Chapter 6

Me and You

He decided to join the music company at the end of it because the terms were ok for him. I know that I wouldn’t be able to see him that often now. I know for sure that he will be focus in his training and that I’ll be lonely during this period of our lives. He was nice enough to send me text once a while asking me about my lives, but it just doesn’t feel the same anymore. I miss him sitting next to me while we talked endless about everything. I just miss him being next to me.

 

Months went by and you would find me sitting alone at that bench starring at the sunset. Months went by and we’re still chatting through the text. I felt the distance between us. I don’t felt that we’re as close as we used to be.  I kept in contact with him because after all, we’re still with each other and it would be rude to find another guy when I’m still with him. He called me one day asking to see me. I’m confuses with his request because I don’t understand what he’s trying to say. Like how I first met him, I obey his request.

 

We knew where we would meet each other. On that bench. At that park at 5. Just like how we used to. It was technically the first time I seen him in those months after his training days. He grow up so much that I hardly recognize him at all. He look more like a famous face and less of the boy I fallen for. The only thing that still remains unchanged is that gummy smile of his, the one that I grow to remember and love. I don’t remember his protruding cheekbone or that sharp chin. I don’t remember him being so perfect physically. I remember him having a perfect heart and soul that can only show love to the world around him. I guess time does change us all. It’s been months since I saw him, so logically, both of us would change too.

 

We both hugged each other like we never did before. It was really nice to feel the warmth of his body so close to me. I miss the scent of his shampoo. I guess that’s something that he hasn’t changed. I miss him so much that I was in tears seeing his face as I held it with my shaking hands. All he say was

“You can stop crying now. I’m here with you. All through the evening and I hope that the twilight sky will not serve as the warning for our departure. For this evening. Just for this evening”

“I wouldn’t leave you even if the winds are trying to separate us”.