Meow

Stuck in Love

- Defective cat -

 

“Cat, here. Come on. Come and eat your food.”

 

I just stared straight at the skinny boy who was trying to give me orders. Hopefully he can understand that my meowing did not meant that he could keep pestering me, it rather meant that I was this close to bolting it out of here and leaving him behind. This skinny kid should be thankful I wasn’t showing my claws at him. I was actually being nice here.

 

Who did he think he was? He’s not even my person yet for the last hour or so he has been trying desperately for me to follow him and do what he says. I couldn’t even lose him as I climbed one or two fences earlier. Even when I found shelter under this bush, he still found me. What an annoyingly persistent kid.

 

Meow! I am a cat, boy. I can do whatever I want. I can go out whenever I want, go wherever I want and there’s nothing you can do to stop me. My previous person couldn’t even stop me. Just like you he tried so hard to get my attention and it was just utterly annoying. Couldn’t stand living in that house, it’s like I couldn’t breathe. I swear one time that kid tried to cuddle me to death with his chubby arms. But not anymore. I run away. I am now a free cat. I can do all the things I want.  I can-

 

“Hey! That’s my cat!”

 

Oh no, he found me.

 

“What? Who are you?” The skinny boy who was trying to pet me and give me disgusting leftover food stood up in front of the oncoming enemy.  At least, I think he did. He’s a little on the short side.

 

Finally, my previous owner caught up with us obviously exhausted from the run he just did. Judging from the amount of air he was , the run was a little too much for him. As expected.

 

Meow. Good! Now you know what it feels like when I run away from your chubby hands!

 

“I said, that’s my cat. Give him back.” Even though he’s exhausted my person didn’t back down one bit. Going to be honest here, it feels kinda good that someone was protecting me. Even if it was this kid you tried to kill me with hugs. Just thinking about it gave me chills.

 

“He doesn’t have a collar on so he can’t be yours.” The skinny kid, crossed his arms and looked utterly smug after that statement as if winning the argument that hasn’t even begun yet.

 

Oh, this should be good.

 

“That’s because I haven’t got around to give him one yet. He ran away yesterday and I looked everywhere for him.”

 

Hmm, I wonder if I should stay a while and watch these two fight over me. Something to pass the time, I guess.

 

“I don’t believe you. Look at him!” The skinny kid pointed a skinny finger at me.

 

What did I do now?

 

“He’s just sitting there. He’s not even ackno- ack- accknowledggingg you.” I’m not even sure the skinny kid knew that word. I’m pretty here he just heard it somewhere and used it to look intimidating. I didn’t work though.

 

“That’s because he’s a stubborn cat. I tried everyday to get him to warm up to me and nothing worked.”

 

Oh no, I’m pretty sure those were tears starting to build up in the chubby kid’s eyes. I wasn’t that bad was I? I mean, I didn’t scratch him. I wanted to though, but I didn’t. , now I feel bad.

 

“Yeah.” The skinny kid stopped pretending now and lowered his arms, his shoulders slumped down in defeat. “I know how you feel.” He dropped the smug act too. Well, that escalated quickly. Like there was a connection made between the two.

 

Please tell me I’m not that connection.

 

“I tried to do the same but he wouldn’t budge.” The skinny kid continued. Okay, at this time they’re both giving me that puppy eyes look. How ironic.

 

“Maybe.. Maybe he’s defective.” The chubby kid concluded.

 

What?!

 

“Yeah, yeah. Maybe he is.” The skinny kid looked up at the chubby kid, a grin on his face. Sooner or later both of them were laughing. At me.

 

Meow! Okay. Okay, hold up here. I am not defective!

 

I stood up this time and looked back at both of them.

 

Meow! I am not defective! I am sensitive! If you both would just calm down a bit and be a bit gentler maybe I would have warmed up to you. Now, stop laughing at me!

 

Yet they wouldn’t stop.  

 

Oh for crying out loud, I should just go. Leave this two weirdo kids behind and be on my way. That’s what I should have done. But no, my body did something else and I couldn’t control it. it.

 

I moved and proceeded to rub myself first at the chubby kid. He was laughing too hard, I needed him to shut up. I then twirled around those chubby legs, using my tail to curl it up at him. That certainly did the trick. Both of them stared in awe at what I just did.

 

Meow. Yeah, you see that? I am not defective!  

 

“Hey. Look at that. He’s even purring! It’s so cute” The skinny kid said all too excitedly, squatting down so he could pet me and funny enough I let him.

 

Meow! Yeah, that’s right. Praise me, young ones.

 

“He is! He is!” the chubby kid squatted down too but failed a little and instead went roughly landing on his but he didn’t care. He reached out to me too and I went to him out of instinct.

 

Oh no, what in heaven’s name was happening to me?

 

“I can pet him now.” The chubby kid said in a whisper, probably not even realizing that he said it. He probably said it to himself too.

 

Fine. Maybe I was a little too harsh on the kid but in my defense he would really have cuddled me too death. I mean, look at those arms.

 

Another set of hands run down my back and I couldn’t help but purr. Oooh, I like that. Yep, I really do.

 

“Maybe..” The chubby kid was saying, I was only half listening at this time. Getting petted like this was too good.

 

“Maybe we can both have him. I don’t mind sharing him.” The chubby kid finished.

 

This time I did look up, the chubby kid was waiting for the skinny kid’s reply with hope in his eyes. A little too much hope.

 

“Sure!” It was all the skinny kid said before the chubby kid yelled in happiness.

 

“I’m Seunghyun by the way. I live five houses down from here.”

 

“And I’m Jiyong, there’s my house right there.” The skinny kid said pointing further down the street on the opposite.

 

Hmm, maybe that’s why I couldn’t lose him earlier or both of them rather. I was too close to their goddamn houses.

 

I didn’t complain anymore though because I was getting the best rub of my life, I just completely stopped listening too. I knew that they continued on talking about stuff but four little hands were petting and rubbing at me and it’s making me feel crazy. All I could do was lie there and take all the rubbing goodness.

 

Okay, maybe I can get used to this. Two persons? Two owners? I could barely stand both of them by themselves yet if they’re like this together I can probably tolerate that. Just please no more bone crashing cuddles and stinky leftover food!

 

Meow!