Caught in the Act

Action!: Remix

Ren’s POV

My mind was racing, and all I could think about was smacking JR across the face for ruining something so wonderful between Minhyun and Aron. So that’s what I did. It was after the music video shoot. We were alone in the dorm. Baekho and Aron were going to get dinner and Minhyun went along. JR and I were alone and when I saw him, I didn’t just smack him, I punched him.

“Ren!” he shouted as he stumbled backwards, holding his cheek. He was glaring at me, but I was glaring right back. I didn’t care if he was my hyung, he did something unforgivable, and he deserves it. “What the hell is your problem?”

“Oh, and so now you’re stupid too?” I snapped. “You know exactly what my problem is. How can you kiss him like that?!”

“Me? What makes you think I started it? What if he started it?” JR hissed. Did he honestly think that I would think otherwise? Minhyun wouldn’t do that? The other may still have feelings for JR, but I knew my friend and I knew he wouldn’t risk his relationship like that. None of us would. Love is something sacred, something we’ve worked so hard on. I know this first hand.

“Don’t sit there and try to make me think Minhyun would do that. He wouldn’t! He loves Aron.” I growled and pointed at him. “You need to leave him alone and just let him be happy. You had your chance JR, and you ed it up.” He glared at me and smacked my finger away.

“You ed up yours too Ren. Don’t let this whole lovey situation cloud your brain.” He told me. “You think just because you finally put out that Baekho loves you and will stay with you? He told me I could have you Ren.” He reminded me and I felt my chest tighten and my blood boil.

“That was when we were having our issues.” I reminded him coldly.

“Oh, well then let’s not forget recently, when he was eyeing those women the whole time were out. Remember that? Drooling over them. All of them a lot prettier than you and would be more accepted with others than you.” He said. What was he trying to do, honestly hurt me? After he got me and Baekho together, this was what happens afterwards? I thought he was different, changed.

“Baekho wouldn’t cheat on me. You’re such an JR. I thought you had changed.”

“I have changed!” JR snapped, glaring at me. “I’ve changed. I’ve felt things I’ve never felt before, realized things I never would have realized about myself. I know how I treated Minhyun was wrong and I want to make up for it.”

“So you want to ruin his relationship with Aron? That’s how you’re going to make up for it?” I asked, shaking my head. That makes no sense. It’s more like Baekho’s logic than real logic.

“No! That’s the last thing I wanted to. But I wanted to let Minhyun know my feelings, that I was sorry. But he said he still loved me. And if he loves me and I love him, then why can’t we be together?”

“Because he has Aron you ing idiot!” I shouted.

“Aron’s not right for him!” JR protested.

“And you are?” I snarled.

“Yes! I truly love him. And he still loves me. If he can still love me then there is a chance that we can make this right between us.” He said and shook his head. “Aron just wants him for , is just using him. I know how to treat him better.”

“You do?” I asked and rolled my eyes. “Like I would ever believe that. Leave him alone Jonghyun. If I catch you messing with him again, I’ll tell Aron and then you can deal with him.” I warned him.

“I think you should be more worried about your own relationship than mine.” JR said. He turned and walked off then, still rubbing his cheek and I smiled. There was going to be a bruise, but he deserved it. What gave JR the right to be an to Minhyun, get a little bit better and then suddenly decide he loves him and wants to be with him? It was crazy.

But what I was more worried about was what JR mentioned. Baekho. I knew Baekho still loved women. He was a guy who, for the short time he’s been alive, has been attracted to women until recently. But then he got together with me and after we became a couple, Aron has been prattling on about how we were soul mates and always meant to be together. And I think that too, and after finally getting over my fear of , I know for a fact we’re supposed to be together.

But still…those times we’ve had our downs, they were horrible. And that time with that girl, those words he said that really split us apart, I still remember those times. And they still hurt me. I don’t want to stand here though and doubt my relationship with him. What kind of relationship do we have then? Not one based on trust. And I do trust Baekho, with all my heart. He wouldn’t hurt me…I know he wouldn’t.

~*~

Minhyun’s POV

I don’t know what possessed the two to want to go out, but I didn’t stop them. Baekho and Aron were much closer now that JR was pushed to the side. Though he was working hard to get back into everyone’s good graces, we still didn’t like hanging around him much, especially me. Not now after everything that’s been going on. And I doubt Ren will want to be around either of us after what he saw.

