Chapter 10 - Something in the Air Tonight

Screw This Thing Called Love

A/N: I just want to appologize beforehand for who I chose to depict the role of 'the mysterious girl', since in a way I portray her at times to be not quite likeable.... For everyone who is her fan, I SINCERELY APPOLOGIZE! I just really didn't quite want to use the average choice of Yoona or any others of SNSD for some reason o.O

So yeah, I thought of her...Mianhae !!! T.T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sooyoung eyed the bowl of kimchi stew in front of her. The ruby red tint that playfully stained the porcelain white bowl, making her salivary glands water with every swoosh that resulted from the spoon’s stirring.

 

“Aishhhhh if you’re not going to eat it then here, pass it here!!”

She screamed frustratingly at the guy while reaching forward from across the wooden table for the food that called out to her.

 

With a swift soft slap to her fragile hand, the guy sternly replied,

“Yaaa! Choi Sooyoung this is mine. All mine. Understand?”

 

“Well are you trying to cause a mini typhoon in that bowl of yours? Just eat it dammit! Are you trying to kill me with jealousy?!? Stir here, stir there, swish this, and swish that...would you just stop the tortureeeee?!”

She puffed her cheeks wide while slumping back down into her chair, regretful that she wasn’t fast enough to steal the bowl away.

 

Damn you Lee Sungmin… she playfully cursed under her breath.

 

He looked up at the girl and smirked. Sooyoung was the only girl he knew that would fall into a never ending state of depression if her stomach didn’t achieve the requirements to make her full. In front of her was her own emptied plate of what was once mounted with food that could reach the ceiling; a mini sized Mount Everest. It was remarkable how the lean girl was able to shove that amount of food in such a short period of time.

Sungmin took in her cute small frown for a few seconds more, wanting to capture the image before throwing his roll of bread to the starving girl.

 

The soft freshly baked piece of bread perfectly hit the top of her small head. With the softness of buttered flour and aroma of carbs welcoming her, Sooyoung’s frown instantly turned upside down. Just as she was going to take in the long awaited first bite, a hand slipped down before her and snatched the goody away.

 

“Mmmmmm delishhh~”

“Jesssiiicaaa NOOOO!”

 

Sooyoung cried out in desperation as if her life was on the line, but it was no use. Within seconds, the roll disappeared into her friend’s mouth. Dark clouds covered over her and Sooyoung felt the sudden sadness take on.

 

“Waeyeo...bwoh? Did I do something wrong?”

Pointing at her nose, Jessica confusedly exchanged glances from the withering Sooyoung and Sungmin who was dying of laughter.

 

“You just- Sooyoung was- Now she’s all- Aigooooo this is daebak. D-A-E-B-A-K!

Sungmin was having a field day with what had just occurred. Flailing his arms up in the air hysterically and kicking his feet on the floor, the guy just couldn’t find the strength to stop the laughter coming out from his mouth. He folded his arms over his tummy, making sure his belly button wouldn't fall off from the total hysterical moment he was immersed in.

 

Watching the guy release his grip from the spoon, Sooyoung thought of one thing and one thing only.

NOW IS MY CHANCE.

 

Swiftly like a cheetah on its hunt for its prey, Sooyoung leapt forward and grabbed the available bowl of kimchi from the occupied laughing obsessed Sungmin who didn’t give a care in the world anymore. She began to devour the stew in a blink of an eye where one would even argue that she didn’t even take the time to swallow.

 

“Tsk tsk. That is definitely not lady like Sooyoung. Does your boyfriend know you eat like this?”

Jaejoong walked into the cafeteria with Yunho beside him, both of them glimmering a tad bit brighter than the other trainees.

 

Sooyoung looked up innocently with the last bits of ramen dangling from the sides of .

 

“Here. Wipe yourself up nicely.”

Yunho coolly placed his handkerchief onto the table, sliding it ever so slowly closer to the messy eater while ruffling her long dark brown locks. Leaning calmly on the edge of the table with arms crossed along his chest, Yunho exemplified the exact meaning of charismatic.

 

“I’m inviting everyone out for drinks, a little trainees gathering if you might say. The meeting place is at a club just a few blocks away at 11:30 pm. I’ll send you all the rest of the details via text in the next few hours, so make sure all your cell phones are charged. No one is allowed to be late.”

Yunho pushed himself off the table and slowly made his way out the cafeteria like a sly bat.

 

“Son of a is just too cool for school huh?”

Jaejoong laughed as he nudged Sungmin and the others playfully like a child.

 

====================

KYUHYUN’S POV

 

The crowd is bumping as we walk our way into the dark room with neon flashing lights illuminating the area. There’s something in the air tonight and my damn does it give me a good feeling that something exciting is definitely going to go down!

 

Shim Changmin is one hell of a dude. He gives me an ear full of this and that, complaints about how he’s more of a stay-at-home kind of guy, but my damn does he look like a natural at partying it up.

I feel like I’m looking at a mirror when I stare at him, another me, a clone, a Cho Kyuhyun 2.0.

 

 Damn bastard almost had me fooled about trying to act all innocent when he in fact has that aura of a fist-pumping-party-rocker-till-the-sun-comes-up kind of man. That idiot even has that “come hither” look in his eyes that he apparently can turn on and off like a light switch. Brilliant I tell you…absolutely brilliant.

 

Soon after we settle ourselves inside, I insist on playing a little game in order to ease his thoughts away from the girl that undoubtedly ripped his heart out when I first seen him on the plane. A little something like this will for sure have him slip away from that dark gray clouds that once covered atop me all too well before. Although we just met, he gives me that brother vibe that I can’t help but want to protect in a brotherly kind of way.

