Chapter 11

Happy Viruses (HIATUS)

A/N: So yeah, I ended up being super lazy with editing and just wanted to update ; ___ ; lol. I'm trying to write longer chapters though~ Enjoy my lovelies~

 

A frustrated Xiumin slammed a textbook down onto the table in attempt to wake up his students who were nodding off. Amber, Chanyeol, and Chen shot up and groaned. "Hyung, it's been two hours, let's call it a day," Chen pleaded with slight pout on his lips.

"Please~" Chanyeol and Amber joined in with the pleading while giving Xiumin puppy dog faces.

"Five more problems," Xiumin didn't back down. Xiumin was usually the calm and lenient hyung, but when it came to academics, it would turn into an unknown person. "Mr. Baozi I don't understand this one," Amber pointed to a problem.

"Oh, that one's easy," Chanyeol scooted closer to Amber to show her the work on his paper.

"Wah, daebak," she clapped her hands to compliment him. He grinned widely at his work.

In another room, shouting and laughter could be heard. The rest of Exo had crammed themselves into Kris's room to not disturb them. "This is torture. Clearly they're making fun of us," Chen hung his head in shame.

"Come on, after these last few problems I'll get you guys a treat from Kris's fridge," Xiumin said the last park about Kris's fridge in almost a whisper. The three students looked at each other, and then nodded to finish as quickly as possible.

Around 8 at night, Xiumin dismissed his students. "Good job today, we'll continue this on Monday," Xiumin announced. The rest of Exo came out of Kris's room just then.

"Chanyeol-ah, walk Amber home," Suho, being the responsible hyung he is, volunteered Chanyeol. Everyone agreed, and then said their good-byes.

---

As the two walked home, talking about whatever came to their mind, a snowflake landed on Amber's nose. "Chanyeol! Look!" Amber turned to the taller male and pointed at the snow flake. Her eyes were crossed, for she was starring at the snow intently. Soon, more snowflakes were seen coming from the sky.

"First snow of the year," Chanyeol looked up with a smile on his face. Amber looked over at Chanyeol who looked so calm admiring the snow. Somehow, he looked really cool to her. She snapped herself out of her gaze. "Quick! Race you to my house!" Amber made a sprint down the street.

Chanyeol watched the fleeing Amber for a second before running after her. "No fair! I don't know where you live!" He shouted from a distance.

"Cold, cold, cold!" Amber wobbled her way to the front door of her house. She struggled with steadying her frozen fingers to pick out the right key to open the door before finally unlocking it. Upon running in, a rush of warm air calmed the two down. They quickly shut the door to block out the cold, and then moved to take off their shoes.

"Oh, who's this?" Amber's mother asked in Chinese, while popping her head out from the kitchen.

"Chanyeol. He's a friend from school." Amber replied in English. Chanyeol politely bowed to the elder. Her mother smiled at Chanyeol's manners. "I'll make you two some hot chocolate. Go show your friend to the living room."

"Yes!" Amber punched the air at the mention of hot chocolate. She led Chanyeol to the living room, and told him to make himself at home. The room was small, yet cozy and consisted of a lumpy couch, a coffee table, and a TV. Family pictures scattered the walls and decorated the living room dressers.

"So um, I never got to ask about your family."

"What do you want to know?"

"Uhh any siblings?"

"I have a sister named Jackie. She's in L.A. right now where I was born. She visits a few times a year so you can meet her. How about you? Any other siblings besides Minwoo?"

"Nah. Just me and him. It can get kind of lonely...he's been in the hospital for almost a full year. I miss having him home." Amber saw another side of Chanyeol that night. He was sad. It can be seen when he stared at the floor while talking about his brother. "You really care about him, huh?"

"Of course." He grinned up at Amber.

Amber's mother came in and placed the hot chocolate down on the coffee table. "Amber, ask him if he can stay the night. The streets are filled with snow now," her mother said in English.

Amber nodded at her mother, "Do you think you can stay the night. My mom said the streets are filled with snow," she translated it into Korean.

His eyes widened, "Are you sure it's okay. I mean," he coughed, "I'm a boy." Amber laughed, and then patted his back.

"It's okay. I've had a few guy friends stay the night before."

"Ohh," Chanyeol didn't know why, but he felt disappointed and I little envious to hear that. He agreed to stay, bowing to Amber's mother in appreciation.

That night, the two stayed up to watch movies and eat junk food. Amber busted out her Xbox and PS2 to play some video games. Around 4 in the morning, the two teens feel asleep in the living room with the TV still on and half eaten bags of junk food scattered the coffee table.

 

(updated: 11-24-13)