Leisurely Smiles

An Experiment

 

Subaek:
 
The first time baekhyun saw him was when he was on counter duty. He didnt really like counter duty because it required a smile and remembering specific orders and he was only good at one of those things (his memory rather ). 
 
And while he flattered himself to have a decent smile, that day a customer came in with one that pretty much wiped away his personal compliments. 
 
Junmyeon had a beautiful smile. It was the first thing baekhyun had noticed about him and the first thing pretty much everyone else noticed about him. He came in through the door, bell ringing and baekhyun forced on his greeting-customers smile. 
 
Needless to say, it faded pretty quickly when his eyes met junmyeon who was comig in to get a latte during his lunch break. The older had his eyes crinkled and his lips quirked up and his brown hair all perfect over his forehead and baekhyun just about stopped breathing.  
 
It was hard to compete with that, especially when junmyeons lips parted and he said in a smooth voice, "I'd like a medium latte please."
 
Baekhyun would have said something really stupid if he didnt stop himself in he middle of opening his mouth. He closed it and typed something into the screen by touch. He probably got the order completely wrong on the computer but it technically wasnt his fault since it was junmyeon doing the distracting. 
 
"That'll be 4000won," was all he choked out, uncharacteristically timid. 
 
Junmyeon dug in his wallet and gave him 5000won and a smile. 
 
Baekhyun handed back his heart with the change. 
 
~~~
 
Whenever baekhyuns friends would want to , they would bring up he say he met junmyeon. 
 
His coworkers, those traitors, blabbed about the whole thing to his close acquaintances and the hell began. They thought it was the funniest thing since the flinstones started on television back when everything was in black and white because baekhyun was outgoing. Baekhyun was the most damn outgoing and fun, daredevil they knew and hearing about him reduced to a stuttering mess in the face of one man was just too humorous.
 
Thankfully, junmyeon never heard of it. Or at least if he did he had the decency to keep quiet about it and not embarrass baekhyun further by mentioning it. 
 
They did end up dating. It was junmyeon who asked, much to a flustered baekhyuns relief and their first date went well, though baekhyun got rather carried away talking nonstop about something they later found insignificant. He found that junmyeon brought out the inner doofus in him and he always felt like he did the wrong thing at the wrong time.
 
But maybe he didnt because after the third date, junmyeon kissed him before he went inside. It was sweet and slow and perfect and baekhyun felt it all the way down to his toes. 
 
Baekhyun was all nervous when junmyeon met his friends because hey were rather rowdy and invasive and they liked to blab all his personal secrets to anyone who would listen. There ended up being a fair amount of them revealing things he didnt want to remember, but junmyeon took it all in stride and smiled and laughed at baekhyun, while baekhyun hid his face in his napkin. 
 
They went on dates once a week, on the days both of them were free and baekhyun would always open his phone to find a quirky text his boyfriend had sent during his spare time. 
 
It was leisurely and it was perfect and baekhyun floated in a goo of wonderfulness and love. 
 
Because at the end of the day, he might still be working at a coffee shop and his life might still be ing annoying, but at the end of the day, he had junmyeons smile and he found that that was all that really mattered. 
 
---
I didnt know how I should end it so sorry that it ends weird. Yeah I was supposed to go to sleep but this started running through my mind so I had to write it