So I let the boys go and have their fun, taking back dinner to the dorm so the rest of us could eat.  It was late now, after midnight and I was starting to worry. I’ve tried called Aron many times, and Ren has called Baekho many times and neither has answered. We’re starting to really worry and but we don’t want to call our manager and get them in trouble.

So we’re waiting in my room.

“What if something bad has happened to them? What if they were in an accident?” Ren asked, rubbing the back of his head.  I sighed and shook my head.

“Don’t think like that Ren. Okay?” I said. “They’re probably just out at a club or something. Aron’s probably drinking.”

“But Baekho’s not old enough!” Ren protested. Well just because he wasn’t old enough didn’t mean that’s not where he was. They were guys after all. Well so were we, but we were more careful on what we did.

“Calm down Ren.” I said and sighed. Reaching out, I touched his shoulder gently and rubbed it. “They’ll be home soon.” I told him. He looked at me skeptically, and opened his mouth to say something, when he heard the front door open, followed by Baekho’s laugh.  They were home, finally. “See, told you.” I said as I looked back at him. Grinning, he stood and moved to the door. I followed him, leaving my room and heading out to the main room where the voices were.

“Baekho it’s about time. Do you know how worried-” Ren trailed off, stopping in the living room. I stopped behind him, confused. Looking up, I stared wide eyed at the scene before us. Baekho…and Aron…they were kissing and feeling up these two girls. Two ty girls at that. They must have been at the club.

“Baekho!” Ren shouted, gaining their attentions. They stared at us and Aron threw me a grin.

“Hey Minnie.” He greeted, words slurred together in a jumbled mess. He was drunk and I bet Baekho was too. “Have….have you met uh…” he looked at the girl. “Her?” he asked and looked back at me.  “She’s a really good kisser and s are so squishy.” I was speechless. I felt so disgusted. My boyfriend, the person I loved, that I have been so worried about hurting because of JR, was drunk, with a woman in our dorm. It was wrong on so many levels. But the worst thing was, this could be our fan and they knew where we lived. Now we were going to have to move.

“I’m glad you’re having fun Aron.” I said, finding my voice. “Because I can tell you, you’ll never have fun with me again you bastard.”  I reached for Ren, but I grasped air. I hadn’t noticed the other had moved, but it didn’t take a genius to realize where he was, especially when I heard the screams. Turning, I watched Ren tackle Baekho to the floor and started punching him.

“You !” he shouted. “I loved you! How could you do this to me?!” he screamed.

“What the hell is going on out here?” JR entered the scene then, snapping out of his sleepy haze.

“Ren?” Aron’s words seemed a lot clearer now and as I looked at him, he seemed a lot more aware of what was going on. I suppose seeing Ren going ape on his boyfriend sobered him up a bit.

“What the ?!” JR growled. “Who the hell are these people? Get out!” he shouted.

“Help!”

It was crazy and loud and all I wanted to do was cry. But I couldn’t. At least not yet. Baekho and Aron ed up, but I suppose I shouldn’t let Baekho be beaten to death. Rushing over, I grabbed Ren by the waist and pulled him off.

“Let go of me!” Ren screamed. “I’ll kill him!” He kicked and squirmed, but I held him tight, dragging him away. JR did damage control, getting rid of the women and locking our door tightly. He looked to Aron, shaking his head and then down at Baekho, whose nose was bleeding.

“I hope he broke it.” JR hissed. After all his hard work to help get Ren and Baekho together, the idiot goes and does this. And Aron is no better. I thought I had nothing to worry about, that Aron was mine and all mine. I never saw him looking, he never talked about girls being pretty or y, at least the none idol women. I felt so betrayed.

“Ren calm down.” I said. The longer he was away from Baekho, the calmer he became until he was practically limp in my arms. And then he was crying. “Ren.” I whispered as I stared down at him. I felt his heartbreak. Looking back up, I looked between Aron and Baekho and it still seemed like they just didn’t understand.

