Chapter 1

Happy Viruses (HIATUS)

Amber sat on her desk, happily chatting it up with her classmates. "Liu," the teacher called out.

"Yes?"

"The principal wants to see you."

"Oooo~" her classmates cooed at her.

"He wants to see Amber? But she doesn't do anything wrong." Sulli pouted.

"He probably wants to nag to her again about taking the pants that she wears underneath her skirt off." Krystal snickered. Everyone laughed from Krystal's legit comment. "Let's hope that's all he wants to tell me." Amber grinned, and then leaped off her desk.

Amber cooley walked into the office, bowing to the administration. Here at SM High School, almost everyone knew Amber Liu. She was the social butterfly that treated everyone equally and with respect. Underclassman looked up to her leadership; female students swooned over her boyish charms and appearance; and male students treated her as their own.

The middle aged ladies all happily waved at her and pointed her direction into the principal's office. "Hello Mr. Choi!" Amber popped her head in through the door, and then took a seat in the chair placed in front of his desk. He looked down on her, "Still wearing pants I see."

"Well you know me," Amber grinned cheekily.

He sighed. "I'm waiting for one more student."

"Sorry I'm late Mr. Choi!" a male student ran into the office. Amber turned around to see a tall student with dyed brown hair, panting.

"Just take a seat Chanyeol." Chanyeol obediently took the empty seat next to Amber.

"You two are here because you've failed to turn in your career sheets. Turning this in is a graduation requirement."

"But...what if I don't know what I want to do yet?" Amber asked.

"I'll give you two to the end of this month to turn this in. It's a good thing I know that the both of you are students in good standing." Amber punched the air. "Yes! Thank you Mr. Choi."

"Thank you Mr. Choi," Chanyeol echoed Amber's thanks after hearing the extended due date.

"Well, that's it. Go back to class." He shooed them out of his office.

The two exited the office with relief written on their faces.  "So you're the famous Amber?"

"I don't know about famous, but my name is for sure Amber. Chanyeol, right?"

"Mhmm." he paused, "Mind if I can ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"How come you haven't turned in your career sheet yet?"

"I just haven't thought about it." Amber shrugged.

"So we're alike huh." Chanyeol brightened up, "It's nice to know that I'm not the only one unsure about the future..."

"Hey look!" Amber pointed out the open window towards the soccer field, "The sprinklers came on!"

"...Are you thinking what I'm--" Before Chanyeol could finish his question, Amber already lundged herself out the window and ran her way toward the sprinklers. "Ah, this girl is over excited," he chuckled to himself before running after her.

The summer heat made the sprinkler water refreshing and cold against the skin. Amber playfully pushed Chanyeol onto a sprinkler and got his pants drenched. "GAH!" He screamed. Amber bursted out in laughter. Chanyeol shot her a glare, and without her looking, he tackled her into another sprinkler.

After a few minutes, the final bell rang signalling the end of the school day and the end of their sprinkler fight.

 

(updated: 9-29-30)