First love * 006

Aurora

 

 

Chapter 6:

 

 

 

* OC POV *

 

 

“Hi! Hana!” Krystal smiles - the first one since she met me, and I confuse ‘that’ can be called a smile or not because it seems too fake for me.

“Hi! Krystal – ssi!” I lower my head to greet her. What will she do to me?

“Drop the formality, Hana” She goes closer to where I stand. “I’m at the same age as you.” She pauses. “So I think we are… friend? I suppose.” She pronounce the word “friend” like the most disgusting word ever. She flinches when she spoke that word out loud.

“Are you…not…mad at me?” My body has goose bump whenever I think about this morning incident. She was so mad, how can she change attitude towards me like nothing happened? Did Kai say something to her?

“Why must I?” She widens her eyes, looks me curiously. “You’re the mos… the mos…” She seems extremely reluctantly to say the word. “Uhm..How can I say? The lovely girl. That’s right. The lovely person. How can I hate you?” She smiles and hits me in the arm at the same time. Ouch. That’s hurt. I wrinkle my nose because of the pain.

“Oops. Sorry, does it hurt? I just…” She rubs the place she hits me. Her face shows the fake concern.

“Hana. What are you doing?” Kai comes from nowhere. He instantly stands between me and her.

“God. Chill, Kai. I just want to make friend with her.” She turns to me. “Right, Hana?” I flinch because of the tone in her voice. I nod. She smiles, turns back to Kai. “See? And stop look at me like that. I don’t kill her or something. Gee” She pats his chest.

I look up to see Kai’s face. His face seems stiff and serious. He looks at her like want to stop her from murdering someone. He looks so scary right now.

“Friend? As I know I am the only one friend of you since 6 years old. AND.” He pauses, knits his brows. “You don’t want anyone to be your friend, Krystal.” He turns to me, looks me from head to toe. “You.” His gaze stops at my eyes. “What are you doing here? Why didn’t come in?”

“I…” Brave, Hana. “I just want to ask your permission to go home today.” I talked so fast that even I don’t know what I just said. 

“Why?” Kai crosses his arms, seems unamused.

“Uhmm… I…” Sick. No. He won’t believe. Roommate. Right! “Today my new roommate will move in, so I want to help.” Good job, Hana.

“New roommate?” Krystal suddenly asks me, her eyes are sparkling.

“Yeah.” I reply. Why does she seem so excited ?

“Oppa. Let her go home. Oppa.” Krystal clings into his arm, pleads non – stop. “Oppa. Oppa.”

Kai looks straight into my eyes in the good 3 minutes like want to know what I am thinking right now. Am I saying the truth or telling lie. Then his eyes soften. “Ok. If that what you want.” He walks ahead, left me and Krystal. Krystal winks at me, then follows Kai.

“Assa. You’re the best oppa. I soooo love you.” She happily intertwines her hand with him.

I keep looking at their intertwined hand. Happy, Hana. You can go home. You were supposed to be happy, Hana. But I can ignore the clingy feeling in my heart. They actually knew each other for that long? 15 years, not bad.

 

 

 

 

“Hana! You came home!! I miss you.” Yoobi hugs me tightly.

“Unnie. You’re my roommate? Why didn’t you tell me?” I fake cry.

“Surprise!!!” Yoobi smiles widely. “Hurry hurry, come see our room.” She pulls me.

“Ok ok. Slow down, sis.” I chuckle. Have Yoobi to be my roommate is fantastic.

Or not.

“Unnie. Where is my clothes? Why can’t I even find one? And what are these clothes?” My clothes are nowhere found, instead, the whole wardrobe are filled with short black skirt and clothes like that, revealing.

“Oh. Your clothes? I threw away.” Yoobi talks nonchalantly.

“What? You threw all of my clothes?” I scream.

“Yea. And chill. Your clothes is so old – fashioned.” She looks at me with assuring eyes.

“But I feel comfortable with …” I defend.

“No buts Hana. You’re a stylist. What will other people think about you if you keep wearing that kind of clothes? You should notice more about our company’s fame.” She shakes one finger in front of me.

“But don’t you think these clothes are too unveil?” I look at the wardrobe again, afraid.

“Definitely nope.” She shakes her head. “It’s the new collection. It’s trendy, Hana”

“But this is so short.” I try the clothes on.

“No no no. Trust me. You’ll look stunning with these clothes.” Yoobi looks me with pleading eyes. “I promise. Forgive me, Hana.”

“Uhmmmm….” I nod, I don’t have another choice anyway, all my clothes gone.

 

 

 

* THE NEXT MORNING *

 

The warm sunshine penetrates through the window waking me up. I rub my eyes. The house is so quite. Where is Yoobi?

“I have important something to do. Eat something then go to work, ok? Meet you there.

                                                                                                                                                 Sis Yoobi "

So she went first. I should prepare to go to work. Clothes? I chose the most unveil clothes in the wardrobe: a white dress tightly round my body, at least it longs close to my knee, and of course, high heel.

In the bus stop, everyone stares at me. God. This is so awkward. Hope the bus will come soon. Ah. Here it is.

I quickly hop in. Oh! The lucky bus!

“Hana!” Luhan calls me. He seems not happy.

“Hi! Luhan – ssi. I…” I shyly greet him, My hands are caressing the hem of the dress.

“Why did you wear this clothes?” He comes closer to me. His voice seems like angry.

“Yoobi, she…” Not waiting for my answer, he holds my wrist, pulls me hop off the bus. “You go with me.” He says firmly, as if I have no way but follow him. He goes so fast that I hardly to catch up with him. “Luhan – ssi…” I call him. He doesn’t turn around.

“Luhan – ssi”

No reply.

“Are you mad?” I softly ask.

He suddenly stops make my face hit his back. Ouch. He turns around. “! Are you ok?” He cups my face. His eyes clealy shows the corncern. 

I smile. "No. You didn't answer my question."

He still cups my face, looks straight into my eyes. "No. I'm not mad. I'm afraid."

Afraid. I confuse. "Afraid of what?"

He turns to the front. "We should go. That guy across the street is staring at you."

"Huh.." I look across the street and immediately lock eyes with 'that guy'. Seeing me, he' s smirking. God. His smirk makes me want to vomit. Kai' s smirk is the best. Wait a minute. Why do I think about that jerk? I shake my head to erase Kai' s image in my mind.

 

 

 

 

Luhan leads me to the nearest mart. And now we're in a clothes shop.

"You choose." He his head aside.

"Uhm. You know... You don't have to..." I shyly talk.

"If you don't choose, I will take all the clothes of this shop to your house." 

"Uhm. I..."

"Still don't, then I have no choice." As he finished, he instantly lifts me over his shoulder.

"Ok ok. I'll choose." I surrender. He puts me down, then pats my head, smile. "Good girl." 

When I go around to see clothes, I see a couple kissing passionately at the corner of the shop. The girl seems so familiar, red hair...

As they broke the kiss, I can clearly see her face.

Krystal.

And the guy

Not Kai.