“I hope this was worth it.” Heaving Ren up, I helped back to my room, closing the door behind us. I hope that in the morning those two realized what they did because if they didn’t, it would kill me. If they couldn’t remember and act as if nothing happened….

Laying Ren down on my bed, I laid next to him, holding him close. He cried into my chest and I cried into his hair. It felt so good to finally let go and release the pain I felt in my heart. I worried so much about keeping this good with Aron, to stay faithful to him, to move on from JR again. I was so worried I was the one going to up and in the end it was the one person I couldn’t live without.

How could I be so stupid to fall in love with the biggest player in our group?

~*~

No One’s POV

JR opened Minhyun’s door, peeking into the room. The two dongsae’s were sitting up in the bed, holding each other, each looking worse for wear than Baekho had a few minutes ago when he saw him. After getting rid of the girls last night, JR called their manager, who came and took Baekho to the hospital to get his nose checked out. It turns out it wasn’t broken, but it was going to be black and blue and really sore for at least a week while it healed.

“Hey you two.” He whispered. Walking in, he moved over to the bed and sat on the end, looking at them. “Breakfast is ready.”

“I’m not hungry.” Ren whispered.

“I don’t even want to see them.” Minhyun replied, closing his eyes.

“Come on. I know what happened, is bad. But you can’t just not eat. You need something.” JR said, reaching out and touching Minhyun’s leg. The other jerked and looked at him tiredly and JR sighed. “Please. Both of you, I don’t want to see your health decline. Come eat.”

“Fine.” Minhyun whispered after much debate. He nudged Ren and the other crawled out of the bed slowly. Minhyun stood and stretched.

“Did I break his nose?” JR looked up at the question, staring that blond. “He was bleeding a lot. Did I break it?”

“No.” JR said as he stood. “Manager-hyung said that you ruptured a vessel. But it’s not broken. It’s going to be swollen and sore though for a while.” He answered.

“Damn.” Ren whispered. JR chuckled and moved back to the door, opening it. He let the other two out first and trailed behind them to the kitchen. Baekho and Aron were already seated there, eating slowly, dark circles under their eyes. When the three entered, they looked up, staring at them. The tension in the room rose sharply then, even more so as the two took a seat. JR moved to the counter and grabbed the remaining plates and brought them over, sitting them in front of Minhyun and Ren and took his seat to start eating.

Silence weighed heavily over the group as they ate. It was deafening and it was it was driving some of them mad. Baekho lowered his fork and stared at the two before sighing heavily. Though it sounded strange with his nose taped up the way it was.

“Ren, about last night.”

“Shut up.” Ren growled, glaring up at Baekho before shoving another forkful of food in his mouth.

“No, I won’t shut up.” Baekho said. “I’m sorry. I was drunk okay? I had no idea what I was doing.” Ren slammed his fork down.

“Really? Because you can ing remember last night can’t you? Not that drunk were you?” Ren asked angrily.

“No, I remember you attacking me and what happened afterwards. And I remember going to the club with Aron. I can’t remember anything after the first two drinks I had.”

“And is that supposed to make it better? That you don’t remember your actions? That doesn’t change a damn thing!”

“Of course it does. I wasn’t in control of my body!” Baekho shouted. Ren stood, chair falling backwards at the force.

“That’s right! You weren’t. And you let your ing animal instincts do all the talking for you! You lied to me, that you would never stray from me and what did you do?!” Tears were falling from his eyes as he glared hatefully at Baekho.

“Damn it Ren!” Baekho shouted as he stood. “I love you! What happened last night was a mistake that I had no control over it! I was drunk and you know I would never do that if I weren’t!”

Ren stepped back and glared, shaking his head. “How can I be sure?” he asked. “You know…I’m pretty sure you would. You tried it once remember? And when you’re drunk, you lose all sense of time, reality. Like you said, you have no control over yourself and that means you do what you want to do, what you’ve been dying to do, but kept to yourself while sober.” He whispered. Reaching up wiped away his tears.

“So you know what, I’m done Baekho. I loved you unconditionally; even when we split apart I loved you. I gave you my ity, my heart, soul.” He whispered. “And you are such a worthless, spineless human being that not only do you pick up a girl, but you bring her to our home with the intent to her. Well you know what, fine.” He said and waved his hand. “Go Baekho, go find that stupid and her and I hope she’s worth it.” Ren felt so much hatred in his body that he wanted to say so much more. To scream and shout and call Baekho names, but he just couldn’t. He felt drained and it just didn’t feel worth it.

