LoveSick

My Sister's Boyfriend (on hold)

"I'm home!" I excitedly shouted as I walked into the living room to find an empty house. Hyoyoung is still in school and Tao?

 

 

 

Busy with the photo-shoot. Will be late tonight.
xoxo
Love ya~ <3

 

 

 

Heart? I put my phone on the table, shrugged it off and went to my room to take a bath. Just a few days from now, Tao will be going home, back to his place and start living alone again. Even though I know I'll see him elsewhere, it's still sad that he has to go but to look at the bright side; I finally won't be able to see his face much and maybe, get over him in no time with the help of 'Prince Charming'.

 

*****

 

"Hello?! This is Tao! Don't kill me!"

 

I was at the kitchen, drinking water when I saw Tao on the mirror taking off his shoes. I just got out from the bathroom, feeling thirsty and my body was wrapped around my towel. I quickly put the glass down and ran to my room. Luckily, it was just a few steps away.

 

 

"Who is it?!" With me, trying to run as fast I can without making any sound, Tao, on the other hand, must’ve heard me.

 

 

I locked the door behind me then started breathing heavily.

 

 

"It's me!" I managed to respond.

 

 

"Hwayoung?" Tao tried to open the door. 

 

 

"Hey! You alright?" He knocked several times.

 

 

"Umm...yeah! I'm great!" I was bending on my knees and stood up.

 

 

"You sure?!" He knocked again.

 

 

"Yeah!" I replied. "Thank god you didn't see me ." I mumbled to myself.

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"Nothing! I'll be out in a sec." 

 

Trying to forget about it, I dressed up, comb my hair then went out. I looked around me. 
Kitchen; nothing. 
Hwayoung's room; since the door is open Tao must be at the living room. 
With nothing to worry, I stepped out and a hand touched my shoulder.

 

 

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" I screamed my lungs out and turned around to see Tao standing there, with his confused face while drinking Yakult.

 

 

"Something troublin' you? You easily get startled these days." He touched my forehead with his right hand while his left hand was holding the beverage.

 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I slapped his hands and then turned my face away. 

 

 

"Will you please stop scaring me?" 

 

 

It wasn't because I was scared; it was because no one ever did this to me. Ever since I dropped out of school, I've always been at the house, not doing anything, just watching TV. And now that Tao is here, it's really uncomfortable for me to be alone with a guy especially Hyoyoung's boyfriend which is the guy I love. 

 

For the past few days, Tao wasn't that busy and he always ends up coming home. Then, he'd sit beside me, talk about how his day went and ask me about how mine went. Being so close to him, I always try to control my feelings and miraculously succeed. I've been in-love before but not this deep, not this hard. It was a simple thing. I took all my courage to confess how I feel and after I did, those feelings went away. Somehow, I started to think of him as a friend and never felt those kinds of feelings again until one day; Hyoyoung introduced me to his boyfriend, Tao.

 

It was at a fashion event. Hyoyoung begged me to come with her saying she has someone to introduce. I thought she wanted to hook me up with him and I was glad because his eyes were perfect. The hair, the face, the long legs and kissable lips. Then, my zigzag puzzle was suddenly blown away by some kind of tornado causing it hard for me to look for the missing piece when she said that he is her boyfriend. He smiled at me who made me fall harder, deeper and faster. Since then, I've been living like hell.

 

*****

 

"What did you do today?" Hyoyoung ask Tao as she sat down beside him after taking an ice-cream from the kitchen.

 

 

"Not much." He wrapped his hands around her. "Just a few photo-shoot."

 

 

We were at the living room, as usual, watching the TV. They were sitting at 2 people couch and I was sitting at the long one. I was lying down; trying to concentrate on the TV but the end of my eye always catches the both of them being sweet to each other. I closed my eyes shut but it was hard. Enough with this thing, I gave up and went to my room. I jumped to my bed, with stomach down and my head facing left. I sighed heavily then closed my eyes when I heard a knock.

 

 

"Whaaaat?" I asked dragging the words, ignoring who it was.

 

 

"You okay?" It certainly wasn't Hyoyoung as the voice was rough.

 

 

"Whyyyyy?" 

 

 

"Nothing. If you're sick..."

 

 

"I'm not." I cut him off, not letting him finish his word. Who knows? It might make me fall harder.

 

 

"Ok." I heard steps walk away, and his voice sounded worried. Is he?

*****