Young Love

Hourglass: Behind Story

 

On late December, the six girls had just arrived at their practice room after hours of meeting. They discussed their group’s song, name and concept. After many wild name suggestions from Lee Sooman, they eventually agreed with Soomi’s idea, Hourglass.

Hourglass is also a symbol of infinity and the girls liked the idea.

They learned the choreography for Girls on Top after receiving the divided part for the songs and practiced for their lines. That one month was hectic and everyone had focused on their debut.

“I really hope I can finally debut.” Soomi sighed.

“Everything is settled, of course we’ll debut.” Sehee said and offered a bottle of water to the younger girl. Sehee who had been with Soomi knew how insecure Soomi was. It has been four years and within the four years, Soomi had been placed in many groups that were supposed to debut but the plans were dropped.

“If we’re going to debut, I wonder whether we’ll do well.” She said.

“What about another few years of practice then?” Sehee asked sarcastically lifting her eyebrow. Soomi chuckled and suddenly hugged her.

“I’m excited!” she said.

“I’m not.” Sehee said flatly. She had already had her name as an actress, why bother debuting in a girl group? “Think of it as a favor from me,” The president had said. She had cursed in her mind and just nodded.

“I think it will be fine, you’ll have more fan boys.” Soomi said trying to cheer up the elder. Sehee rolled her eyes. That was not what she wants.

 

The door opened and five guys entered. The girls and the boys exchanged formal greetings before they realized who they were greeting.

“Noona~~!” Yunho had exclaimed and hugged Sehee, twirling her around.

“Jugulle?” (Do you want to die?) Sehee asked with a smile and Yunho laughed awkwardly.

“You didn’t even congratulate me on my debut.” He pouted.

“Congrats.” Sehee said half-heartedly causing Yunho to whine.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong and Soomi were having a friendly conversation, catching up with each other.

 

“Annyeong.” Changmin smiled at Chaerin making her blushed.

“Changmin…oppa,” Chaerin said after hesitating. “Annyeong haseyo.” She said shyly.

“Um..Chae...?”

“Cho Chaerin imnida.” Chaerin said slightly disappointed that he didn’t remember her name.

“How was training?” he asked.

“It was tiring but we have to do our best.” Chaerin replied. “How is life as celebrity?” she asked.

“You’ll have fan girls and antis.” Changmin sighed.

“Oppa, gwenchanayo?” she asked worried. Changmin smiled.

“It’s because I’m still young, I don’t know what to do.” He said and laughed. “You have lost lots of weight.” He changed the topic. Chaerin gave him a hearty laugh.

“Yeah, finally.” She said.

“Hmm, don’t you think you are too skinny now?” he asked and Chaerin pouted.

“How can you say I’m skinny?” Chaerin laughed.

 

Yumi, Eunsung and Mai were watching the other members getting along with DBSK. Junsu and Yoochun came towards them and smiled. After introducing themselves, they asked questions regarding debuts and fans. Yoochun had moved beside Yumi and dragged her a little further than the group.

“Yumi yah, how old are you?” he asked smiling.

“I’m fifteen years old…am I too young to debut?” Yumi asked and Yoochun laughed. Yumi smiled as Yoochun laughed, he was cute when he laughed.

“No, you’re just a year younger than Changminnie. You’re the lead dancer right? You must have danced really well.” Yoochun said and Yumi laughed, blushing.

“Oppa, you don’t have to compliment me.” Yumi said as she placed her hands on her warm cheeks.

“Oppa?” Yoochun asked, tilting his head to the side, clearly amused.

“Umm…” Yumi didn’t know what to say. She has been a fan of DBSK even before they debut especially Yoochun oppa.

“Of course you can call me oppa, Mimi yah~” Yoochun chuckled ruffling her hair. Yumi blushed at the skinship and Yoochun laughed. She is so cute!

 

“Why are you here actually?” Sehee asked and everyone turned to her.

“Oh, I forgot. Your manager said to ask you to perform in front of us. They want us to comment on your performance.” Yunho said. As he said that, the girls got up and Soomi entered the CD. It was their first time performing in front of an audience. Usually, they’ll perform in front of their managers and the representative will check on them sometimes.

“Hwaiting!” Yoochun said to Yumi and Yumi blushed. Sehee who noticed this shot a glare at Yoochun. She has heard of him being a Casanova, but either it is true or not, she never really cares. ‘Yumi is too young to love’, she thought as she saw how red her face was.

 

“Wah!”

“Good job! Good job!”

“Daebak!”

 

The DBSK had cheered once the girls finished. But it doesn’t mean they won’t critique them.

“You really need to be in sync when dancing. Or else it will look messy. You-” Yunho pointed at Youngrae. “You’re always late one second when doing the dance steps.” He said.

“Thank you so much, sunbaenim.” Sehee said sarcastically as she lightly laughed at how Yunho was acting so professional. She glanced at flushing Youngrae and her laughter died. ‘If she can’t accept light criticisms like this, how can she survive?’ Sehee made a mental note to have a talk with Youngrae tonight.

“Eunsungie needs to have some emotions when singing.” Junsu commented and Eunsung smiled and nodded.

“Can you teach me if you have time?” Eunsung asked and Junsu eagerly nodded.

“Soomi noona is really great.” Changmin said. “And Chaerin too.” He smiled at her.

“Okay, do you have anything else?”  Sehee asked. Jaejoong raised his hand like a good student.

“You are pretty when you smile.” He said frankly and for the first time, she didn’t know how to react. Yunho and Soomi chuckled softly seeing Sehee looking flabbergasted.

“I think we have to go now,” Yunho said still laughing. “See you all later and good luck!” he said and walked out from followed by the other members.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I actually understand if you don’t know what to comment when there are no you in the chapter. That will be fine for me. My dearest Soomi unnie, please online!

I really can’t write anything regarding love or crush right now since my heart has just been crushed. T_T

I will write better lovey dovey moment when I get better.

-Says the author who said Yumi is too young to love :P