Don't Go

The Demon's Sister

"That bastard!" echoed across the court, everyone in the vicinity stopping to stare at the owner of the voice, a very angry demon.

Kris could feel the fire burning behind his brown eyes, and everyone else felt it too as he glared at gawking bystanders. He let out a "What the hell are you looking at!", and refocused his attention on Sehun.

He crossed his arms and helped Sehun up, "You sure it's Tao?" 

"Would you have wrecked my phone if it wasn't?", Sehun grumbled.

Kris ignored the remark and stomped his way towards the school, a metaphorical path of flame following suit.


After Tao mocked what Kai considered to be his great love expertise he entered the school parking lot and was met face to face with hell itself.

Kai could only stand frozen in place as Kris' eyes widened in recognition. 

"You! Where the hell is Tao?", Kris demanded as he grabbed ahold of Kai's collar.

"L-library with Sora..", he weakly replied as he felt himself get tossed around like a ragdoll. To his surprise, Kris let go of him, looking eerily calm. Kai didn't know what was scarier, an angry Kris or a calm one. He could see the demon-like male taking deep breaths and what Kai guessed as counting to ten.

"Look I don't do this often. Jongin right?"

"It-it's Kai."

"Who gives a , alright Kai then. Here's the deal, tell me what that bastard Tao is doing with my little sister and you won't be visiting the emergency room anytime soon."

"What Tao's doing with Sora? They're just studying", Kai replied with clenched teeth. He felt his back hit the pavement, Kris' face looming over his.

"Don't you dare ing lie to me! I know something is going on and I know you know what that something is", Kris threatened.

Kai sighed dejectedly and gave in, "You're right I'll tell you everything." Kris helped the boy up, Kai noting this as the only act of kindness he has ever received from Kris.

"Alright so some of the guys, you know Chen and Kyungsoo, those guys that your friends like to bully. Well we- I mean they came up with a plan so that Tao would seduce or do whatever with Sora as revenge against you. You know since you have some beef with Tao."

Kai waited for Kris' reaction, he still seemed eerily calm and not his usual explosive self. 

"Did he tell you?", Kris asked so quietly that Kai had to ask him to clarify. "Did Tao tell you why I have 'beef with him' as you put it?" 

Kai shook his head saying no, catching Kris mumbling to himself. What happened next almost made him pass out, Kris put a hand on his shoulder saying, "I'll make sure the guys lay off of you for a while, take it easy."

As Kris went away, Kai felt the need to sit down after the whole ordeal. A kind demon was surely a hundred times more terrifying than an angry one.


Sora had long gone home and now it was just Tao, walking home alone. Suddenly he heard someone say his name and turned around to get punched in the face. He stumbled backwards, feeling disoriented and tackled his attacker to the ground.

"Duizhang?"

Kris promptly flipped Tao over and held him down, blindly hitting him. "I told you to stay away from Sora! Is it never enough?" 

Tao quickly getting a sense of the situation attempted to kick Kris off, "I tried to explain! I'm sorry ok!"

He got up and wiped the blood off the corner of his mouth, before Kris pushed him against the wall. Both of their pent up rage and testosterone ran dominant, the two continuing to brawl like a scene out of an action movie.

Tao kneed Kris in the gut, him doubling over then knocking down Tao again. Before Kris could punch him, a bloody scream was heard behind them. Kris still seeing red could feel a tiny force pulling at his arm, yelling for him to stop.

Taking this as a chance to leave, Tao left to go home as the sun set. It was painful but not as bad as what Tao had faced during his martial arts tournaments. To him it seemed even in Kris' blind rage, Kris took it easy on him.

Still hearing that voice yell his name, Kris returned to reality and dropped his arm. He checked his surrounding out, noticing he was sitting on a park bench, Tao nowhere to be found. 

Kris turned his head to finally notice the owner of the voice. 

"Sica? What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?! What the hell were you doing? I was walking home after Krystal kept complaining that a certain someone was ignoring her and find that someone beating Tao up in a dank alleyway!"

"Is he okay?"

"Is he okay! Tao was bleeding but lord knows he wouldn't listen to me and walked home as if he was totally fine", Jessica screeched, her ice princess mode completely lost.

Kris slumped back on the bench, "You Jungs worry way too much", he remarked, earning a slap from Jessica.

"Of course I was worried! I care about you", she said, face red out of both anger and embarrassment.

Kris sighed and rubbed the red mark on his cheek, "Nice hit by the way."

He put his face in his hands, allowing time for both Kris and Jessica to cool down. 

"Sica would you mind... just staying with me for a bit?" 

Jessica had never seen Kris seem as vulnerable as he did now in all the years she knew the alleged 'demon' of Sooman high. She didn't reply to him but he took her silence as her way of comforting him. The two then sat, watching the dark sky and attempted to forget their lives and enjoy each other's company.

But Kris knew that once he returned home, he would have to break Sora's heart and consequently his best friend's heart as well.