My Heart Was in Each Word

Love Letters

Double update~ got to chapter 4 first.

----------

It was New Year's for both Xiumin and Yifan as they spend the last day of the year at Chen's home, having been invited the a party his parents were throwing. Of course both boys came together, but not before Yifan had made sure Xiumin was in every sweater and pants he could force on the smaller.

"Yifan I'm hot, why can't I take off some layers?" he whined tugging at the countless layers while giving the younger his famous pouty lip.

"You were with me when I was sick and you were just out in the cold."

"But--"

"I'm not risking getting you sick!"

Xiumin knew his health was not the greatest but it didn't mean he should feel like a portable heater. With a deep sigh the shorter walked uncomfortable away from Yifan's side and across the living room where Chen was talking to his crush Yixing.

"Hi Chen."

"Oh my god! Xiu why do you look so fat?" Chen almost busted out laughing while Yixing just simply rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Xiumin.

"Need so help there?"

"Yes please."

And without hesitate, Lay took a few step and removed about 3 sweaters from the others body, feeling himself become about twenty degrees cooler. Xiumin took the sweaters from his grasp and gave them to Chen to hang up, "Thanks."

For a moment it was just the two of them, silence washing over the two before Yixing decided to say something.

"So any plans for the new year?"

"Um... not really. What about you?"

There was a sudden blush that surface from Yixing's cheeks to his ears, only smiling before deciding to tell the other, leaning closer to his ear, "You promise not to tell?"

Even though they weren't close, Chen always told him that Xiumin was loyal and frankly he wanted to tell someone his new year resolution. But with a little fun of course.

"I may ask Kris out before we go back to school."

Xiumin nearly screamed when his jaw dropped almost to the floor. "You, you like Yifan?" his voice sounded like a shocked pre-teen girl.

Yixing only chuckled before patting the other's pack trying to gain back his attention, "I was just kidding! Relax! I really mean Chen."

Now at this point Xiumin just wanted to punch the guy for messing with him, his pout returning, "That wasn't funny."

"Oh yes it was. Now go with your friend so I can have Chen, it's almost midnight."

Before their was any sign of protest, Xiumin felt his arm being tugged away only watching Yixing smile as his figure became smaller and smaller. When he turned his head he saw Yifan was the one who grabbed him, looking down with a wide smile on his face, "Let's go outside. I hate crowded places."

"Aren't you already dragging me out there."

"Yes."

Xiumin couldn't help but laugh at Yifan's dumbness, it was cute. Shuffling through the crowds of people they made their way to the front door and out on Chen's porch; it had snowed recently so the fresh powder reflected the moonlight. Once in view, Yifan headed toward a wooden bench and they both sat down next to one another in a comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry I made you wear all those sweaters," Yifan broke the silence, speaking softly, "I just didn't want you to get sick like when we were little..."

A loud sigh left Xiumin's lips before he leaned closer to the tall beside him resting his head on Yifan's shoulder, "I'm not the little kid who forgets to take his medicine anymore remember?"

"Ha I know. I'm just being careful."

"I know."

Silence was welcome among them once again. Both staring into nothing, Yifan looked down to his watch for the time; I have ten minutes. So many thoughts ran threw his head, pointless on so many levels; should I go threw with this? What if he doesn't believe me? As his mind continued to repeat itself he hadn't notice Xiumin calling out his name until feeling a large shove from his right side.

"Yifan!"

"W-What?" he stuttered 

"I have been calling you for the last minute. Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah just fine I just zoned out for a minute."

"Well I just wanted to say I'm going inside... I'm cold."

It took Yifan to register the situation to realize Xiumin was leaving his side. Before he could moved any further Yifan tugged on the smaller's wrist and pulled him to his chest, earning a squeak from the latter.

"W-What are you doing?" Before anymore protest he found a pair of large hands bundling him inside Yifan's jacket and fingers intertwined together on his stomach.

