Prologue

Love Letters

"Do you really have to move away Xiu?" A young boy held onto the other much shorter than him with a tight grip.

"I'm sorry Yifan, don't be sad..." Xiumin couldn't help but hug the other since he was already squished into his chest.

"Xiu...Will you promise me something?" The taller boy pulled Xiumin out of his grasp, "We will wirte letters to each others ok?"

A wide grin came across his as he could feel himself crying, his hands coming up to his eye trying to rub the tears away. He was sad to move away from his friend but it's not like he can stay being the chubby 7 year old he is. For two small children even China and Korea seemed too far apart. His crying almost became hysterical, his words scattered by hiccups.

"O-Okay Yi-i-fan-n." 

A large hand ruffled his hair and hear a small chuckle, "Don't cry Baozi. I will write you everyday!"

"P-Promis-se?"

"Of course!"

----------

- 10 years later-

Xiumin made way to his seat, placing his books and bag on top of the wooden desk with a loud thud to sit down and reach out his latest read. Not moments after his peaceful reading was interrupted by annoyance of his friend Chen walking in and placing a arm around his neck.

"Hey Xiumin did you hear?" he said with a stupid smile on his face.

"What was I suppose to hear?" sighing quietly as he closed his book.

"There is a new transfer student from China."

"Oh really? And why would I care?"

All Chen could do was sigh loudly, moving away from the other as the bell rang and slouching in his seat next to the other.

"Because I think you might know him..." leaning his head back as his body stretched under his desk with a wink in his stare to Xiumin and then the front of the class as the homeroom teacher called for their attention.

"Huh?"

Xiumin was a little thrown off by Chen's remark but only to brush it off and return to his book. He knew only one person in China but they suddenly lost contact before he started his second year in high school. And that was six months ago. Sometimes he wondered if Yifan was okay since his letter came less often after each year, or maybe he just got tired of sending them. His mind was then cut lose from his train of thought as the teacher began to talk once again.

"Now I want you all to be friendly to our new student who has recently moved from China. He speaks Korean so do not worry about any language barrier."

The class began to mumble as she waved at the door for the new student to walk in. The boy, no... The man was tall, extremely tall with light golden hair the spiked up at the top. His arms were long and veins that traveled down to his large hands. If anything Xiumin found him attractive, really attractive especially with the smirk across his face. But their was something about him, something Xiumin could not figure out until the other finally spoke.

"My name is Wu Yifan but please, call me Kris."

Something inside Xiumin made his heart skip a beat and his eyes widen. That was Yifan... his Yifan in his school! So many questions ran threw his mind but one stuck out the most. Why on earth was he here? It didn't take long for Kris to notice the other staring at him with wide eyes as his own scanned the room. He to could only stare at his old friend. The teacher then excused him to take a seat and made his way to sit on the other side of Xiumin.

Honestly Xiumin didn't know what to do before he turned his gaze to the taller man sitting next to him with his chin in his palm and a wide smile.

"I knew there was a reason why you couldn't stop looking at me."

Xiumin could feel his face heating up from his voice his own eyes adverting away from the others gaze. It was so deep compared to when they were younger. Even if he was shocked, Xiumin was mentally doing back flips, too happy to see his childhood friend. 

"Hmm, I could recognize those cheeks anywhere...Xiumin."

----------

Author's note: So just a little intro to set the mood lol. The next chapter will be set three months after this so no one gets confused. :)

I am dumb for making another story but I have like no happy stories going on so like yeah T-T

Next chapter will be soon hopefully!