New Dynamic

An Experiment

 

Kaiyeol:
 
He wasnt sure when they switched from being friends to being a couple. It kind of just happened. 
 
They were never the type to be serious or try all that hard to seem mature. Kai knew for a fact that he wasnt like that. And if he wasnt like that, chanyeol was even more so. 
 
They grew close during high school when chanyeol sat next to him in science class. They had probably the most boring science teacher on the planet who talked with a monotone voice and choreographed all his jokes beforehand to the point where they were no longer funny. 
 
Chanyeol made class better, less of a bore. He popped jokes that would leave kai snickering and doing his best to stifle the sound before he got in trouble. He always got his revenge at lunch, chanyeol more often than not spewing his lunch back onto his tray. It was hilarious; as long as it didnt land on him. 
 
It was probably the wrestling that got them into trouble. Tickle fights and the lot. Neither of them liked to lose and disputes were never talked out. Chanyeol knew all of his weak spots where he was the most sensitive and he would attack him ruthlessly until he fought back. They just couldn't stop giggling. 
 
And somehow, he ended up under chanyeol one time, catching his breath, the half smile still on his face because chanyeol was touching he underside of his arm and it tickled like hell. His friend just stared at him and just when he was about to ask what was wrong, chanyeol kissed him and he shut right up. 
 
It was never a spoken thing between them. But they would be doing homework and then kai would look up at a certain time and they would just stare at each other and somehow he would find himself leaning over and kissing his friend because it just turned out to be so addicting.
 
He got jealous when, one day after school, he found chanyeol at his locker with a girl. He didnt know her name but he could hear her say, "I really like you chanyeol oppa," and the ugly green monster reared its head inside him. 
 
It was on an impulse, a purely foolish action, that he turned his friend around and their lips met right there in the middle of the hallway. It was a final declaration, saying that he didnt give a flying because chanyeol was his now. 
 
They never talked it through but they were together, with all the possessive rights and almost laughingly cutesy titles of a real couple. 
 
That is, until reality came crashing down and chanyeol told him he was moving away. It hurt because he would have to see his best friend, his lover, go so soon before graduation. But chanyeols father had to change location within the fortnight and chanyeol was going with him (because his mother wasnt around anymore). 
 
Kai instantly felt all sorts of regrets because hey had always been in an unstated relationship. He had shared everything that couples usually would, they had experienced all the laughs he loved and the jokes that made his day so much better. 
 
And yet he had never had the guts to say "I love you."
 
It was hard, something reserved only for the most special people in his life. But he realized that chanyeol was special and he did care. 
 
---
 
On the eve of chanyeols move, kai stayed up all night, pacing around his room and tossing and turning in his bed. He didnt know what he should even do when his friend (his boyfriend) was going. 
 
It was probably four in the morning when he slipped out of he house and ran a mile to chanyeols, scaling the tree outside of his friends window. Chanyeol always left it open because they knew each other and while kai wasnt questioned when he left at night, chanyeol had to be much more discreet and leave through the window. 
 
It was also because when kai felt lonely, he would always go over. No matter what time of night it was because chanyeol was always there (but now he wouldn't be). 
 
He slipped in and almost felt over when he heard chanyeol whisper, "jongin?"
 
It was welcome to know his friend was there and he knew who it was. 
 
"Yeah."
 
The sheets rustled and chanyeol flicked on the lamp on his bedside table. It was suddenly bright and chanyeols face was tired and droopy and so was his but he didnt really mind. 
 
Chanyeol opened his arms and kai stepped into them, sharing his embrace that chased away his fears. Suddenly he was crying and his tears were streaming down his face, pooling on chanyeols shoulder because he just had so many damn regrets and, , chanyeol was leaving TODAY. 
 
"I'm sorry," he choked out and only then did he notice the dampness on his shirt and wish that they didnt have to cry. "I never told you but I love you. I guess I was scared."
 
Chanyeols grip tightened and they lay back against the sheets, just holding each other and wishing there was more time. 
 
He fell asleep shortly before dawn to the sound of chanyeols deep voice saying, "don't worry. We'll see each other soon."
 
And even if it was a lie, it still soothe his heart as he drifted off into oblivion. 
 
~~~
So yeah a cliffhanger. Truthfully idk what comes next. Love and marriage and a baby in a baby carriage? (Lol no) sorry that song came to mind. Don't kill me. 
I had to put more than one pic of kaiyeol cuz they're just a precious couple of derps. Its worth it. I sincerely hope this is the last you'll see of me tonight. Its 4am and I need sleep