Welcome Home

Stuck in Love

 

- Jiyong and Seunghyun move in together for the first time - 

 

“I’m home.”

 

Seunghyun muttered the words, trying to get used to the fact of saying them out loud, now that there’s someone waiting for him on the other side of the door. Never really giving it much thought though until those words unconsciously came out of his mouth. It sounded weird and new but nonetheless, it made him smile. It reminded him of the person that needed to hear those words.

 

He entered the luxury of their two bedroom apartment can offer, which was not much. But it didn’t matter, the soon to be memories and happy times occupying the tight space however were. The two couple had just recently moved in together, just last night actually, and this crappy place used to be vacant and unoccupied.

 

But not anymore, it’s theirs.

 

And it’s no longer just a place, it’s home.

 

And it will no longer be crappy too, Jiyong will make sure of that.

 

What welcomed Seunghyun was something he wasn’t expecting from his tiring trip from work, which was nothing. Just the faint sounds of the television coming from the living room. Typical Jiyong. Chuckling, Seunghyun removed his shoes and proceeded to investigate where the hell his little blonde partner in crime was even though he’s positively sure where to find him.

 

Seunghyun made his way towards the expanse of the living room, dodging half empty cardboard boxes along the way. It was obvious that Jiyong got tired, or probably even lazy unpacking their stuff. And Seunghyun felt guilty for leaving the blonde to unpack by himself as he was called back to work to attend a sudden meeting. But nonetheless, Jiyong just shushed him out of the door, promising him that he’ll get things done by the time he gets back.

 

Well judging from the evidence of the unfinished unpacking, it looked like he’ll be able to help after all. Just not tonight though, tomorrow maybe. If Jiyong allows him that is. The last time he helped Jiyong assemble his newly brought assemble-it-yourself chair, they ended up returning it to the store to get it fixed properly. A day filled with both laughter and embarrassment but fun all around.

 

Turning towards the living room, Seunghyun spotted his partner in crime sprawled on his, not anymore, their couch which Seunghyun kindly donated from his previous place. With one foot still planted on the floor, Jiyong’s body shamelessly invaded the couch, frail arms laid lifeless on the brown leather. He looked tired, shirt dirtied from the unpacking and hair shrivelled from sleep.

 

He looked perfect.

 

Seunghyun’s chest clenched at the sight and it stayed like that until it was too much to bare. This was the best decision he had made so far in his life, if coming home every day would feel like this, then he wouldn’t mind the endless hours it’ll take for work to finish. Just as long as Jiyong’s waiting for him at home, asleep or not, that’ll be good enough.  

 

With a smile that had always made its way to the surface of his face whenever Jiyong was around, Seunghyun walked towards the tired man and gently laid on top of the other.

 

With this, it wasn’t a surprise to see Jiyong squirming from the sudden familiar weight that was added to his on the couch.

 

“Hyun…” That whiny voice made it out and Seunghyun couldn’t help but chuckle at the sound.

 

Finally, after a few attempts of pushing Seunghyun off him, Jiyong opened his eyes and looked up towards his better half’s black ones staring back at him. Eyes showing full of love and emotion that Jiyong couldn’t resist leaning up to get a kiss.

 

And of course, Seunghyun wasn’t that picky to say no to that.

 

“What time is it? How was the meeting? Have you eaten yet?” Jiyong asked out in one breathe that Seunghyun had to kiss him again to prevent another question from coming.

 

“7 o’clock. Boring and torturous. And no I haven’t.” Seunghyun replied, swooping down for another sweet kiss.

 

This time it was Jiyong’s time to chuckle at him.

 

“What happened to that ‘I promise to finish unpacking until you get home’, huh?” Seunghyun smirked, shifting his weight to the other side.

Like clockwork, Jiyong scooted to the other side as well. Now they’re both facing each other, lying sideways on the little couch.

 

“Got tired.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“Our first day living together and I’m already breaking promises. You sure it’s still a good idea?” Jiyong whispered, a hint of a playful tone mixed with his voice.

 

“Oh I can handle that, piece of cake.” Seunghyun shook his head, his arms circling Jiyong’s body pulling the younger one towards him. And within seconds smaller but firm finger’s s their way to wrap around him as well.

 

“Really?” Jiyong asked, raising one eyebrow.

 

“Yes.” Seunghyun answered too quickly, kissing that eyebrow back down. “Besides, it’s not the first time I’ve had to deal with your lazy .” Seunghyun snickered playfully smacking Jiyong’s cheek, making Jiyong weakly punch him on the shoulder in return.

 

“Hey! I’m not that lazy!” Jiyong pouted. “I agreed to live here, five stories up with no working elevator. That’s gotta be worth something.” Those pouty lips protruded themselves more, as if marking Seunghyun as their next target.

 

And Seunghyun would always fall for the trap.

 

“Thank you for that.” He whispered back instead, leaning forward to kiss those lips yet again.

 

“You should be.” Jiyong said, in between the kiss.

 

“I am.” Seunghyun honestly said.

 

“Oh, and Seunghyun?” Jiyong momentarily pulled back, watching Seunghyun’s face looking at him in return with the same love and affection he had shown him from the first time them got together.

 

“Welcome home.”