"It's Jung Sehee" - Xian Hee

Hourglass: Behind Story

 

1998 – Beijing Dance Academy

 

Two representatives from SM wandered around the arena searching for students to be scouted. They spotted a teenager practicing the routine for her performance with nine other girls. All the students there did the same routine but there was something different about her. She has the aura that made people stopped and watched only her. They glanced at each other, came to an agreement and approached the girls. They stopped practicing and the two men made their way to the ‘different’ girl.

Excuse me.” One of them said. “Have you heard of SM Entertainment?” he asked in a thick Korean accent. The girl narrowed her eyes trying to understand.

Sorry?” she asked. Not only they had disturbed her and now she was wasting her time trying to figure out what they were saying.

Have you heard of SM Entertainment?” they asked again.

“Are you Korean?” she asked.

“How did you know? Oh, anyway, have you heard of SM Entertainment?” they asked.

“No.” she said bluntly.

“Well, we’re a talent agency and we are searching for talents.” He said taking out his business card. Xian Hee stopped the urge from rolling her eyes. She hated it when people were going back and forth rather than saying the main point.

“You want to scout me?” she asked. She was not being cocky, she was just being straightforward.

“You can say that–”

“How do I know that this is not a scam?” she asked taking the business card.

“I admit that we are new but I can assure you that we can make you famous.” He said.

“No, thank you.” Sehee said politely and handed the card back.

“Wait, why don’t you consider it first?” he said.

“It’s neither a dream of mine to be a singer nor a famous person.” She said and wanted to leave when her father came.

What is this?” he asked. She held back a sigh.

They are from SM Entertainment in Korea.” She answered her father.

What do they want?” he asked.

They want me to join their company.” She said. Her father thought for a moment before smiling to the two men.

Gents, she’s underage and I’m her father. Let’s have a talk.” She heard her father said in simple Chinese. She looked at her father, disbelieved at what she had heard. The two men understood and nodded.

Now, why don’t you go practice and prepare for your performance?” he said and pushed her back before leaving with the two men.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You literally sold me to them!” Xian Hee shouted as soon as her father told her. She has just finished performing when her father came to her to tell about SM.

What in earth are you doing? Mind your manners!” he scolded. Xian Hee bit her tongue to stop her from talking back.

Pack your things and let’s just go home. Being here is just wasting my time.” He said coldly and left.

I never asked you to come!” she cried as she stomped her feet. She breathed in and out and composed herself. She glared at those who were watching the little drama of hers and her father and went to change the clothes.

If her father is going to send her away like this then so be it.

She got into the car next to her father and put on earphones, looking outside the window. When they arrived, she just slammed the door shut and entered the house, walking past her stepmother, straight to her room.

There you go again, treating me like I’m nobody! Have some respect!” Mei Qi said. Xian Hee didn’t give a damn to what she said and slammed the door shut. She threw her body onto the bed and buried her face into the pillow and screamed her heart out. She rolled on her back and her eyes fell on her mother’s picture.

“He has moved on after you died. And it’s my time to move on from this damn life of mine.” She said and took the frame and gently hugged it close to her aching heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On the very first day in SM, Xian Hee didn’t have to try hard in dancing nor singing. She just has to improve. She also has gone to practice with a light heart, finally away from her demanding stepmother and unfair treatments she received in her so called home.

“Annyeong!” A girl who just walked in to the practice room cheerfully greeted her. She stopped and bit her lips.

“I think I’m an unnie to you.” Xian Hee said bluntly. Upon seeing the hurt face on the younger girl she gave in and smiled. Besides, this is her new home and she’s going to need some friends. “But since you’ve been training here first, so…”

The girl shook her head cutely. “Don’t go with that sunbae thing. We are all the same. Once I debut, only then you’ll call me sunbae.” She said. Xian Hee laughed, which made the younger girl smiled.

“What’s your name?” Xian Hee asked.

“Kwon Boa imnida. And unnie?” she asked. Xian Hee thought for a moment and decided to go with the name her mother has always called her.

“It’s Jung Sehee.” Sehee said and smiled as she stated her Korean name.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have idea or something you want me to add in your life before you join SM, do tell me! ^^