Chapter 3: Doubts and Denials

Sun in The Sky

“Good morning, Chaerin.” Someone greets her in fron of the front gate. “Oh! Good morning. What are you doing here? Aren’t you going inside, Youngbae?” “Oh, yeah.. I was waiting for Jiyong but maybe he’ll come a little bit late. He always has to choose his outfits perfectly!” he said. “Of course! Fashion is number one!” Chaerin agrees. “What? Then.. what about last night outfits you wore?” Youngbae gives her a smirk and Chaerin pouts, “It’s the HOME DINNER outfits~” the she stick out her tongue and start to walk, “Err... Are you coming then?” she asked, “Oh.. yeah..” Youngbae just follows her from behind. Watching every single steps she made.

 

(thump thump thump..)

 

Chaerin tries to control her heartbeats. ‘What is wrong with me? It’s not like he’s going to give another kiss like last night. IT WAS JOKE!’ she tries to convince her heart. But it won’t listen.

 

(thump thump thump..)

 

Youngbae feels something wrong with his heart. It keep beating fast. ‘Is it because of last night? No.. no way. It was just a joke.. wasn’t it?’ Youngbae shakes his head slightly and walks beside Chaerin.

 

“Hey.. Err.. I’m still feeling a little bit uneasy because what I did to you last night. I mean, we just knew each other and it was somewhat bold moves I have ever done! So.. I’m sorry. Maybe it made you feel uneasy too, huh?” Youngbae blurts out while stopping both of them to walk any further. “W-well.. I didn’t expeted that you did that.. But, you said it’s just a joke right? Just to tease other couples..” i guess, she said. Youngbae looks away and sighs, “It wasn’t me, I wasn’t being me in that time. I’m not.. I mean, I..” he stutters but Chaerin shakes her head. “It’s okay. I know you’re actually kind of shy or even feeling not comfortable with girls around you. Dara eonni told me and as you saw last night, me too.. I mean towards boys but sometimes I just hide it.” Then both of them turn quiet.

 

“Do you feel uncomfortable with me?” Chaerin asked which makes Youngbae startled a little. He didn’t think that she would ask that because that’s not what he meant! “W-what? I—”

 

HOPS

 

Someone slide’s his hand to Youngbae’s shoulder and Chaerin’s. “Hyung! Chaerin! Why are you standing here like statues? Let’s go inside!” “Ugh.. Maknae, you came in the wrong time.” Youngbae sighs. Chaerin and Seungri frowns, “Wrong time? What do you mean by that, hyung?” Youngbae didn’t answer. Seungri’s eyes suddenly get widen, “YOU’RE GOING TO CONFESS?! HYUNG!!” he screamd and Youngbae gave him a sudden head lock.

 

“You stupid panda, t-that’s not what I meant!”

“AH HYUNG! HYUNG! OKAY I GET IT I GET IT”

 

Chaerin burst out her laugh. “Yah! You guys seriously.. stop it would you, bears?” Youngbae frowns, “Bears? But Panda is not a bear!” “Panda is a bear! Panda is a bear from chinese!”

“Ehh??”

“Aigooo! You’re just as stupid as him. I guess,” she chuckles.

“But I thought panda is a different kind of bear!”

“It’s still a bear!” Chaerin keep laughing.

 

Youngbae just nods and smile. “Hyung.. ugh, let me go now..” Seungri coughing due Youngbae’s headlock. “Oh yeah sorry, panda.” Youngbae scratch his back head. Seungri keep watching those two as they start walking inside the campus. ‘Youngbae hyung.. he’s different. What’s with him? Doesn’t he feel uneasy with Chaerin since she’s a girl?’. While Seungri is trying to find out why Youngbae acting like that, someone came and waves her hand.

 

“Chaerin eonni! Oh, Youngbae oppa?” she said.

“Jieun? Oh, yeah.. Youngbae and you go to the same division, right?” Chaerin said as she waves back to her cousin.

