Chapter 7: Unexpected thing

Sun in The Sky

Author’s POV

 

Chaerin is busy preparing herself for the exams. She’ll have a dance and vocal exams. The thing is she couldn’t find the right outfit to wear for the dance exam. She has been looking and messing her wardrobe but she doesn’t seem like finding the right one. “May I should just shop some new outfits.” She called the girls to go out and shop together.

 

Dara : “Sorry pudong-ah~ I have to practice my act with Ji-yong! He’s helping me with it!”

Bom: “Shopping?? But I have my piano and flute practice today T^T!”

Minji: “Urgh~ I’m practicing my dance with the twins (Don and Deuk), eonni. Sorryyyy~”

 

“......do I really have to shop alone?” she let out a sigh.

 

- - -

 

Chaerin went to a Chrome Heart store alone. Even though she’s alone but she kind of enjoying her time. At least she doesn’t hear Bom’s yell anywhere near here. She found some cool outfits and she didn’t even realize that the time has passed quickly. She spent  1 and a half hour at the store and that make her quiet hungry since she didn’t have her breakfast this morning.

 

“Geez, I should have my breakfast first. My tummy growls like crazy!” she mumbled.

 

She paid all of her stuffs and walk out of the store. “Huh? W-what is this?” she startled because some guy block her way and one of them grab her arm. “What the heck?! Don’t touch me!” she said. She doesn’t feel good about what happen next when she recognize that those people are BEAST members. “I’m sorry, Chaerin-ssi, but your guy is waiting for you.” The Doojoon named guy point to a car and someone get out from the car. “J-junhyung?” Chaerin prepared herself to kick him on the face when he come closer.

 

But she can’t. Her heart skips a beat as old memories came back again.

She remembered some sweet memories.

She remembered that she ever loved him.

She remembered how her heart broke after she knew the truth.

 

“How’s my girl doin’?” Junhyung gave her a smirk then he told his friends to leave him and Chaerin alone. “How did you know that i’m here?” Chaerin asked in a cold tone. “Easy, I followed you of course.” He shrug, “So now you become a stalker, huh? I have no intention to talk to you.” She said as tighten her grip to her shopping bag. “I have no intention to meet you anyway.” She said. Junhung let out a chuckle and look at her.

 

“We have an unfinished business, babe.”

“Don’t you ‘babe’ me! As long as I remember, we’re done for good.”

“Nah, I’m not done yet with you.”

 

Junhyung pull her to his car and made Chaerin’s stuffs fall on the ground. His grip was too tight and she felt it hurt on her wrist. “Where the heck are you taking me?!” Chaerin secretly took out her phone and press the call button. She doesn’t care who’s on the other line she was hoping that it’s one of the girls. She whisper to her phone “Chrome Heart store! Help!”. Junhyung who was just get in the car just sit beside her. “We’re not going anywhere.” Junhyung lean closer and hold her as he trying to kiss her. Chaerin refuses and scream as she was seeing someone who’s trying to kidnap her or doing bad things to her. “Let go of me!!”she tries to kick him but Junhyung is much stronger. “Are you still untouchable, Chae?” he smirk and lean even closer. “You—! Akh! Let go!!” Chaerin fights back when Junhyung manage to bite her ear.

 

She push Junhyung with all her might. Junhyung’s back head hit the window and Chaerin manage to get out of the car as she start running away. But again, Junhyung catch her and pull her to an alley and keep trying to control her. “Enough! Yong Junhyung!” Chaerin screams again when Junhyung hold both of her hands with his left hand at once tightly.

 

‘This is not him.. or I was just too blind and I didn’t know the real side of him?’

‘I.. was so stupid and trapped by his sweet words.’

‘He didn’t love me, he just wanted me.. Trying to use me.’

 

 

She gave up the minute Junhyung managae to kissed her.

 

But she can’t felt anything about the kiss but fear, pain and revenge. It was just a game for Junhyung and he doesn’t want to lose any of his toys. Chaerin was one of his toys, the only untouchable and unpredictable one. “You like it, Chae?” he smirks. “NO!! Let the hell go of me!!” she kick Junhyung’s leg and he scream in pain. “S—t, you pay for it!” Junhyung tries to kiss her again when someone punch him hard from beside.

 

Chaerin startled and she saw the one who punched Junhyung.

 

It was..

