Misguided Ghost

Misguided Ghost

Chapter 1

Misguided Ghost

 

 

 

The cold air was blowing the dead leaves around, making them fly in all the directions while I was simply lying on the muddy ground in the middle of the forest. I looked up at the sky enjoying the light blue color along with the sun that was shining through the brown and orange leaves of the trees that were surrounding me, as they fell on the ground, announcing the start of a new season.

 

The air didn't seem to cold nor to warm.

 

The rays of the sun, hitting my face didn't seem to warm up my visible skin.

 

It didn't really bother me at the moment since I was still trying to figure out how I got here in the first place; how I find myself in the middle of no where. I got up on my feet and dust it off the dirt off of my clothes. I looked around one more time and simply headed to a random direction, hoping that I would soon find the exit to this forest. As I kept on walking, I could see the start of a road from afar, giving me more hope of getting out.

 

I climbed up the small hill until I reached the empty streets and simply kept on walking.

 

I walked and walked and walked and yet, I didn't feel tired.

 

I kept marching on until I noticed the sudden change of colors in the sky. The day was already over and I was almost at the exit. From where I was standing I could see a few people here and there, randomly lying by the river, enjoying the beautiful sunset.

 

For some strange reason, I didn't feel like going back to my place just yet, so I stayed there, sitting on the ground as I watched the sun go down, its beauty reflected over the calm flows of the river. I could feel the wind puff out, as it made my hair dance with the air but I still couldn't tell if it was warm or cold.

 

I let myself drown in the rainbow of colors in front of me until the sun completely disappeared. I got back up on my feet and went back to my walk, making my way back home.

 

The streets were filled with people walking and laughing, shops still open as they greeted new customers and tall buildings still lit up, giving clarity across town. It was a lively atmosphere but I felt out of place… I don't know why. From left to right, I looked at the people walking by me, smiles on their faces as they were enjoying the night that was.

 

I tried to feel the warmth but I couldn't.

 

I let it go and simply went back on concentrating on the road, wanting to reach my apartment.

 

From waking up under the sun until I reached my building under the moon, my road was long and yet I couldn't feel anything.

 

No pain, no ache, nothing.

 

I wasn't even tired and I still couldn't understand why.

 

With a breath out of me, I let the thought go and stepped inside the building, walking straight pass the lobby and continuing on the back to climb up the stairs to reach the first floor. I made my way into the hallway until I finally reached my door.

 

I was about to place my hand on the knob when I felt something weird surrounding me, as if a puff of wind just blew in. I shook off the feeling but it wouldn't go away. I was stuck with something that was slowly creeping up my body, suddenly making me feel weak. Only then did I realize that my entrance was left open, barely leaving a crack between the wall and the door.

 

I was about to place my palm against the door only to have felt another puff of air blowing behind my back. By the way I turned around, I stumbled and fell, making me land barely inside my apartment.

 

I didn't feel the pain.

 

I didn't even hit the door so how am I inside?

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

I was running away back on the streets as I tried to get away from the man who wanted to take me away. I couldn't barely let his words sink into me when I felt panic and simply ran out on him, hoping that he wouldn't follow me. Just from his clothes, he was already giving me the creeps, but his voice and his words made it worse.

 

I needed to get out, to find a safe place…

 

But I had no where to go.

 

I suddenly stop in my tracks when I saw him standing further away in my direction, simply standing there and looking straight at me.

 

A simple neutral expression was seen across his face, something I couldn't decipher.

 

Nobody seemed to have noticed him as they simply walked by, completely ignoring his strong presence right in the middle of the sidewalk. But what shocked me the most was what I was seeing.

 

Right at that moment, someone just walked right through him, none of them even flinching at the contact!

 

"What the…"

 

It was as if the man was a ghost that nobody could… see.

 

But only me? Why?

 

"You'll have to come with me"

 

He spoke again but I just ran away, turning my back on him. I had to find a shelter, somewhere safe where he can't find me.

 

But where would I go?

 

In a world where I don't exist, where nobody knows me, where would I go for safety?

 

My life is depending on it and yet I can't think.

 

I just run. Running far away where he wouldn't be able to reach me.

 

 

 

Because once he catches me… I'm dead.

 

 

Next: You Found Me