Dozing Off

Stuck in Love

- the time when Jiyong dozed off - 

 

Jiyong sighed as he sat at the very end of the lecture room. It was a Saturday that day, normally he would have still been happily drooling on his pillow sedated by a heavy sleep. But no, his professors just had to make them attend this Basic Life Support class and on a Saturday too! What luck?

 

Being a senior student at a nearby nursing school, the sleep deprived Jiyong slumped further down on his arm rest, prying desperately for his eyes to open and stay open. It was only around seven in the morning and he’s only half way to losing his consciousness.

 

Lately, Jiyong had found himself yawning more and staying focused on the discussions less and less.  But he wasn’t the only one though, his fellow classmates have the same problem as his, with all the paperwork and the damn thesis to make, sleep was never really an option for a nursing student. Especially not someone who’s as hardworking as Jiyong.

 

He wasn’t the smartest of the eggs in the class, but he got his way around the lectures and duties somehow, dodging bullets here and there. Managing to finish three and a half years of this was proof enough that he can make it. But at this very moment, Jiyong couldn’t even care anymore.

 

All he wanted was to go back to sleep. Because it was Saturday for crying out loud.

 

Just when his head was about to fall off the palm of his hand where it was resting, a giggle of silent squeals and hushed whispers broke him from his almost slumber.

 

A few chairs in front of him where his three female classmates, were huddled up together with their chairs facing each other to form a little circle of their own. They had wide smiles on their faces and it didn’t took a fool to notice that they were excited about something.

 

Curiosity got the best of him, of course.

 

“Hey Chae.” He called out to the girl closest to him. “What are you guys talking about?”

 

 Chaerin, who was wearing her bright brown hair in a tight bun, just like the rest of the girls, turned around towards Jiyong’s direction.

 

“Don’t you know?” She excitedly answered back, moving her chair closer to Jiyong, scotching her chair without standing up towards him.

 

“Know what?” A confused look was all he could give as Chaerin widened her already too wide smile.

 

“The previous class that went last week said that there’s this guy here, an instructor, named Seunghyun and they said that he was a total hotty.” She whispered loudly so that the other girls she was with could hear as well. And then cue in the squeals.

 

Ah, of course, a guy. Why did I even asked?

 

Jiyong scoffed at the new found knowledge and leaned back on his chair.

 

“I thought you guys were talking about the demonstration or something.” Jiyong laughed a little, causing the other three to laugh as well.

 

“Well, we are. Sort of.” Chaerin added, a laughed escaping from .

 

Jiyong just shook his head and smiled at the three before they went back to huddling and flailing in their little circle. But apparently, they weren’t the only ones thinking about this hottie of a guy. From left to right, Jiyong could see few of his female classmates with smiles on their faces, the same ones as the three.

 

This guy must be something, Jiyong though.

 

Despite the useless information, Jiyong couldn’t erase it from his mind, with nothing else to think off his mind just settled on this idea. But before he could venture on it further, a low yawn involuntarily escaped his mouth and his eyes turned blurry.

 

Sleep had finally won the battle. The last thought that was on his mind was an image of what this Seunghyun had looked before he slumped his head down on the armchair, arms folded underneath as a makeshift pillow.

 

Fifteen minutes of sleep wouldn’t hurt anybody, right? Yeah, right.

 

 

 

“Ehem.” a voice coughed out. It was a little groggy that Jiyong could tell it was a man.  It wasn’t an angry cough, it obviously had a little smirk in it somewhere Jiyong guessed.

 

He was sleeping for God’s sake, why would anybody do that?

 

Don’t they know that-

 

.

 

In a jerk Jiyong sat up straight as a stick, with eyes wide open, his heart beating too hard and too fast. His vision clearing up, he immediately spotted where that voice came from that woke him up. And it was a good view to be honest.

 

“Done sleeping?” A man said, a little mocking but clearly playing with him. Jiyong couldn’t care less though because the man was in his face, inches from him. Too close for Jiyong’s still palpitating heart.

 

A few giggles and muffled laughter brought Jiyong back to reality of his situation, from left to right his classmates all had their heads him with looks of amusement in their faces.

 

And Jiyong couldn’t do nothing but flush in the embarrassment.

 

“Sorry, Sir.” He muttered apologetically, peering up at the man in front of him. Jiyong didn’t really mean to make a scene, he was just sleepy that’s all.

 

“It’s alright.” The man smiled at him, butterflies in Jiyong’s stomach waking up as well.

 

“Everything okay back there, Seunghyun?” A woman at the front of the class said smiling. She had the same Red Cross uniform the man was wearing.

 

“Yeah!” The man, Seunghyun, said, finally standing up giving Jiyong room to breathe in.

 

Boy that was close, Jiyong thought. A few more seconds with the guy staring at him would have made him explode in his seat. Not that he didn’t mind though, the guy looked good, very good.

 

“It just seems we have a little someone who didn’t get enough sleep last night.” The guy merrily said, eyes still locked on Jiyong. Jiyong sat very still in his chair not daring to move an inch.

 

But the guy had other plans, he just casually positioned himself at the side of Jiyong’s chair, somewhat half seating on the arm rest, facing the front.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay right here to make sure he doesn’t doze off again.” The guy said, smirking.

 

Oh, Jiyong won’t definitely doze off again, that’s for sure.