Am I Strange?

Misguided Ghost

Chapter 9

Am I Strange?

 

 

 

 

Back in his room, they were both lying in his bed, with their front bodies facing the ceiling. She had her eyes open while he had his closed, letting out steady breaths.

 

His heart was racing, knowing that she was lying next to him and with the silence that was between them, he was sure that she could hear it beat loudly.

 

They haven’t spoken since they got back from the beach giving him time to his thoughts that has been troubling him for a while. Whenever he went back to the day he saw Hea Jung walking down on the streets to the moment he spotted her body in the forest, a tight squeeze was felt in his heart, making his body stiff for a moment, every single time.

 

He opened his eyes and turned around, facing her while she turned her head to see him staring back at her. He couldn’t help himself but stare at her eyes. That gaze that showed so much emotion letting himself fall into the depth of their color wishing for a miracle.

 

“What are you thinking about?”

 

The soft tone reached up to his ears, enjoying the way it made him relax. He gently smiled at her and scooted a little closer to her body, a part of him hoping that she could feel the small heat coming from him. “About you, Hea Jung-ah”

 

He saw her bite her bottom lip and turned around to face him having both of her hands right under her temple. “What about me?”

 

“When we went to see the psychic… she told me why we can communicate”

 

“Sorry I bailed on you on that day… It was becoming too much for me”

 

“It’s okay.” He smiled, reassuring her that he didn’t mind for leaving him alone, knowing that she was still adjusting to her state. “What did she say about us?”

 

“I don’t know if you remember but… we knew each other already”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Kindergarten.” Hearing this, she sat up, followed by Mir who was waiting to see how she would react. She had an empty gaze as she look in front of her trying to focus back on her childhood. Slowly, glimpses here and there were flashing through her mind, suddenly finding herself back in time.

 

 

A little girl playing by herself in the sandbox at a park while the weather wasn’t playing in her favor.

 

She was alone with nobody to look after her.

 

That was until a boy her age came to her, curious to see why she was sitting in that sandbox everyday. Sunny or on a rainy day, she was at the park, as if she was waiting for something and yet, nothing happened.

 

“Why are you alone?”

 

Sitting on the sand, she looked up to see the boy staring at her as he tilted his head to the side. Ignoring him, she looked back down, doodling on her little drawing while the boy sat next to her, watching her do her thing.

 

“Do you want me to play with you?”

 

She looked at him once again, a sudden flicker of hope flashing across her eyes. She didn’t say a word but simply nodded earning a grin from the boy.

 

Starting from there, that small light of hope kept growing every day she was spending with him, making her smile when he was around. Sure, she had a family but she still felt lonely. Her parents were barely around and she didn’t have any sibling to spend her time with, ending up alone, at home and at school.

 

That boy was her only getaway to happiness.

 

Unfortunately, every good thing must come to an end.

 

He wasn’t the one that left her, because she was the one that disappeared without a trace.

 

 

“You’re the boy, aren’t you?” She looked back at him, finally bringing back the missing pieces together. “The one that would always hang with me, the one from the park.” They were sitting on the bed facing each other with Hea Jung on the verge of crying. Bringing back those memories also brought the sense of nostalgia back into her heart, where she could still sense the way he was making her feel when they were together.

 

“I’m sorry for leaving you like this… I didn’t know that we were going to leave town for the city, my parents didn’t say anything to me”

 

The tears kept falling on her cheeks.

 

She never forgave herself for leaving without a proper goodbye. In all the people that came and left in her life he was the only consistent thing that she was tightly holding onto and she had to let it go. She looked down, not able to hold her gaze to him anymore, not because of her blurry vision but because the guilt was still there.

 

She felt him come closer to her, but still didn’t have the courage to look up until she heard what he was saying to her.

 

“Knowing that I fell for the same person three times, it just made me think that we were maybe meant to-”

 

“Don’t finish that sentence, please!” She shot her head back up with her eyes wide open, knowing exactly where he was going with this. But what caught her off guard was the fact that he just confessed to her, breaking her heart once again.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’m not going to make it… Don’t give yourself false hope”

 

This was the moment she needed comfort the most and she couldn’t get it. She wanted to be wrapped in his arms, being told that everything is going to be alright, but it just couldn’t be done.

 

“Hea Jung-ah... Am I strange?”

 

“What are you talking about?” She wiped her tears away, suddenly confused and curious by what he wanted to say.

 

“For falling in love with a ghost?”

 

His voice cracked and his heart squeezed.

 

Over and over again he fell for the same girl and this time there wasn’t any happy feeling present in the pit of his stomach, no butterflies, no nothing. There was simply a sense of longing for someone that was gone for far to long; someone that he couldn’t get back and it was hurting him.

 

“You’ll get better, okay? We’ll get through this, you just need to hold on, okay? Hold onto me.”

 

She could only nod, leaving her speechless by his words because she knew that he wouldn’t be able to hold his promise. Not because he didn’t want to anymore but because he couldn’t and there was nothing he could have done that could change this.

