Dead Man Loving

Misguided Ghost

Chapter 10

Dead Man Loving

 

 

 

A gloomy day with its perfect weather.

 

The grey sky, the cold temperature, the windy state of the city, all wrapped up under the heavy rain, hitting the people outside of their homes as they were walking down the streets on the slippery roads.

 

Further away from the city, two people were standing under the rain, letting their tears follow the motion of the raindrops staining their cheeks as they poured out their pain from losing someone they loved.

 

Standing in front of the place where she lays, the grief was growing with every second that was ticking, letting the realization sinking into their hearts, the pieces breaking one by one through every breath.

 

Guilt pushed through, making the old man fall on his knees not wanting to face the reality that he will never be able to see his little girl ever again. That same guilt let hate power through as he cried out, not able to ever forgive himself for letting her life slip by without having the chance to fix their broken relationship.

 

The younger one was as broken.

 

Waking from his dream, he ran out of his bedroom and went straight to the hospital praying that she wasn’t really gone; that she was only hiding somewhere and that she’ll be coming back soon.

 

Coming back to him.

 

But she never did.

 

 

His dream was her way of saying goodbye.

 

 

Once he reached up to her room, the tears quickly escaped from his eyes, completely shocked at his sight. Her heart has stopped beating and he could hear it from the monitor that let out a monotone sound as it echoed across the wall of the room. The doctor and nurses present let out an apologetic look at him once her condition was made official. Once they left him alone, he ran to her, violently shaking her body as he let his tears spill out down his cheeks and cried out her name, hoping that she would answer.

 

But she never did.

 

He dropped down on the floor, barely being able to hold it together. She was gone and there was nothing he could do. Broken promises and an empty heart, he felt like a part of him just died knowing that he’ll never get to see her again.

 

 

Now he was standing in front of her grave, still praying that all of this was only a nightmare and that once he’ll wake up, she’d be lying next to him.

 

But the pain felt to real to only be a dream. It was hurting every single muscle in his body making him numb.

 

He kept staring at the written words that were placed on her grave stone, whispering her name over and over again. He shut his eyes tight trying to figure out what he did in his past life that lead him to losing the girl that may have been the One.

 

I’m sorry for not keeping my promise, Hea Jung-ah…

 

A sudden puff of wind blew towards them, making the leaves fall from their branches reaching down the muddy ground. He looked up at the sky, letting the rain hit his face as it masked the tears that were still escaping his tired eyes.

 

Mir, can you do me a favor? Can you look out for my dad? Make sure he’s okay, please?

 

He opened his eyes and turned his head around but saw nothing. He knew that he wasn't imagining this; he knew that it was her voice that echoed in his mind.

 

Back with his eyes closed, he tried to see if whatever he was going to do was going to work out.

 

Why didn’t you take me with you?

 

Because I can’t

 

Why?

 

Because if you do, that means that you’ll have to die

 

Then so be it, I can’t be without you, don’t leave me alone, please

 

You’re not alone. I’m by your side. I’ll always be by your side looking out for you, like you did for me

 

I miss you

 

I miss you too, Cheolyong-ah

 

I love you

 

I love you too

 

He opened his eyes landing his gaze back on her gravestone.

 

The pain was still there and it was squeezing his heart so hard, he couldn’t stand anymore. He fell on his knees, sitting next to her father, both of them looking dead and empty inside.

 

“I couldn’t even get to apologize to her for running away… I didn’t even get the chance to say goodbye to my baby girl…”

 

Mir looked at her father, knowing the past history he had with his daughter.

 

“First my wife and now my daughter… It’s all my fault. I didn’t care enough when I should have. I let them down when I should have been supporting them”

 

Tell him to stay strong, please. Tell him that I love him… Tell him that mom misses him

 

He placed a hand on her father’s shoulder making him look at him. Just then, the rain seemed to have died down just a little bit. They both looked up to see that the rest of the members were standing behind them, all wearing suits and holding umbrellas above their heads. Mir smiled at them, thankful for their silent support.

 

Back on their feet, he looked back at the old man, telling him what he has been told just now.

 

“She would have wanted you to be happy”

 

“I don’t think I could do that, not after what I did and certainly not after losing them”

 

“Then do it for them. Do it for Hea Jung…”

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

It has only been a week and I’m still in pain.

 

I’m not used to being without you anymore. Hea Jung-ah, I miss you so much…

 

I’m not used to not having you around anymore. Everywhere I look I pray to see you, but you’re not there.

 

I don’t even know if you’re still with me, if you’re watching over me like you said you would.

 

 

When I sleep, I know that I’m dreaming about you because I catch myself smiling for a little every time I wake up, but I end up remembering that you’re still gone.

 

 

I should’ve run to you when I had the chance.

 

When I saw you walking down the streets, I should’ve walk up to you. Maybe if I did, none of this would have happened; you’d still be here with me.

 

I want to live well, like I promised to you but I can’t do it knowing that I won’t ever have the chance to be with you anymore.

 

The third time is a charm, that’s what people say. We met three times and yet I’m still without you.

 

Did we ever get a chance to be together in our past lives? Did we get punished for being happy together in our past lives? Why couldn’t we be together? Fate brought us together but decided to push us away and I want to know why.

 

 

 

Though I miss you, I hope you are doing well. I hope that the pain you were feeling is gone because I don’t think I could stand the idea of you being hurt even if you’re gone; I want you to be at peace and I hope you found that. I’m in pain here, for being without you, but I want you to be happy. I want to know that you’re are doing fine and that you’ll wait for me.

 

 

When am I going to see you again Hea Jung-ah? 

 

Because I’m counting down the days until I do. The only problem is... I don't know how much time there is left.

 

 

I don't know how long it's going to take before I can finally be with you, but knowing that you're here with me, I should be feeling better... Right?

 

 

x    x    x

 


A/N:

Here's the end :)

Please don't hate me for not giving Mir a happy ending >.<

Never the less, I hope you guys enjoyed it :)

 

Let me know what you think, pleasee *puppy eyes*

 

I'll be coming back with that Seungho sequel next ;)

 

xoxo

BLAQdreaMerinAQ