Girl Meets Boy

Blind Date

 

Chapter 2: girl meets boy




After a few minutes they are ready to go. She doesn’t know many things about the boy that she will be dating. All she knows is that he is a son of her father’s business partner and a famous Korean superstar according to her mother.

On the car, she does the things that she usually does. She turns on her iPod and listens to it. On her playlist are her favourite songs, specifically the songs of one of her favourite performers. It is a Korean boy group. Amber is not a long time fan but she really loves listening to their songs, but among all the member of that boy group, one caught her attention. Actually, he is the reason why she started liking the group.

/Then Amber goes back on memory lane... *imagines*/

~From a time not so long ago, Hawaii~

“Amber, look at what you’ve done. Because of you we are having a hard time on getting a good place to sit. How am I supposed to watch them perform?” Nicole tells Amber irritably.

“What is so special about them anyway?” Amber asks showing no interest at all.

“What’s so special? Uh-oh! They are SHINee for God’s sake!” Nicole, with an unexplainable tone, As if torn between anger and amusement of what she has heard from her best friend. “They are the hottest boy group in Korea. And luckily out of nowhere they are here. It is not happening every day. We are lucky enough to be here too at the same time. And another thing, may I remind you I am a Korean, K-O-R-E-A-N.” Nicole continues.

Amber and Nicole were schoolmates. Their family were both immigrants in the United States but the difference between them is that she was born in America while Nicole isn’t. Nicole was born in Korea and stayed there for 3 years before migrating. And the fact that Amber is Taiwanese and Nicole is Korean. 

They are in Hawaii for a special research project conducted by their professors. When to their surprise a charity concert will be held there too.

*Amber’s thoughts*

“I am stuck here with Nicole, instead of researching, waiting for some Koreans to appear on stage and perform. Who are they anyway? I don’t even know their names. All I know is that my best friend Nicole keeps a picture of each of the members in her wallet. And because I am her best friend I have to accompany her here.”

*end*

Amber is almost asleep when the MC started talking.

“It is a very rare experience to have a very famous performer here. And for that I would like to thank all the people who are behind this charity event. So, to help you all heat up and risen your energy; let us all welcome on stage, awarded as Korea’s best new performing group, here is SHINee.” The crowd started to shout. The stage’s light went down and low. After a few seconds the music starts playing, and then a group of boys started to appear on stage. 

Baby
Negae banhae beorin naegae wae irae
Dureopdago mulleoseoji malgo
Geunyang naegae matgyeobwala eoddae
My lady

Ring ding dong
Ring ding dong
Ring diggy ding diggy
Ding ding ding (x2)

Ring ding dong
Ring ding dong
Ring diggy ding diggy
Ding ding ding (x2)




Amber didn’t move a bit. She is still not interested, but suddenly a voice makes all her senses wake up.

Butterfly!
Neoreul mannan chut sungan
Nooni beonjjeok meori stop
Belli ding dong oolleosseo


The voice makes her look at the stage and find the owner of it. And she didn’t fail, he saw a boy, a very beautiful boy. Yeah! The right term is beautiful. He is so over handsome. There is over flowing appeal and charisma on him. Every movement that he makes her excited and wait for the next. He is so great in Amber’s eyes.

Especially while singing those lines...

Then from then on she became a fan... an avid fan.


/Back to present/