 

Jieun nods excitedly. “Since we’re going to the same division.. How about going to class together too, oppa?” Jieun gave her cute smile while turning to Youngbae. He kind of surprised with her smile and suddenly got nervous again. “Together?” faking a cough, “Eung! Let’s go!” Jieun takes Youngbae’s hand and pull him to go with her. “Eonni, i’ll see you around!” Jieun waves goodbye with Youngbae that just walk like an ice.

 

He’s uncomfortable again.

 

‘Why does it feel different about Chaerin and Jieun or other girls?’

 

“Jieun.. I-I can walk by my self.. You don’t have to hold my hand like this,” he said.

“Hmm? A-ah.. I’m sorry, I didn’t notice.” Jieun took off her hand. Youngbae sighed in relief. He walked first and let Jieun follow him to class. ‘Why didn’t I feel the nervousness when I peck her chek last night? Dang! This is seriously not me! Dong Youngbae! Wake up!’ he sat in the corner and try to shoo thoughta about last night.

 

‘Why did I even do that?! Man, you’re dead..’

 

o-o-o

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

Lunch time! Seriously! I was kind of tires of the first dance session. It wasn’t a hard move but it require a lot of power. It goess like swing and suddenly ‘tap!’ ‘ttak!’ well, you’ll get what I mean. At least I can rest now and feed my self with foods! God, I’m thirsty! Where is the water?

 

Pat pat..

 

“Hmm? Oh! TOP oppa!” I said as I saw that tall alien guy wearing his glasses.

“Where’s Bom?” he asked.

“Heee? She’s not with me. I haven’t seen her though. Maybe she’s already searching for corns.”

“Of course! That queen corn..” he mumbled then went straight to the fruit and veggie area. Maybe he’ll find bananas too. Uhgh, those two love-birds are aliens who love fruit and veggie. But Bom eonni, loves everything. She loves every food! That’s where she gets her chubby cheeks. Sometimes I just want to squeeze them and pinch them till it turned red and she’ll pout at me telling that she won’t make dinner. I smile alone like a fool right now.

 

“Chaerin? Why are you just standing like that?”

 

“Uh? Oh, Youngbae!” I suddenly bow at him. Wait, why must I bow to him? “Wow girl, what’s with the bow? No need to, let’s just grab some food, okay? Jiyong is in his way with Dara noona.” He said and takes my hand to the food court.

 

He... takes my hand.

 

What the hell? Why do I feel so warm on my cheeks? “Chaerin?” he turned back to me, “Y-yeah?” “Why is your face so red? Are you sick?” he said. Why does he care? “N-no, i’m fine! Let’s just get some food and sit.” I said as I take my hand back from him and walk first to find sandwhich.

 

---

 

Everyone is here, now, sitting on the same large table and having lunch. Bom eonni as expected came wih a lot of sweet corns cups in her hands. Dara eonni got sandwhich and carrot juice. TOP oppa, banana toast and milk. Jiyong, he just ordered a burger. Youngbae and I got the same food, chicken sandwhich. “Yah, Bae.. are you making moves on her?  Did you guys arrange the seat just now? Couple seat? I get it now..” TOP oppa gave his smirks on us (I and Youngbae). “Hyung! Of course not!” he said, denying.

 

Of course.. not, right? Sighed. Eyy, what are you thinking Lee Chaerin?

 

Actually, I keep thinking about last night. It’s the first time after a year that I blush that hard again. The first time I get a hug by a guy after a year. Wait.. Do.. I missed that kind of feelings? No, I have to study. It’s not the purpose I stayed in Korea. I stay here, to study and get my dream. There is no way.. I let my self inside that kind of feeling again. Or.. there is a way? Ugh, my mind is somehow screwed. I dont’t want to remember the past anymore. I want to get rid of it. I.. don’t want to got trappd in this little game of heart. So Lee Chaerin, snap out of it! Last night was totally a joke!

