Don't Be a Girl About It

Misguided Ghost

Chapter 3

Don't Be a Girl About it

 

 

 

"What were you doing back there? You looked like you were talking to yourself…" Mir looked at G.O with a quizzical look, not understanding what he meant when it was clear he was just talking to a girl a couple of seconds a go. "What are you talking about? I was talking with someone"

 

"No you weren't… There was nobody beside you."

 

"What do you mean? I was just talking to - her…" He turned around to point at his friend the girl he was talking to only to find the spot where he was sitting empty. The girl was already gone. He looked from left to right to try and find her but she wasn't anywhere. "I guess she just left… Weird…" he shrugged it off and went back to follow G.O to the hospital room, taking several deep breaths in the process.

 

Before entering the room, he took one last breath and walked in, taking slow steps towards the bed. Once he was standing close enough, he completely froze, his eyes opening wide. The others seemed to have noticed his sudden trance and called him out. He wasn't answering until he felt someone's hand on his shoulder making him jump at the sudden contact. He turned around and saw that G.O was the one standing behind him, having a worried look in his eyes. He turned his head to face the others and saw that they were looking at him the same way. "Are you alright?"

 

He doesn't answer but simply looks back at the girl that was lying on the bed, the beeping sounds of the machine echoing through. "Do we know her name?"

 

"The doctor said that it's Hea Jung… She's your age. But that's all. There's no other information so far." Looking at his manager, his eyes landed back on the girl, carefully examining her face. He mumbles some incoherent words, getting the others curious to know what he was saying, making himself repeat his sentence out loud. "She looks exactly like the girl I was talking to just a few seconds ago"

 

"What girl?"

 

"This girl at the waiting area… You guys didn't see her? She was there the whole time"

 

"Mir, I don't know what you're talking about…" He looks up at Seungho as he ruffled his hair, a little bit annoyed that his friends didn't know what he was talking about. "After you guys left, this girl came to talk to me and she looked exactly like the one here!"

 

"Well, maybe they're twins, what's the big deal?"

 

"Hmm, yea, maybe you're right…"

 

In a flash, he ran outside the room, as his movements were followed by the shout out of his name, to end up back in the waiting room hoping that she might have come back. She still wasn't there tough…

 

"I guess I'm seeing things now…"

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

"Hea… Jung?"

 

Wait, why is my name up there? Oh wait, it could be someone else I guess, hmm… I tilted my head to the side hoping to catch a good look from the girl that was lying on the bed, but her body was hidden from the boy I was talking to earlier. I gave up and turned around when I saw him standing a few feet away from me. "Damn it!"

 

Without a second thought, I ran the opposite way, distancing myself further away from him.

 

I don't how, but I found myself in the ladies restroom. The stalls were empty meaning that I was on my own which could be a good thing, I guess?

 

What do I do now? I'm really afraid to go out and get caught… I just can't. I feel like something bad is going to happen if he catches me.

 

Why is he even after me anyways?

 

I don't even know him…

 

I don't… do I?

 

I was walking in circles, running my hands through my hair when something caught my eyes. My back was facing the stalls while I was looking straight through the mirror, my vision landing straight at those same stalls.

 

"Is it really a mirror? Or a window?"

 

I was taking slow steps towards that when I heard the door open. I quickly turned my head to see a young woman walking in. She didn't seem to have noticed me, which didn't really bother me, but what was strange was the fact that I kept staring at her and she didn't even flinch. I turned my head to that mirror-window thingy and only saw… her.

 

Not me.

 

Just her.

 

"What the heck…"

 

I went to stand behind her to see if I can catch my reflection, but there was still nothing. And the woman didn't seem to even see me.

 

"Am I that invisible to people?!"

 

One second she was standing in front of me and the next she was… behind me, making her way out of the restroom. "Did she just go… through me?"

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

"Are you going to keep running away or have you finally decided to come with me?"

 

"No! Just - just give me more time, I'm not d-dead yet!"

 

"But you will be, that's why I'm here."

 

"NO! Please!"

 

 

I couldn't believe this… I'm a ghost…

 

I'm actually a ghost and my body is right here in this hospital.

 

And… I'm dying.

 

Then the morning I woke up at the forest, was that when it all started? But why?

 

I looked at the man, my emotions getting the better of me as I let my tears fall out of my eyes. But there was something bugging me. If I was a ghost then how come that boy could see me? And he was actually talking to me! I'm sure its all just a bad dream and I'll wake up in no time, I'm one hundred percent sure about this!

 

I have to go see him! That's what I'm going to do! Yes!

 

I looked around, trying to see where he could be since he wasn't in the room anymore but with my luck, it seems as if he has already left. Damn it. And that's when everything came rushing back to me, making me fall right on my knees. I pulled onto my hair, balancing my body front and back as I cried out my pain from suddenly being who I am now.