“Well, I’m sure she’ll be better at it. Probably won’t feel like having with a stuffed animal.” Baekho spat, just to be hateful. Ren growled and grabbed his plate, throwing it at Baekho. The other ducked, barely dodging it.

“Ren! What the hell is your problem?!” Aron shouted then. The plate had nearly hit him in the process.

“Shut up Aron!” Minhyun finally snapped, glaring at him.

“Minhyun!” Aron said, staring at him hard. “I nearly got hit with a ing plate! I have a reason to voice my displeasure.”

“Well I wish the plate had hit you!” Minhyun said. “After what you did, said to me last night!” he said, on the verge of crying himself. 

“Well I suppose you won’t accept the excuse of me being drunk then will you?” Aron asked, already knowing that there was no use in fighting Minhyun on that.

“No.”

Aron sighed and ran a hand through his hair. His head was throbbing and the crying and shouting wasn’t helping his hangover. He made a huge mistake last night, him and Baekho both and they ed up royally.

“Well then I don’t know what to tell you Minhyun.”

“How about the truth.” The other said, crossing his arms as he sat there. “How about you start there?”

“The truth? You want the truth?” Aron asked and snorted. “Alright, the truth is I love you Minhyun, but I’m not gay.” He said. “I told you that from the beginning. And I’m still a young guy. I look at men and women, you can’t blame me for that, but I’ve never ever cheated on you once, I’ve never once thought about being with another person since I started dating you.”

“Then why?” Minhyun asked.

“I don’t know Minhyun okay? I don’t know. I was drunk, I was doing what I always do, looking at other people and one thing led to another. And like Ren said, when a person is drunk, they lose all sense of themselves and that’s what happened.”

Minhyun shook his head. “You’re a ing pig.” He said. “I don’t feel so bad now kissing JR.”

“You what?” Aron shouted. The other three paused, growing very silent. Ren even stopped his crying  to stare at Aron and Minhyun.

“JR and I kissed Aron. Twice.” He said. “And I’ve been beating myself up for it for a week now because I love you so much that I never wanted to hurt you.” He said. “So I guess we’re not so different are we, except you were drunk and I was taken by surprise.” He said and stood. Minhyun took a few deep calming breaths and headed for the door.

“Minhyun.” Aron called out and Minhyun stopped. He turned and looked back at the other. “Do you still love him?” he asked. Minhyun bit his lip and looked away then.

“Yes.” He whispered. Aron’s head dropped them. He let out a shuddering breath. “I never stopped loving him Aron. But you….you are the person I’m in love with.” He continued on. “You’re my world. Why did you have to do this?”

“Minnie.” Aron whispered, never raising his head. “Please. I don’t want to lose you.”

“I think…you should have thought of that last night.” With that, Minhyun continued on out of the room. Ren watched his friend go and slowly turned to look back at Baekho.

“Ren.” Baekho whispered.

“I thought you were my soul mate Baekho. But how can soul mates fight as much as we do?” Ren asked softly, sniffling. “I think…it’s time to just end it.”

“No…please Ren.” Baekho whispered, reaching out for him.

“My room’s open, for you and Aron to have now.” He whispered and turned, leaving the kitchen as well. JR sighed, sitting back in his seat. This was not what he wanted to happen. He wanted Minhyun to forget about Aron, to come back and be with him. But this, this was something he never saw coming. And after seeing all the emotions, he finally realized, Minhyun was crazy for Aron. It was a love that maybe Minhyun once had for him, but he had ruined the chance. And perhaps he had a hand in ruining this relationship as well. He regretted it now. Minhyun wasn’t happy, neither was Ren and it seemed their group was once more torn.

“Guys.”

“Shut up JR.” they both growled and stormed from the kitchen. JR sighed, nodding. He deserved that; he would give him credit for it. He was going to let them cool down for now. And once things were better, he would try and talk to them. He couldn’t be selfish anymore. As much as he loved Minhyun, he wanted him to be happy and if that meant being with Aron, then so be it.