The New Guy

My Sister's Boyfriend (on hold)

I went out and passed by the living room. A handsome guy was sitting at the couch. Tao was behind me and I turned my head to look at him.

 

 

"That's him." He nodded towards the guy. "That's your date."

 

 

Puzzled face, I just stared at him for seconds. He turned his head then stopped and looked at me. He was smiling.

 

 

"Hi." He stood up and took out his hand.

 

 

"H...hello." I took his hand and shaked it. They were warm.

 

 

 

"Nice to meet you."

 

 

"It's nice to meet everyone. Now get out." Tao pushed me to the door and smiled to Jongsuk. He must've known that I was nervous.

 

*****

 

"Where should we go?" I directly ask him as we got out of the house.

 

 

"Lunch?"

 

 

"Sure." I smiled to him thankful that he finally ask me to eat.

 

 

He took me somewhere i've never been to before and it looked like heaven. It was a 2 story Korean traditional restaurant building and he took me upstairs. I look around me and there were trees everywhere and couples? I gave him a weird look.

 

 

"This place was build just a few months ago but it's already popular."

 

 

"That's not what I meant but anyway, great place and view."

 

He flashed me a smile. He called the waiter and we ordered.

 

As we waited, he started to talk about his self and about me.

 

 

"Hyewon said you like place like this so, I figured that I should take you here." He smiled.

 

 

"She's right. I already love this place."

 

 

I do. I really do. This place is probably one of my favorites.

 

 

The food came in and because I was starving, I started digging up. Without knowing, he was starring at me.

 

 

"What?" I stopped eating then looked at him. His dark clear eyes starring into mine.

 

 

"You're adorable." He smiled. Not that normal smile, but that Anime style smile.

 

 

He made me blushed. For the first time since high school, I actually blushed again.

 

 

"Ah..ah..ah.." I gulped down the food in my mouth but choked halfway.

 

 

"A..are you okay?" He stood up then tried to rub my back.

 

 

"No!"

 

 

I screamed, took a step away from him then agressively coughed over and over again. He gave me water and I took a glance at him. He clearly didn't know what to do base on his facial expression. I felt bad then finally calmed down.

 

 

"I'm okay."

 

 

He sat back down and I felt awkwardness in the air. This is the first time we're meeting each other and i've already messed things up.

 

 

 

"Thank god."

 

 

 

Relieve was seen in his eyes then he smiled again. After all that embarassing moment, he managed to smile again. I thought he'd be ashamed to be seen with me and but he wasn't. I felt comfortable despite the fact that I should be hiding myself right now which is a good thing because the other blind dates last time were a fail and it was all because of me.

 

*****

 

"Ahhh!" Hyewon screamed while looking at her phone in the middle of the street.

 

 

"Shut it!"

 

 

"Onnie..." She seems excited and a ear-to-ear smile was on her face.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"He wants to meet you again."

 

 

"Who?"

 

 

"Jongsuk oppa!" She jumped in circles around me and I had to calm her own to stop making me look like i'm hanging out with a weirdo.

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

I had no idea why he wanted to go out with me again. Maybe he's the weirdo?

 

 

"He said here... 'I like her. She's actually the first girl to eat like that in front of me. LOL' ..." She gave me a look.

 

 

"I don't exacty know how you ate in front of him but you should keep eating like that. He can't stop talking about you."

 

 

My lips formed a smile. 'I like her' made me smile. For the second time, I actually smiled because of a guy other than Tao. Maybe, just maybe, he'd make me get over Tao.

*****