Suddenly More

An Experiment

Xiuhan

 
They were always the best of friends, inseparable and never seen without each other. Or they were, until luhan kissed him. 
 
Luhan was the star of the school soccer team and xiumin would go to every single on of the games just to cheer his best friend on. It was one of those tense, nail biting times that always got him riled up because his friend loved soccer and he hated to see him lose. 
 
The championship game happened near the end of the year, at their home field and xiumin watched his friend fretting about it for a whole week before the actual event. He did what he could to calm luhan down and when the day finally came, he was right there in the front row with baekhyun, cheering him on. 
 
They won 5-3 and xiumin probably screamed the loudest out of everyone (though he didnt really care because it was his best friend and he could do whatever the hell he wanted). And afterwards, luhan rushed over to him and xiumin hugged his friend, laughing. 
 
But what happened next wasnt typical and rather surprised xiumin. 
 
Luhan pulled out of his embrace, a smile on his lips and his eyes swimming with something xiumin couldnt place. 
 
And then luhan kissed him and he tensed up because this was not what he expected and why is his best friend even kissing him in the first place? But it made his heart skip and luhans lips were really soft against his. So he gave in and relaxed into the touch, a blush madly sweeping across his cheeks. 
 
Luhan pulled away and he was all blurry because his face was so close and all xiumin could hear was the rapid pounding of his own heart in his ears. 
 
Someone called luhans name then and luhan turned and left. Just like that. 
 
And xiumin stood there, confusion muddling his mind because he wasnt sure what he thought about his best friend anymore; because he might just like luhan a little more than just a friend. 
 
The weekend passed and xiumin spent his time holed up in his room, perfecting his end of the year essay. They were graduating in less than a week and final grades were being rushed in. 
 
He tried not to be disheartened at the fact that luhan didnt call him and instead made up excuses for why his friend-- his best friend-- didnt bother to talk to him. Especially because they normally would have late night conversations and luhan would crash at his house on Saturdays just because he could. 
 
Monday came and xiumins mind was still swimming because in his distracted state, he had been thinking about the kiss the whole while, his lips as if the touch were still there. He waited in homeroom, his head in his arms because he'd stayed up late, completely distracted while trying to complete and perfect his essay.
 
"Xiumin!" Luhans voice suddenly shouted and he was right there. Xiumin lifted his head from his arms and saw luhan, smiling as if nothing had changed. He sat in the seat in front of xiumin during homeroom and constantly bugged him until the bell rang. 
 
He wasnt sure whether to be relieved or disgruntled that luhan was acting no different than normal until luhan leaned forward and kissed him again, right in front of their homeroom. 
 
It was a short peck and luhan was still smiling when he pulled away, crossing his arms on xiumins desk. 
 
"Xiumin," luhan prompted. 
 
"Uh huh," he mumbled, staring listlessly at his friend. 
 
"Will you be my boyfriend?" Luhan asked. 
 
It felt weird, almost surreal. Like this wasnt actually happening and luhan wasnt actually asking if he wanted to be his BOYFRIEND. It was almost as if it had come out of nowhere. But then he realized that everything-- the hugs, the jokes, the reliance-- meant so much more than he thought they did. 
 
He nodded and when luhan kissed him again, his world imploded.