Unheard Confession

Love Letters

The school season was finally over, a few weeks of rest were needed but still like every student the workload slightly decreased, luckily for Xiumin he decided to spend the first few days cramming to get the work done so he could have as much free time as possible. 

But their was one thing he would miss; the red envelops that would lay on his desk. In total he had ten letter stashed away next to the ones he got from Yifan. Even what others would think were just meaningless pieces of paper, to Xiumin they had a special place in his heart. 

It made him thank god that there was someone out there who may just have a small crush on the baozi boy. Every morning he would wake up and read one of the letters, just to make sure what he read was real but of course his eyes would glance at the dozens of other letters Yifan sent to him over the years.

Speaking of Yifan, today they were suppose to meet up in the afternoon and spend some quality time together. He slowly crawled out from his bed, feet placed on the cool floor rubbing his face and glancing out his snow covered window.

" Great..." 

Despite it being Christmas, Xiumin found his home empty and the only festive decoration in the house were the lights surrounding the living room window. His parents were on a business trip but their plane was delayed on the night of Christmas Eve, thankfully they gave their son a call ahead in advance. But not it was snowing which meant their was no way he could go outside but his cell phone started to buzz from his desk. With a loud groan, walking over to the phone without looking at its caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hi Xiu honey~"

"Ms. Wu?"

"Oh please call me auntie! I'm not married anymore remember?"

"Right I'm sorry-"

"Xiu I need you to come over while I go visit some friends."

"But me and Yifan are suppose to-"

"That's the point only he had a high fever and I don't want to leave him alone."

"Oh my god! I'll be there soon!"

"Thank you so much dear! You should get there quick in case the snow gets thick."

"Yes ma'am!"

At first it was a surprise to receive such a call but once he heard that Yifan had fallen ill, all worried about himself flew right out the window and raced to get cleaned up. Grabbing on his warmest clothing, Xiumin walks to his kitchen to take his daily medicine before grabbing onto his shoes. He knows its dangerous for his health to go out in the cold but the last thing he wanted was to leave Yifan alone and it wasn't like he lived ten blocks away. With that thought Xiumin grabbed his keys and rushed to head out the door. What came falling from between the cracks was something he only saw at school, a red envelop with his name on it. His cheeks immediately turned three shades bright pink, picking up the letter to hold it tightly in his grasp. It was cold to the touch, possibly had been out here all night. He decided it would be best to save it for a better time and put the letter safe in his pocket.

 Once out in the cold Xiumin could feel his chest tighten up but that only made his steps quicker to his destination, deciding to stick the letter in his pocket and read it later on.

Just upon arriving, Yifan's mom send him a text stating the door was unlocked and that Yifan took some medicine and would be in his room. Like what the message had said, the door opened and Xiumin was greeted with a hug of warmth not hesitating to walk in since his breathing was already heavy. He threw off his coat and shoes but decided to keep his two sweaters on and slowly started to walk through the living room down the hallway. It hasn't been that long since he lasted visited but Xiumin never realized how homey he felt here even though it hasn't even been six month since Yifan moved to Korea.

Upon entering the hallway, strained coughs could be heard and in which led Xiumin to the room that harbored the owner of those coughs. He walked up to the door to raise his hands and knock slightly. At first their was no answer but a few moments later the sound of another flem-filled cough and a raspy voice called the smaller inside.

"Yifan?" Xiumin spoke quietly as he peeked his head through the made crack when opening the door. There in the corner of the room laid a lengthy body wrapped up in blankets shuffling upwards to eye who had come into his room.

"Xiumin... What are you doing here?"

"We were suppose to hangout later remember?"

"Oh...sorry."

It was hard to keep in a chuckle sense Xiumin never would of thought to see his best friend so sick.

"Your mom called me over to keep you company while she visited your relative."

"Tsk. That crazy woman." Yifan turned over in his bed facing the wall as another nasty cough echoed throughout the room, "You shouldn't be here, you know--"

Without even realizing Xiumin was already standing over the taller, smacking his back just slightly before hunching down to sit on the ground before the bed.

"I took my medicine and I'm here to take care of you."

"All I'm going to do is sleep, you should go home."

"No."

"Fine. If you...get bored...tv."

It sounded like whatever medicine he took was starting to take affect since his words became soft and then all one could hear was his breathing. Xiumin looked to see Yifan had fallen asleep. He turned away to where his back now faced the other and grabbed the remote that happened to be only a few inches away and putting on whatever channel caught his attention. 

After a few moments Xiumin allowed his face to blush thinking about how he if in Yifan's room, alone... yes he is sleeping but alone. It wasn't hard for the smaller to realize he had a strong connection to Yifan that turned more than feelings for just a friend. Frankly, he wasn't surprised it turned out this way, him falling in love with the perfect guy, his best friend who was good a everything since he was small, smart and not to mention handsome.

But Xiumin decided since Yifan wouldn't be up for another few hours that it wouldn't hurt to open the letter as he reached into his pocket;

Dear Xiumin,

I hope you don't think it's weird that you recieved this letter like this.

I'm not a stalker I swear.

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I hope your smile is even brighter when the new year comes.

I hope this makes you smile.

-W

 

A large smile was plastered on Xiumin's face, holding the single sheet of paper to his heart trying to hold back his giggles. He would had never thought that a single piece of paper with a few words could make all the butterflies in his stomach flutter like mad. And he would wish and believe every time it was Yifan who sent him these words of affection and care, but one can only dream so much.

But the smaller was unaware that he voiced his thoughts.

Unaware that a drowsy Chinese male laid behind him, his pale completion wide awake with a blushing grin upon his face.

What a Christmas for both boys.


A/N: Double update since I forgot to add this on Christmas day~ HEHE. I really don't know how long I want this to last but it won't end too soon. maybe a few more chapters we will see.