry? Hyoyoung is cute but when she's mad, she looks like a bull!." He nods to himself. My eyebrows frown.
I turned my back on him and went to the police officer.

 

 

 

"Please lock them up. Reeeal good." It curled up my arms on my chest.

*****

 

 

 

"What happen? What happen?" Hyoyoung comes home slamming the door. Me and Tao gave her a look.

 

 

 

"They're gone." Tao rolled his neck and watched TV again. I nod in agreement and did the same.

 

 

 

"That's it?" Hyoyoung puts her bag on the table in front of the TV where Tao and my feet were resting. She blocked the view.

 

 

 

"Mooove~~~" Tao shooshed her away with his feet. She moves around as if having a worm on her . I rolled m eyes. Here they go again.

 

 

 

I was on my way to my room then I heard Tao said. "I'm going to stay here a few more days. They almost got your twin and i'm worried that they'll come again." I dramatically look back.

 

 

 

"Aaand what do you mean by that?" I said.

 

 

 

"Don't you understand korean?" He joked but failed due the silence. "Oh, come one. You need a man in the house."

 

 

 

"And your house needs a woman!" I shouted.

 

 

 

"That's why I have you both!" He stretched his neck on the couch and flashed me a smile. Hyoyoung rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

"You two figure it out. It's 3 in the morning and I need some sleep." I declared then went to my room.

 

 

 

"I'm going to stay here a few more days. They almost got your twin and i'm worried that they'll come again." 

 

 

 

Words that sound so sweet started to kill me. I tried to erase his words on my brain a million times but it feels like everytime I do, they all go to my heart. The door is open, it always is.