 

o-o-o

 

Youngbae’s POV

 

D-2! D-2 to the exam day! Why am I being nervous like this? Ugh, maybe it’s nothing. Maybe.. I’m just worried about the battle event. Yeah, like will I and the boys will be chose to compete against the Cube United. But, who knows? People who got the high scores on the exams will be chosen. So? I’m just practicing my moves for the exam. Outfit? No need to worry, Ji-yong will take care of it for me. As expected from my hommie.

 

Ah, it’s time for my gym already?

 

I’m a regular in Hwangssabu’s gym. He’s a great trainer! Proof? There is something behind my t-shirt that will be a strong proof about Hwangssabu’s training. No one ever saw it except Hwangssabu and the boys. I guess, I better get going since Hwangssabu doesn’t like someone who is not on time.

 

[@ Hwangssabu’s gym centre]

 

It’s been an hourand I’m done with my excercise. I already changed my clothes and prepared to get back home when Hwangssabu said that he’s going to buy me some food. Whoa, what’s with him? Usually I’m the one who buy him food. Well, maybe it’s just a lucky day for me? Unexpected things sure are surprising!

 

“Yo! Youngbae! Here’s your food!” Hwangssabu came with two plates of bulgogi. “Whoaaah! Hwangssabu-nim! Are you seriously giving me this?” both of us laughed in joy. I’m just about to eat when my phone rang. The caller ID show Chaerin’s name. “Huh?” I picked up the phone, “What’s up—?”

 

“Chrome Heart store! Help!” she said but more like whispering.

 

“Help? Hello? Chaerin?” I tried to talk to her but it soounds like she’s with someone else. Her tone is not easy, I mean, she looks like pissed or irritated. But why help? “Youngbae? Who’s Chaerin?” Hwangssabu asked me while eating his dish. “Huh? Oh.. She’s my girl friend.” I said. *hard cough* “W-what?!” Hwangssabu choked a bit, “You got yourself a girl? Whoah! So you’re not that nervous with girls anymore? Ohh~ good!” Hwangssabu laughed. “W-what? No! I mean.. she’s a girl and she is my friend!” I explained but I keep listening to Chaerin’s conversation on the other line. She doesn’t even hang up the phone.

 

Eh? She screamed? She’s in trouble.. I keep listening to the phone and listen carefully.

 

She definitely screamed! Where is she?! Chrome Heart store? It’s just around the corner! I better go there fast. “Excuse me I think I need to go first and.. Um, I’m sorry about the food.” I said and bow to Hwangssabu and run to where Chaerin is.

 

Is she.. in a big trouble? Why is she screaming? And who is that guy whom I heard on the phone?

 

Right, just take a right turn and I’ll be there!

 

Huh? Why isn’t she here? I’m in front of the store but I can’t see her. Is she playing jokes on me? This is seriously not funny. “You—! Akh! Let go!!” someone screamed. Isn’t that Chaerin’s voice? It’s.. It’s her! She came out from a car running. “Ch—!” wait who’s that guy following her? Better follow them! They’re heading to an alley. I walk slowly and trying not to make any sound. There it goes again! Chaerin’s scream. Damn, what the heck is going on?

 

I decided to take a peek into the alley when I saw.. the.. kissed. Kissed?!

No one do that to Chaerin. Who the heck is that guy?! Without any warning, I punch that guy the time when he tried to kiss Chaerin again. I know Chaerin doesn’t want the kiss. She has been screaming all along.

 

“Don’t you dare to touch her!” I said as I take Chaerin and hide her behind my back.

 

That guy seems familiar. He stands up again after I punched him. He rub his edge of lips which was bleeding. I punched him quiet hard, eh? “Who the heck do you think you are?! I have business with my girlfriend!” he tried to take Chaerin’s hand behind my back but I pushed him hard. “No one mess with her.” Wait, I realized that he’s the guy from that Cube United.. the boy group, what is it?

 

“Back off!” he said and he tried to punch me but I’m faster and I hold his fist then punch him again until he fall back to the ground. I can feel that Chaerin is holding my shirt tightly. “You... Tch, i’ll let you go for now. And Chaerin,” he points to Chaerin which make her startled. “We’re not done yet!” he push me and get gloser to Chaerin, wanted to take her hand and take her away. But Chaerin fights back. She kick his leg and slap him.

 

“Who do you think you are doing this to me?! We’re done for good!” she said.

That guy just smirk at her, “We’re done for now..” he left rubbing his slapped cheek.

