They weren't drunk?

Action!: Remix

Baekho’s POV

This was the fourth time in three weeks that they were missing practice. I don’t blame them. It’s hard just living together anymore, why would they want to come to practice after what we did? Everyday Aron and I have been talking in our now shared room, discussing what happened, what we had done wrong. And I’ve come to the conclusion that our drinks had to have been drugged. There was no way that we would be so far wasted we would lose our sense like that.

I know that’s what I told Ren, but I needed to tell him something. Saying ‘I don’t know’ would have been worse. But nothing seemed to matter to him anymore. I should have known something was wrong. I should have had better judgment. Ren had been acting weird, had been constantly watching me and making comments about me looking at women. He was still insecure and I guess he had every right to be, but I love him. I put so much time and energy in our relationship and twice now it seems all for not. But there really has to be a reason. Aron is good at holding his alcohol. And so am I, though I don’t think anyone should know that. Drinking underage is illegal, but it’s not like I’m not the only person who does it.

Still...there has to be a way to prove that we had been drugged.

“Where are they?” I jumped as our manager walked out into the practice room. I was sitting to the side, watching Aron and JR dance, lost in my own thoughts, drowning out everything around me, so hearing his sudden voice shocked me. I stood, dusting myself off and sighed.

“They said they weren’t feeling well today.” JR answered as he turned to face their manager.

“Again? They’re not feeling well a lot lately and none of the doctors they see say anything is wrong with them.” He growled, looking away thoughtfully. I shared a look with Aron and I knew we both felt the guilt in those words.  “Baekho, Aron.”  We turned as our names were called and stared at him.

“This doesn’t have anything to do with what happened a few weeks ago does it?” he asked. I’m pretty sure our manager knew about our relationships, or at least suspected something. “Because if it does, you need to get them over this.”

“How can we do that?” Aron asked huffing, getting upset. “They hate us and they don’t want to talk to us anymore.” He grumbled.

“You act as if you two were caught cheating.” Manager-hyung said. When we didn’t move to make a protest about that comment, it seemed to finally click in his brain. “I see.” He said and nodded slowly. “Well it doesn’t matter. You tell them if they don’t show up in the next fifteen minutes, I’m firing them.” He said.  My heart stilled. Ren tried to leave once before, but he came back. If Ren was fired, he was going to be forced to leave and I don’t want that. I don’t want to lose my lover; the one person who knows me better than I do. He’s my best friend.

“And, we’re working to get what happened resolved. I’m sure there’s more going on than your stupid judgment to get drunk.” He said. It was his parting words as he left the room. I looked back to the others and watched as JR headed for the door, already on his phone, trying to get in touch with Ren and Minhyun.

Aron walked over to me and leaned heavily on me. “This is ed up. Ren and Minhyun are getting in trouble, we’re in the dog house and now our manager thinks we’re stupid.” He muttered.

“We are. We decided to go out and drink.” I reminded him.

“Yeah but.” Aron said and closed his eyes. His forehead started to wrinkle and I knew he was thinking hard. “I just remember having two drinks and the next thing I remember was Minhyun yelling at me and we were in the dorm. I know I had been looking, and I know we had talked to those girls, but I don’t remember anything else.”

“I know. Me either.”  I said. “I remember drink one, then drink two.” I said. “And then, nothing. I find it really hard to believe were that drunk after just two drinks. It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Tell me about it.” Aron muttered. “But no matter what we say, they’ll never believe us.”  I pulled from him and growled.

“But they should damn it! I know something was wrong. Maybe we were drugged.” I suggested.

“Oh? And how do we prove that?” Aron asked, crossing his arms as he watched me. “It’s too late to come to that conclusion. We’re ed Baekho. We’ve lost the good things in our lives and nothing we do or say is going to change that.” God, could he be more depressing? I lost Ren again. The one thing I swore I would never do and I did it.

Walking away, I sat back down and leaned against the wall, closing my eyes. They opened instantly as I saw Ren’s face behind my lids. I hate it. I can’t sleep well anymore either. All I ever see is him. All I ever hear is him. Everything about Ren that I came to love, to know so intimately, it’s haunting me now and I don’t know what to do.