"I'm going to keep you warm."

Xiumin's cheeks looked like ripe tomatoes having no idea what to do in this situation other than to try and break free but it was no use.

"I was just g-going to get a-a jacket."

"No..." Yifan then nuzzled his face in the crock of Xiumin's neck, just breathing in the sweet scents.

At this point Xiumin didn't know whether or not he was going to die of embarrassment or the fact that Yifan was tickling his neck. What the hell is happening?

"Xiu Xiu..."

"W-What?"

"If I tell you something, promise not to freak out and punch me?"

Xiumin turned his head slightly to me the other's gaze, "Okay I'm moody but I'm not violent okay! That was one time when I--" but he had no more time to speak as his breath was taken away, hands cupping his cheek and lips pressed firmly against his.

Yifan was kissing him.

Xiumin was in shock as their lips stayed pressed together wanting to separate but all those signs of refusal suddenly disappeared closing his eyes and wrapped his arms around Yifan's neck kissing him back.

They were in their own little world of heaven as everyone inside cheered on the new year as the clock struck twelve.

The kiss was long, moist, sweet, their lips fitting perfectly together as Yifan moved his hand to wrap around the smaller's waist. Nothing in advanced movements or sensual, just pure bliss as Yifan poured all his feelings into one move. Finally as their lungs screamed for oxygen, their lips parted. Xiumin was in a complete daze, his half lidded eyes looking down on the others pink lips wanting another taste. Yifan smiled, pecking the other's lips once more before he finally spoke.

"It was me."

Xiumin was still quiet out of it from the kiss only registering his words, "What was you?"

"I'm sent you those letters."

"I know that... I still have them in my--"

"Not those letters, Xiu."

"What do you mean--" Then suddenly things started to click and bring Xiumin out of his daze. Letters, how does he know about them? Has he seen me open them? Does Yifan who the writer is? But then the words he spoke moments before brought his jumbled up mind all together.

"You..", for some reason Xiumin wanted to cry. Not because he was angry but because his heart wouldn't stop racing at what Yifan might say, "...are W?"

All Yifan did was nod, his grip becoming tighter.

"Why?"

"Well my last name does start with that letter and I know I'm the only person who still writes instead of calls."

Instantly Xiumin's cheeks turned red; apparently he has been doing that a lot lately. His own arms were still around Yifan's neck and he could feel his fingers rubbing small soothing circles on his waist.

"No I mean... Why?"

"Because..." hesitating a bit before finding the courage to say those three words, " I love you. Always had."

"You what?"

"Ever since we were small... and they were just realized when you moved away from me."

Xiumin couldn't find the words to describe what he was feeling, not even able to speak a word as he felt his lips tremble and having to bring up a hand and wipe his tears away.

Yifan arched his neck and planted a kiss on the tip of the smaller's nose, looking straight into his eyes as he watched him sniffle.

"Do you love me?"

All that came out of Xiu's mouth was a loud sob, "Y-Yeah-h," and a barely audible.

Both grinned widely as Yifan stood up, hold Xiumin up as he peppered light kisses on his face to clean the tears away as small giggles replaced the sobs.

"I love you Xiumin... and Happy New Year."


A/N: OMG....FINALLY!! Honestly I really didn't want to drag and make fillers until the confession so boom. I feel like it should end here but I don't want to... not yet... I think it's time I had a little drama... just a bit but then I could say it and continue to make this fluffy!! lol Also do you guys want some y in the future or no?? I mean this story is good with either but yeah :) (or should I do a little small chapter on Chenlay ehh hehe??)

----------

Also...This story has reached over 100 subs omg I may cry!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! With that I am going to play a small game and the first person to comment and get it right will get a one-shot of their choosing:D

Okay you get three hints and you have to guess the debut that was my favorite of 2013:

1. He is a Rapper

2. Dead roses

3. You are so sweet. 

Now it's not suppose to be easy or hard but I hope it clicks :D