This Warm Feeling

Love Letters

Days went by as Xiumin continued on with class then proceed to his daily routine of going under his usual tree. thankfully remembering his lunch. Yifan went on to join the baketball which was no surprise but lately ever since his childhood friend came back into his life, he had hope it wouldn't still be lonely. Of course they had the same classes and walked to school everyday listening to whatever English music Xiumin had that morning.

But sometimes Xiumin would wonder off in his head of when him and Yifan were small, remembering one time racing down the street and falling which caused him to get bloody knees. He remembered how horrible Yifan felt for making the smaller race that he actually carried him in his back all they way home.

That happy memory on brought Xiumin's smile to fade as he quietly began to read, well that was until Chen's hand came slamming down on the ground and a grin that said he was up to no good.

"You. Me. Kris. Kyungsoo. Movies. Tonight." his words sounded excited with each passing of his tongue before crouching down to lay in the grass next to him.

"Why all of a sudden?" Xiumin questioned as he intertwined his fingers under his chin waiting for the answer.

"Because when was the last time we actually hung out together?"

Chen did have a point. Most of the time whenever they invited him out, Xiumin would just stay home and read. He hated sneaking into clubs and drinking but if it was the movies then it shouldn't be too bad.

"What is the catch?" This whole idea sounded nice but if it's coming from Chen it's most likely for his benefit.

"Well..."

"Nope." Quicker than a heartbeat Xiumin returned to his book, only to hear the sounds of chuckles above.

"Why not please??" Kyungsoo then softly kicked the soles of Xiumin's shoes but only ignoring the love taps.

"Lay said he would only go out with me if he could bring his friends! Kyungsoo and you buddy Kris are coming!"

Chen continued to whine at Xiumin for being cruel and un loving to his best friend. They both began to argue and question why each other was so annoying sending death glares at Kyungsoo who tried to settle them down.

"That is them not me! I'm not going be set up just so you can get in some guys pants!"

With those words Xiumin, got up from his tree, ignoring the worried stare from a silent giant behind Kyungsoo before storming off to go knows where to a frantic Chen calling out to him.

"Chen just drop it. Me and Kris are going so it's no big deal."

He only sighed at the other's remark, suddenly turning his gaze toward Kris, "You were his childhood friend no?"

Kris could only nod has he was still trying to take in the situation before him, his eyes never leaving the flustered Xiumin until he disappeared from his sight.

"Has he always been this isolated? I mean he hardly goes out!"

"Xiumin never had a personality for that when we were kids," Kris thought while rubbing the back of his neck, "at least how I remember.

That lunch period ended up in a heat bundle of annoyance as Xiumin found another quiet stop to clear his mind but only silent tears escaped his eye lids. Sometimes he wished he wasn't so dense, that going out with his friends wouldn't be such a bad idea. Xiumin could never understand himself as to why he had to be the fun er. Maybe he was just born that way.

Soon Xiumin was brought out of his crying state for a short moment, wiping away the tears from his sleeve as he reached for his vibrating phone to see it was a text from Yifan:

Are you okay?

Xiumin was a little confused at first but then realized Yifan had seen the whole ordeal with Chen.

To: Yifan

I'm fine:)

To: Xiu!

Are you sure?

A small grin curled onto his lips from the sight of the text, at least someone cared.

To: Yifan

I am. Sorry you had to see that.

To: Xiu!

You two bicker like old women.

And with that Xiumin didn't feel like crying anymore only laughing at his friend's stupid remarks. It seemed even after all these years Yifan knew how to cheer him up with a few words without knowing. 

The bell ran for lunch to end. Xiumin placed his phone back into his pocket and dusting himself from the cold ground, only to realize he left his book back at the tree.

----------

As students began to clear out the quad, Xiumin dashed through the students on course to his, yes his, oak tree. Hoping no one decided to pick it up his romance novel since the last thing he would want to explain as to why a man was reading a woman's book.

He eyes searched around the tree on the grass. All he needed was the sigh of a black cover to calm his worries but to no avail it was gone.

Another wave of emotion streamed through his body as the bell signaling he was late ran through his body, fist clenching at the his sides.His favorite book was now missing, his only hope now being one of his friends saw it when he stormed off.

Xiumin quietly made his way up to class,some students sparing him glances and a scowl from his teacher for coming in late but he didn't care. the one book he constantly read was gone. He had ran into Kyungsoo on the way in the hallway only to be told that none of them picked up, let alone saw it after the lunch dispute.

Nevertheless Xiumin aimlessly walked to his seat in the back of the class, ready to take a nap hoping this whole day was a dream, a really bad one. As he laid his down on his desk, Xiumin didn't care to see what was placed right in the middle of it until the smell of something old and used entered his nose.

What the hell? he thought, pulling his head away from a ruined nap and to be shown a black covered book with a red envelop with his name in his sight.

His eyes looked around the room to see anyone suspicious but no one looked out of the ordinary other that the few who were getting their naps in.

He held the book tightly to his chest, thinking he would have never seen it again. the red envelop still laid unopened on his desk. It looked like the same one he had gotten a few days ago when he got the bread.

Placing his book down, Xiumin reached for it, tearing it open slowly to read it's contents that made him blush a deep red

Dear Xiumin,

I saw the small event at lunch with you and Chen.

Your friends love you deeply.

Even if they are idiots.

When I saw you looking for your book, your eyes looked red.

Please don't cry, I hate seeing you so sad.

You left your book so I made sure to keep it safe not to worry.

I hope you don't mind I read a few pages.

Never would I guess to take you as a romance lover.

I like that about you.

-W 

 

----------

Author's Note: Holy cow I have no idea what this is!! It's like rainbow barf and techno omg xD did I mention writing this fluff is actually killing me?? TRUE STORY <3

comment, sub, do as you like cuz I love to read what you guys think! no hate plz cuz i already got some but helpful criticism is greatly appreciative :D

 

  ~see you in the next chapter!! /kisses

 

side note: everything i post is un-edited so like common mistakes or spelling let me know!