You Found Me

Misguided Ghost

Chapter 2

You Found Me

 

 

 

Despite the air that was blowing around, the warmth of the sun was strong enough to let the people bathe in it.

 

The light atmosphere was flowing through the small crowd of workers where members and staff were enjoying the cozy temperature despite being the season of autumn. With the heat of the sun came the colors of the leaves adding various shades over the pictures that were taken for a magazine. The models were playful and care free, attitude that affected the staff as the stress was gone with the wind.

 

Everything seemed to be going just fine.

 

Almost everything.

 

 

 

"Somebody call 911! Somebody call 911!"

 

The chirpy atmosphere suddenly turned gloomy when the screams of a young men made their heads look up to where he was coming from. They saw him running out of the forest completely scared and shocked at was his eyes has just seen. He finally reached the others and bent down as he tried to catch his breath from all the miles he just ran.

 

"Yah, Cheolyong-ah, what's going on?" He looked up at his oldest friend and could barely mutter words as only puff of airs were coming out of his mouth. Knowing that it was an urgent matter and that he wasn't going to recover soon, he simply grabbed onto the his leader and dragged him along with the others that were following him.

 

"Yah! Where are you taking me?!" He still hasn't said a word as he was holding onto the older one, running back into the forest to where he saw something that will change his life.

 

Only a mile away and he stopped, letting go and catching his breath.

 

He pointed to a direction as he looked as his friends. They both looked to where he was guiding his hand to see something out of place.

 

Something… weird.

 

"What's that?"

 

"A body."

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

The sound of sirens were echoing through the streets, catching everybody's attention from the cars to the sidewalk. In just a split second, the sound came and went leaving those same people anxious and curious about the urgency in the situation. A black van was hurriedly following the ambulance car on its way to the hospital, with the people being surrounded by anxiety, stress and mostly disbelief.

 

Especially for the younger one.

 

Mir.

 

A blank look was visible across his face, as he looked outside the window, not really paying attention to the road he was on. His mind was stuck at his discovery, replaying it over and over again until he could feel a knot in his stomach making him uncomfortable.

 

"H-Hyung… Stop the car."

 

His manager gave him a quick glance and did as he was told, pulling the car by the sidewalk. Just then, he quickly opened the door and fell on his knees, throwing up on the ground. The other members got out of the car, along with their manager, and went straight into comforting their youngest.

 

With his knees against the ground, he bent further, placing his fists to the sidewalk and closed his eyes, as he took several deep breaths. The images of a torn figure kept flashing in his mind making him jerk right back up to be caught in the arms of his friends. His chest was heaving up and down from the fear as he tried to distract himself with anything else but this.

 

"Yah~ Mir-ah, we have to keep going, are you going to be okay?"

 

"I think he needs to be checked just in case…"

 

They all agreed and carried him back inside the van, going back on the streets and straight to the hospital. A few minutes later and they made it into the building, walking straight to the reception. "How may I help you?"

 

Their manager stepped in, letting the receptionist know about the reasons they were present while the boys found seats in the waiting area. "She said that the girl is in surgery right now, and Mir, come with me, there's a nurse waiting for you to be checked out." He barely nods and gets up from the bench, making his way to where the lady was waiting for him, leaving the others agitated to the sudden change of his state that this situation has brought him.

 

"What do you think happened?"

 

They all turned around to see their second rapper of the group, Cheondung, looking worriedly towards the direction Mir went just a few seconds ago. "Well, from the way she got messed up, I guess it was something pretty bad…"

 

"But why? I mean she seems to be so young, maybe even Mir's age…"

 

"I don't know, but with the police investigation, we might find out soon…"

 

"You think she's going to make it?"

 

"I don't know Cheondung-ah, but let's pray that she does."

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

I was finally able to escape the ghost that was haunting me. I've never felt so relieved in my whole life.

 

I guess he gave up… unless he was waiting for me to be weak and attack me…

 

I had to find a better hiding place than a hospital. The people will start giving me weird looks as if I was someone suspicious or something and I don't need that at the moment. All I have to do is find someone who can help me get rid of that… ghost.

 

I'd be called a crazy person if I tell someone about this. Damn it… what do I do now?

 

I was walking down the hallway until I found myself in the waiting room. It wasn't to crowded which was a good thing and found a seat not to far from a small group of boys… They were familiar, really familiar. "Strange…" I shrugged my shoulders and looked around, not having something really catching my eyes. I was kind of bored actually.

 

I took another look at the boys and carefully analyzed each of their features. I didn't want to seem to creepy so I did my best to be discreet, which seemed to be working since none of them were really paying attention to me. A good thing I guess…  My eyes landed on the one that seemed to be the most shaken up about whatever was going on, as if he was traumatized about something that happened to him and it bothered me.

 

I don't know why, but I felt something strange about him… Couldn't determine if it was good or bad.

 

They suddenly all got up and looked into the same direction to see a doctor coming out of the ER, blood covering his white garment. "How is she?" I looked at the one who spoke and could see worry across his face as he took a step closer to the doctor. "It's all up to her now…"

 

"Wh-what do you mean?" It was the turn of the scared one… His voice was trembling making my feelings about him hurt me more. "She's pretty messed up… It's a surprise she's still alive after everything her body went through. Add to the broken bones and a fractured skull, she has three bullets all over he upper body, the closest one was next to her heart. An inch closer and she could've died right on the spot."

 

"So… she's alive? Is she going to make it?"

 

"It would be a miracle if she does… She's really weak at the moment and her body can shut down at any moment if it wasn't for the machines that are helping her breathing… Right now, it's all up to her. I'm sorry."

 

The doctor left as he was headed back inside leaving the boys on their own. My eyes went back to the one that was scared as he went back to his seat and ran his hands through his hair, completely defeated. "Cheolyong-ah… Do you want to go see her?" The boy lifted his head up and let his friends know that he'll join the others later.

 

As the group walked away, I got up from my seat and went to sit next to the one called Cheolyong while he had his face buried in his hands. "How are you feeling?" I barely whispered but my voice was loud enough for him to hear as he shot his head back up to look at me. His eyes were showing pain and it hurt my heart seeing him like this.

 

"Like …"

 

"I'm sorry"

 

"It's not your fault…"

 

"Why didn't you go with your friends?"

 

"I - I just need some more time…"

 

"Oh." I didn't really know how to respond to that so I simply let the silence answer for me.

 

I felt like I needed to comfort him… Strange, but true.

 

I was about to place my hand on his shoulder when he looked back at me. I got lost in his eyes for a moment, feeling as he was about to say something until someone interrupted us. We both looked towards where the voice was coming from to see one of the boys walking back towards us. "Mir, we have to leave soon so if you want to come inside, it's now…"

 

"Okay, I'm coming." He turned to me and showed me a little smile. It wasn't washing away the pain in his eyes, but I did appreciate watching the corner of his lips going up. I smiled back at him before he got up on his feet. I did the same to face him and wished him luck. He thanked me and walked away before giving me a last glance and disappeared into the room further down the hallway.

 

I let a sigh escape my lips and propped myself back on the seat and closing my eyes. I shot them back open, the curiosity picking on me. I got back up and walked down the hall, making my way into the room where the boy just went in. I looked through every window until I finally reached the last room and  turned around to face the entrance.

 

I looked at the plaque that was hanging next to the room number, wanting to know the name of the patient.

 

It took me a second to realize what I just read.

 

 

 

 

Next: Don't Be a Girl About It