“Alright.” JR said as he walked back in. “They’ll be here in five.” He said and glanced to us carefully. “So let’s try and get through this okay?”

“Hey! Don’t ing talk like it’s our fault.” I snapped at him.

“Yeah, you’re just as much part of his problem too.” Aron growled. The other was still pissed at JR for kissing Minhyun twice and making Minhyun realize he still loved JR. Aron was convinced that if it weren’t for JR and bringing back those feelings, Minhyun would have been more understanding and taken him back.

“Last I checked it was your fault.” JR snapped right back. “You two were the ones that brought those women home. You two were the ones that went and got drunk. Not me, I didn’t do anything other than kiss Minhyun and he made it very clear from the start, there was nothing between us, and there wasn’t going to be anything between us. He was completely devoted to you Aron.” He said with a glare. “So this whole thing is your fault, get it right.” He said before walking away. With each fight I felt the rift between us all growing further and further apart. It was only a matter of time before there was no more Nu’est. And as much as that would probably be better for everyone, less stressful for us all, I don’t think I could go back to being who I used to be. Nu’est is my life now, it’s my happiness.

I don’t think there would be anything in the world to replace that happiness except for Ren, but that was never going to happen.

 

~*~*~*~A few days later~*~*~*~

 

Aron’s POV

I stared at the reports in shock. I had completely forgotten that Ren had attacked Baekho, even though the other’s nose was still slightly bruised. And I had forgotten that our manager had taken him to the hospital for treatment. They had did a series of tests to make sure that nothing was wrong with the other as well as just being attacked. And the tests came back that there was a drug in his system.

ing Baekho had been right. We had been drugged. And if I can remember correctly, I think it was those es too. I’m pretty sure they had bought our second drinks. So then it was planned? Really, what type of person would drug an idol?

….

A crazy fan, that’s who. I can’t believe this. If Baekho had been drugged, than so had I. So when I said I had no idea why things happened, that I lost all sense of myself, I really had because of that stupid drug. !

“I knew it.” Baekho whispered and looked to me.

“So the two of you then were drugged.” Manager-hyung said as he sat next to us. Across from us in the small office was our boss, the big guy that signed our paychecks. The owner of Pledis. He was looking at the medical records as well with a very disapproving look on his face.

“So let me get this straight. You went out drinking, though you know you can’t. You were drugged and you brought home the people that very well could have drugged you?” he asked and shook his head. “You do realize that I should do something about this.”

I winced and glanced to Baekho whose head was lowered in shame. We both knew there was going to be some sort of punishment. And I was pretty sure I knew what it was. Nu’est was finished.

“But, I won’t.” the owner said and our heads, including our manager’s, snapped up, staring at him in shock. “I’m very disappointed in you boys, but this is the first incident and from the disruptions occurring within your group that I’ve heard about, it seems you’ve both been punished enough.” He said. “And it seems that you had no true control over what happened after ingesting the drugs.” He said and sighed. He rubbed his forehead a bit and for the first time in my life I had never been so thankful.

“I trust this won’t happen again?” he asked. We nodded our heads eagerly.

“Never again.” Baekho promised.

“We’ve learned our lessons.” I told him. He looked at us both and nodded before passing over the report to our manager. “Then take this, clear up any problems within the group and get them working together once more. They’re comeback is just around the corner. I want to see a strong performance and see the single hit the number one spot on the charts.”

“Yes sir.” Manager-hyung said. He stood and bowed to the owner and we did the same, giving a deep bow out of respect. This man just saved our careers. Now hopefully our manager can help us save our love lives.

Leaving the building, we climbed into the van and headed back to the dorm in silence. I spent most of the time thinking of what I was going to say and how I could possibly make this up to Minhyun. For Baekho, I wasn’t sure. I’m pretty sure he was screwed over no matter what he did. Was Ren ever going to trust him again? That was a good question.

Pulling up behind the dorm, the van was turned off and we all climbed out. Though we had all been spared a horrible fate, it was the fate of the group that we were about to face that was going to matter. Biting my lip, I stared up at the tall building as my feet carried me to the door.

“Time to face our makers.” Baekho whispered to me as he opened the door and stepped.

Yup, we were dead.