 

“I love you Cheolyong-ah”

 

He leaned closer to her and reached out to touch her cheek. He let his palm barely inches away from her skin as she looked at him and let herself feel the tiny heat that was coming from his hand, leaning a little bit closer towards his touch.

 

Close your eyes. Pretend you can feel my hand on your skin, that my touch gives you comfort. Just close your eyes…” She did as she was told, trying to feel his hand on her cheek. “Where were you all my life? Why didn’t I just runaway like I had planned?”

 

“What for?”

 

“I wanted to run back to you… I hated how my life changed so much and I just needed someone that wanted me and… You were that person.”

 

She opened her eyes to find him leaning closer to her face having his lips very closer to hers. She did the same and leaned closer to him, closing her eyes once again. He could feel something so close to him and a part of him was glad and yet, he couldn’t get to feel the kiss he wanted to give her so badly.

 

He wanted to save her and he wanted to do it now.

 

We’re meant to be. I know we are.

 

Their little moment was interrupter by the ringing sound of his phone. They slightly jumped at the sudden noise and slowly pulled back. Mir picked up his device and turned it off, not wanting to be interrupted.

 

“You should’ve answered, maybe its something important?”

 

“Then I’ll get grounded for not answering, no big deal”

 

They fell back into silence while Mir turned to his clock to look at the time. It was past midnight and he could suddenly feel himself getting tired as he let out a yawn. “You should go to sleep… You have a big day later, don’t you?”

 

He nods and lays back in bed, placing himself under the covers with Hea Jung following behind as she lays back down and looks at him.

 

“Sweet dreams Cheolyong-ah”

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

Green grass, bright sun, warm weather.

 

Looking around, he found himself standing in a familiar ground, staring straight at a sand box in the middle of the playground.

 

The place where he first met her.

 

Further away, he found her sitting in that same spot.

 

He made his way over there and sat next to her.

 

“Hea Jung-ah? What are you doing here?”

 

She looked at him and he saw the difference in the way she appeared to him. She seemed to have more colors in her cheeks, her hair seemed more vivid with the way they were flying with the wind, her smile seemed more happy. In overall, she seemed to have changed in a good way and it made his heart skip a beat.

 

“You’re beautiful…”

 

She giggled at his blunt words and thanked him for his compliment, letting her biggest smile appear across her lips. “You’re dreaming, you know that?”

 

“I wish I wasn’t though…”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because this seems better than reality…”

 

“I know, that’s why I chose this place”

 

 

He couldn’t help himself but smile at her.

 

All he knew was that he was dreaming about her.

 

Only that.

 

 

From her eyes, he looked down at her lips.

 

The moment was there and he seized it. He leaned closer and placed his hand on her cheek, bring her closer as he placed his lips on hers, giving her a soft kiss. She held onto him and responded to his gesture, letting him kiss her like he wanted to. He leaned forward until he found himself laying on the ground, hovering above her.

 

They pulled away from each other only to find themselves giggling at what just happened. With his back on the ground, she placed her had on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her, both of them looking up at the sky. He kissed the top of her head making her look up at him and placed another kiss on her lips. He backs away and gently her cheek, not getting enough of the sensation he was feeling by finally having what he wanted; having Hea Jung in his arms.

 

“It’s a dream, but it strangely feels so real…”

 

She didn’t say anything but avoided his gaze, something that he noticed.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, I just want to enjoy this moment… Before you wake up”

 

“Why are you worrying so much? We’ll have more of these, right?”

 

She didn’t answer him and he was getting worried. There was something off and it was bothering him. “Hea Jung-ah, what’s wrong? What aren’t you telling me?”

 

“Cheolyong-ah, promise me that you’ll live well, okay?”

 

“Wh-what are you talking about? You’re sounding like you’re telling me goodbye…”

 

“I love you so much, don’t ever forget that, okay?”

 

“Yah~ what are you saying?”

 

“Please, just say that you won’t ever forget me, okay? Please, I need you to say it to me”

 

He did like she told him and promised her that he’ll never forget her.

 

 

She leaned closer and gave him another deep kiss, making his mind go blank as he let himself fall into her touch.

 

He opened his eyes to find the sun blinding his view. He sits up and suddenly looks around him.

 

He was back in his bedroom with Hea Jung no where to be seen.

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

When you’re in a rush, you just do everything quickly, leaving everything behind, just so you can arrive at the point you were aiming.

 

You do everything you can to be right on time and not miss anything.

 

Because you don’t want to be late.

 

Or to be too late.

 

 

The people were rushing across the hallway of the hospital, ignoring the other patients and visitors so they could arrive at their aiming point.

 

“Quick! It’s the patient in room 201!”

 

 

Next: Dead Man Loving

 


A/N: soooooo ? 

What do you guys think so far? :D

There's only one chapter left and I'll try to upload it by the weekend *crossing fingers*

Let me know what you think, I'm really curious to see what you think will happen next :)

xo

 

Btw, the part that is in italic, not the flashback, but the part where Mir says: "Close your eyes [...]" This part is from Charmed, from the first season where Piper meets a ghost, the episode is called 'Dead Man Dating' I think?

Haha, I guess you firgured where I got my inspiration ;) (that and because of VD ^^)