 

I come closer to Chaerin, “A-are you okay? Did he hurt you?” I asked her. She answer with a shook and nod. She’s not okay and that guy did hurt her. “Where did he hurt you?” I asked again but she didn’t answer. “Chaerin?” I called her name and she suddenly hug me. “Take me home..” she said. “Alright, I’ll take you home.” I said.

 

o-o-o

 

Author’s POV

 

Chaerin begged Youngbae to stay for a while at the apartement. The girls are out since they’re busy practicing for the exam. Youngbae said okay because he thinks that Chaerin still got shock from what happened earlier. One thing he can’t get rid from his mind is when he saw that guy kissed Chaerin. He felt weird.. He felt angry, he doesn’t even know why.

 

“Emm, had your lunch yet?” Chaerin asked.

“Uh.. No, actually.” Youngbae said. He left his lunch for Chaerin just now.

“Let’s eat then..” she said and serves the lunch on the dining table.

 

They remembered that night when they had dinner together with the boys and girls. The night when they start thinking of each other because of they acted as couple. But this time is different. Both of them turned silent and no one even try to break the ice. After they finished the lunch, Youngbae keep watching Chaerin when she washed the dish.

 

“So tell me, who was that guy.” He said.

 

Chaerin stop washing. She continue again as if she didn’t hear Youngbae. Youngbae stops Chaerin and he was surprised when he saw Chaerin’s teary eyes. “C-Chaerin..” he stuttered. Chaerin washed her hand and she sit on the sofa. Lay her head back down. Youngbae sits beside her. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked..” he said. Chaerin sighed, “It’s okay..”

 

“No, Chaerin, You’re not okay.”

“So what? What about i’m being not okay?” she said and look at Youngbae. Their eyes met again.

“I.. I need to know what happened with you and that guy so I can help you, Chae..”

*sighed* “Fine..” she replied.

 

Chaerin explain from the very beginning. She sounds really frustrated and she looks like that she really doesn’t want to meet that guy at all. Youngbae remember him now, he was Junhyung. “So, that Junhyung guy cheated on you?!” he said and he even feel pissed hearing Chaerin’s explanation. “Why did you let him kissed you?” he asked. “I didn’t let him! No matter how hard I tried to fight back.. he’s stronger than me.” She said as she rub her lips roughly. “Whoah, easy girl.. it’s not your fault.” He said.

 

“But I want to get rid of his kiss!” she rub it again.

“But it won’t work if you do it like that!” Youngbae hold her hands.

“Then what should I do.. It feels like burning.”

“That’s because you rub it too hard!” Youngbae scold her.

 

Both of them turn silent. Youngbae still hold Chaerin’s hands. They look at each other again. Their eyes met again. Chaerin suddenly thought of something. Something that would make her go even crazier but it’s better than feeling Junhyung’s kiss. “Bae..” she said. “Hmm?”

 

Their eyes locked.

 

“Would you..” her line was cut when she realize that Youngbae is moving closer. “Y-youngbae..” Chaerin felt nervous. ‘Is he.. thinking what I’m thinking?’ she said in her own thought. “I’ll take that kiss.” Youngbae said.

 

 

*dugeun dugeun*

 

Their face are just inches apart.

 

*dugeun dugeun*

 

Now their lips.. not even 2 inches apart..

 

*dugeun dugeun*

 

 

Both of their eyes closed as their lips met and locked each other. They’re not even trying to broke the kiss. Chaerin felt a weird feeling in her heart and she felt warmth and sincere from the kiss. As for Youngbae, he can’t think of anything else but Chaerin. Their heart races as the deppen the kiss.

 

‘Am I going too far? But.. I don’t want to let go..’

‘Are they right about me? That I fall for her.. I.. don’t want to let go..’

 

Then Youngbae broke the kiss slowly. He looked into Chaerin’s eyes. He’s trying to convince his heart of what he feels. Chaerin do the same. “Chae..” “Bae..”

 

Youngbae then move closer again and cupped Chaerin’s face. Chaerin could only look into Youngbae’s eyes. Their heartbeat are beating faster and faster. Youngbae lean closer, and Chaerin knows what will happen next. She closed her eyes as she feels Youngbae pecks her lips softly.

 

“I think I fall for you..” Youngbae said as he kiss Chaerin’s lips again.

 

Chaerin’s heart beats faster. She kiss Youngbae back and both of them don’t want to let go again.

 

‘I think I fall for you too..’

 

 

Unexpected things are sure surprising. What if it’s love?