 

“Chaerin? Why aren’t you eating your sandwhich?” Dara eonni poked me. Oh, I haven’t touch my sandwhich. I was too busy with my thoughts. Ugh, I can think of that now. “N-ne? Oh.. yeah..” I started to eat my lunch but I’m still quiet. I noticed that Youngbae gave me a slight glance, but I don’t want to think of it. Maybe it doesn’t have any meaning at all. He cares for me, as new friend. Because i'm his friend. "Chaerin, are you sure that you're alright?" he suddenly asked me and it startled me. "O-oh? Yea, i'm fine." I said and munch my sandwhich again. "Then why are you being so quite?" he asked, "Well, I'm not the type who is talkative like Bom eonni." then I chuckled as I saw Bom eonni giving me a glare.

 

"What did you say? Talkative? Ya! Lee Chaerin! If I'm not being talkative then i'm not being my self!" she said and pout at me.

 

Being my self? Oh right Chaerin, you weren't being yourself just now. I should stay calm and do everything normally. I can't give everyone an awkward atmosfer just because of me and my sudden silence, right? I have to be my self! Be the strong Chaerin and cute Chaerin at the same time. Oh, I shouldn't show too much cuteness. It'll affect my somewhat cool or cold character I've built for one year from total breakdown. But seems like someone just melt me last night.

 

His moves was bold and warm.. no, it's hot. He made my cheeks feels really hot as if it was burning! Yeah, just like the sun..

 

o-o-o

 

Youngbae's POV

 

Being my self?

 

Seems like that's the problem that bugs me right now. I have to be Dong Youngbae, y yet cute guy and of course, calm and always turns to be nervous near girls. Near girls? Yeah, I got unsecure whenever I'm with girls. Except when I dance and my partner is a girl. I have to take it professionaly.  I got nervous whenever I'm near Jieun or the other girls in my class. That's why sometimes when there were too many girls in the class, I always sneak out and go to the rooftop. Definitely much better to be alone and feeling the cold and warm breeze than being in the class with noisy girls around me. Sometimes I just look at the sky and feel so light. Very calm and more relax.

 

The same thing I feel whenever I see or being near her.

Lee Chaerin.

 

See? I'm not being my self again! I usually don't think about girls and I've never date before, not even once! Because i'm too shy and like to be alone more than being with a girl that is always acting cute in front of you. Ugh, no no. That made me shiver from head to toe. But again, the problem is here.. No, not a problem, just a question.. Why am I being so calm and relax with Chaerin as if we ever met before? As if I lived with her for my whole life? As if she's someone I knew very well? As if nothing goes wrong and she just threw the nervousness aside..

 

What's with her? As calm.. as cool as the sky?

 

o-o-o

 

Author's POV

 

Chaerin's thought: "Sun.. that suits him well, I guess."

Youngbae's thought: "Sky.. suits her just right."

 

Chaerin tried to control her heart and act normally and Youngbae does too. They're denying and throw the thought of what happened last night. Took it as joke even if it was an un-understanding reason of joke. Meanwhile, Jieun came to the cafetaria alone and she saw them. Actually she only sees Youngbae, always Youngbae since she really likes him. But as soon as she recognised the person sitting beside Youngbae and being so close with him is his cousin, Jieun feel envious. "I want to be like that with Youngbae oppa too! She's new here, but why do they look like they've been friends for a long time?" she stomps in envious and left.

 

"Is there something between them?" she thought, "No! I'll get Yougbae oppa, i'll get his heart!" she said while giggling by herself. "Oh, but.. why didn't he look like he's uncomfortable? He's really nervous when I was around." Jieun frowns again and walk fast to the vocal practice room. "Something is going on between them. I wonder.."

 

Jieun sighed and keep practicing her vocal.

 

 

Looks like Jieun noticed the difference in Youngbae, too, just like Seungri!

 


 

Another update! Whoa! I have 2 subscribers! Thank youuu~! Please keep subscribing my story and give it upvotes! I will work hard on this story. SUNSKY FOREVER! <3 Oh... don't forget to comment! ^^~