 

Invisible.

 

Nobody can see me, nor hear me.

 

My life is practically over and I haven't even started living it yet.

 

I can't even remember how I ended up like this in the first place, why am I like this if I haven't even done anything wrong?

 

"It's no use crying… You'll eventually accept your fate and move on."

 

I looked up at Death right in the eyes, anger flashing through mine as I got up on my feet. "I'm. not. DEAD! So just LEAVE ME ALONE!" I pushed him as hard as I could and ran away, once again. Tears kept falling on my cheeks as my feet were keeping me away from the Angel of Death.

 

There is no way in hell that I'm going on the other side with him…

 

I'm still on earth, which is a good sign, I'm just not on the same plane as the people around me.

 

I was back on the streets when that thought crossed my mind, looking around to see the people walking pass me. I could even feel some of them walking right through me.

 

I'm a ghost after all, aren't I?

 

 

x    x    x

 

 

The boys were back at the dorm after they were finally over with their schedule. This aside, it has been a pretty emotional day after their visit to the hospital. From all of them, Mir was still the one that hasn't come out of his phase. He tried his best to go back to his happy self but he couldn't do it as his mind kept pilling up images of the girl. From the body he found in the forest to the moment where he talked to her, to the moment he saw her lying on the hospital bed, unconscious.

 

Barely stepping inside his room, he grabbed his jacket, his car keys and walked out of the dorm, driving himself back to the hospital.

 

Once he parked his car, he ran inside and went straight to the girl's room, having only that one thought in mind the whole time. Standing in front of the closed door, he took a deep breath and opened it, quietly walking inside, closing the door behind him. He made his way to the bed and sat on the chair, carefully looking at her. He was so caught up in his own little world, the simple voice made him jump right out of his seat as he turned around to the figure that was standing behind him.

 

"Y-you?"

 

"I was wondering when you would come back…"

 

He was left speechless, letting his mouth hang wide open along with his eyes looking back at the girl, totally left in shock. She was walking towards him while he was taking his steps backwards until he lightly bumped into the edge of the bed, making him turn around from front to back to find the girl standing right in front of him.

 

Fear was slowly creeping up his system but once he saw the look in her eyes, something else was tugging at his heart, as if she was desperate for something. "Can you really see me?" He was startled by her question but simply shakes his head to confirm to her thoughts. "Can you… touch me?"

 

"Wh-what?"

 

"I meant… just walk through me, please." He did what she asked for making him send chills down his spine as  he felt himself walk through her ghostly body. The moment he did, she felt something aching in her heart which also made the beeping of the machine skip a beat, attracting both of their attention. "I guess I'm really a ghost…"

 

"A g-ghost?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Oh God." The next thing she saw was the boy lying on the floor. "He actually fainted? Really?! What do I do now?" She was hoping that someone might have heard the noise but seeing that the door closed, she lets out a puff and simply walks out, but soon got interrupted half way through when the door opened to reveal four other men. "Cheolyong-ah!" Seungho was the first one to spot him, quickly running towards him and picking him up as he asked the others to call a doctor.

 

In just a few short minutes, the doctor appeared with a nurse by his side and dragged the boys to another room, taking a closer look to the boy that fainted, leaving the ghost alone in her room. "Why is he the only one that can see me?"

 

Giving up her isolation, she followed the small group and saw the doctor working his magic as she was walking closer until she was standing in front of the bed, looking at the boy. "Is he going to be okay?" The question was asked as she turned her head to face the doctor. "Yes, he just fainted that's all, nothing serious. He'll wake up in a few."

 

With the doctor gone, along with the nurse, the four boys found some random spot around the room while they were waiting for their friend to wake up while she, on the other hand, hasn't moved. She walked around the bed and stood next to him, leaning over close enough to have her face against his. She took in his features, until her eyes landed on his lips. She leaned an inch closer, wanting to feel them against hers but at that moment, he opened his eyes and jerked his body right back up, making the heart monitor beep uncontrollably loud, making the other boys look up at him.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She backs away from him while he was still looking at her, completely scared out of his mind. It took him a second before realizing where he was when he heard Seungho's voice calling out to him. "Yah! Mir-ah! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

 

"Gh-ghost"

 

"What?"

 

"Ghost!" He was pointing towards the girl that was looking back at him with an annoyed look across her face as she placed her arms across her chest. "You don't need to be a girl about it!"

 

"What ghost are you talking about? There's nothing here!" He looked back at his friends while they were still confused about his sudden outburst, not clear on what was going on through his mind. "The g-girl… she's h-here."

 

 

 

Next: Lonely