 

No Brokeback Mountain here people.

I’m straight, completely 100% S-T-R-A-I-G-H-T.  

 

Anyways, if I may say so myself, the two of us easily command the attention from the females placed all over this place. Without needing to lift a single finger from our hands, girls begin to pry themselves onto us even before we officially begin our game. It's like we're the limited edition that every ing chick wants. Without causing a debate, we settle upon the idea of splitting the territory into two halves with each of us getting one side respectively.

 

I don’t even get to make two ing steps to my side of the area before I spot that Shim Changmin grabbing phone numbers like they were annoying little fruit flies that just wouldn’t leave you the hell alone. Needing to get to the end of the club quicker in order to preserve as much time as possible, I begin to trot like a mother ing wild horse until I run into a random wall or something before me.

 

Obvious that the likelihood of me ramming myself into a wall in the middle of a dance floor is slim to none, I peer down and catch a fallen girl nicely onto my arms.

 

Her chocolate brown hair wrapped neatly in a half updo falls effortlessly down, brushing it nicely along her face. Her face, which is a type that is hard to come across stands out immediately as her shocked expression looks up at me. Long full set of eyelashes with a slight amount of eye liner, cheeks blushing a tint of pink that never looked cuter that ever before, and lips so luscious, she looked like the exact type of ideal woman to any sane man in the whole of South Korea. 

 

Her grip along the fabric of my shirt from her fall surprised my every nerve and I can’t help but try and experiment what it would be like to hold it in my own. Before I can do so, she jumps back up. Taller than the average, her long legs that I hoped to have seen are completely covered from the slick clean pant trousers she has on accompanied by a lace soft pink tank top. She’s dressed much tamer than the norm and it’s really interesting to see. Bowing timidly before me, I see her turn her head in confusion. It seemed like she was searching for something or maybe someone…as long as it wasn’t a “male someone”.

 

I try hard to say a single peep to her, but my mother ing mouth won’t budge.

 

“Sooyoung over here!”

I hear someone call out to her and she disappears like that into the crowd, as if her existence before me didn't even occur.

Slipping away from me was the perfect chance to grab a phone number from a girl that so rarely stood out to me. While she rides away along with the waves, I sit lonesome on the coast of the shore waiting for the time when I’d be able to meet her again.

 

I sluggishly walk over to my side of the club with thoughts of the game with Changmin thrown completely out the window now. I seat myself into an empty bar stool by the bar, drowning two shots of tequila right away.

The echo of my actions follows me to my right as I spot a girl just around my age or a year older doing the same.

 

With wide big eyes and light chestnut brown hair, she looks at me then quickly gives me a friendly warm smile. At that moment, I can’t help but pounce on her like a mad man needing to settle his urges. I grab her forcefully into my arms, surprising her every bit. I examine her body, every twist and turn of her curves. Before studying the inside of , small wet tears fall down the sides of her cheeks and I stop to question why, but she doesn’t want any of my curiosity from growing any bigger. She brushes my questions away and insists on focusing back to physical contact as she grabs my face towards hers. Our two tongues play a small game of its own while my hand falls down to take care of her annoying bra she’s got on.

Leopard print with a good full of padding, I can’t help but slightly laugh at the scene, but this girl just lightly bites the bottom of my lip to shut me up. She’s hanging a little more to the side and I sure am not complaining. It’s always nice to experiment.

 

Before we can even try out anything freakier, my cell phone’s alarm buzzes within my pant pocket and only then do I realize that I was suppose to be collecting numbers. I’m not sure when exactly it started, but my always competitive and focused self lost itself during the odd night that still seemed to be young. I pull this unknown girl off of me with much force (since she obviously wanted to continue), place my hand along her waist, and head over to what seems to be a cheekily happy Shim Changmin who looks to be already celebrating his victory.

 

Standing before him, I sigh, ready to hear his mocking or boastfulness of being the winner, but instead I get the complete antithesis.

 

His eyes widen a slight bit as his mouth drops, forming a small shaped “O”.

 

“When did you- How do you- Where did-“

 

His words come out all jumbled and it’s making me ing curious why he’s so damn flustered. He seems to take an interest in the girl I have in my arms so I peek at her once more.  Her face is the exact same as if they were each other’s reflection. They begin to look at each other like they had seen ghosts, both not budging to take a single blink. Not being able to stand watching this ing odd staring competition they have going on, I decide to introduce the two…since they seem to be curious about each other.

 

“This is my good friend Shim Changmin. We go WAAAYYYY back.”

 

I lied.

So what if I lied? We may not have known each other for one, two, ten, fifteen years, but like I previously said, staring at Changmin is like looking at me....only I'm just more handsome of course.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Let's just keep that one to ourselves okay?

 

“And this is…this is…”

I realize that I haven’t even asked for her name, yet I know hell of a lot about her body and mouth.

 

The only name that pops into my mind then is that of a girl named Sooyoung. The sudden remembrance of the unknown girl I just bumped into minutes ago flickers in my mind.

I feel like I’m going crazy as I start to look back and forth around the club looking for her once more…just once more I plead to myself in my mind.

Appear before my eyes just once more.

 

The girl who is steadily in my arms cuts off my thoughts as she takes the initiative to continue on what I so miserably was unable to do by introducing herself.

 

 

 

“My name is Song Qian, also known simply as Victoria.”