♣ ggaman | review

♣ modern times request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Destroy, Missing | ggaman

Title (2/5)

The title is grammatically correct, but I am unable to connect the story's title to the story itself. I don't understand how it relates to the plot. In my opinion, the plot seems to be about creating something, not destroying or having something missing. 

 

Appearance (5/5)

The poster is good, it has the main character (Sehoon), the title and all the other pieces. I like how the crane was added since it seems to be a symbol of wishes or possibilities. I would've suggested adding the EXO members, but it seems like the story will focus more on Sehoon rather than all the other characters you mentioned on the list.

 

Description/Foreword (8/15)

The description was quite interesting, especially the last sentence ("God give me a wrong creature"). Although there are grammatical errors in the description, the last phrase was pretty powerful as if Sehoon didn't think of this girl to be a human being, which made me wonder if he was a snob or was frightened of this girl. Personally, I would put the second part of the description (title, written by, starring, etc.) in the foreword. The first part of the description was a lot more interesting and captivating than the second part.

There's not much to say for the foreword, as they are used for author's notes. 

 

Plot (10/25)

Destroy, Missing focuses on the main character, Oh Sehoon, and his journey in completing making his wish comes true. 

Honestly, I can't really judge the plot. The five chapters hardly progress the story, and if it does, it progresses really slowly (which I'll explain more under the "Flow" section). From the first chapter, I am told of who Sehoon is and what kind of life he lives in (including the kinds of people he socialize with). Other than that, I only see Sehoon progressing very little to the plot. He needs to complete a dare, which is to make 1000 cranes, but he hasn't even made those cranes for the last five chapters. Therefore, he hasn't met the OC, and all he's been doing is hanging out with his friends.

In conclusion, the plot's pretty dull. Nothing much is happening, and the plot isn't moving forward.

 

Characters (5/15)

Since most of the characters didn't really show up or made an impact to the story's plot yet, I'll be focusing on Sehoon.

Oh Sehoon is the youngest among his 11 best friends (the EXO members). He's kingka, and he's happy with his life. Although he's kingka and popular among the ladies, he seems pretty ordinary and weak. From what I see, he seems socially weak and mentally weak, and he's dependent on his friends (like when he couldn't pay for the items he wanted or walking to school with his friends in the morning because he had nightmares at night). He's a pretty static character, but he's determined to complete his dare. That could've shown improvement in this character, but he decides to back down and ask Luhan to help him complete his dare. The plot hasn't progressed much, so I suppose that the character, too, can't progress any further.

 

Writing (Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation) (7/20)

There were a lot of grammatical errors,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter