Chapter 1: Introduction

Sun in The Sky

Youngbae’s POV

 

New Student Welcoming Ceremony.

 

Alright, this is the second time i’m standing in the auditorium along with others and clap, celebrating the new students. Well, I was in those new students line once when i was going to enter this University. But i’m getting tired of the sit and standing clap just for the new students i don’t even know and maybe not really interested to know. I better get going to the cafetaria or the dance room with my boys. Yeah, Jiyong, Seungri, TOP hyung, and Daesung. We are pretty famous here and i don’t know why. People call us as BIG BANG. Alright then, maybe i’ll just get moving..

 

“GONG MINJI!!! LEE CHAERIN!!!”

 

Holy ‘s’ word for you or whoever scream names like that. Seriously, it’s not like those people you called went missing like kids in department store or amusement park.

I shake my head and check if my ears are still okay when I feel someone tap my shoulder.

“Not really quiet, huh?” that was Jiyong. He came and give me a smirk after saying that. I punch his shoulder—not really punching him—to get his sense back. “What’s with your ears, Ji? That.. whoever she or he was just screamed like and ahjumma (old lady) in the fish market or something.” I said and he suddenly frowns. I give him the ‘What? Did I just say something wrong?’ look, “You mean Bom noona?” he said and now it’s me who is frowned. “The BOMinator noona? She was the one who screamed? No wonder, it fits her ahjumma look.” I said. “AHJUMMA?!!” that same voice again, but this time closer and she is totally behind me. I was about to turn around but she hits my head first and make me say ‘ouch’ in real pain. “Noona! That’s damn hurt!” I said while rubbing my backhead and noticing two girls with her. Seems like the new students.

 

“Who are they? Don’t tell me you’re going to scold them now when they just got in!” I said.

“No, you idiot! They are my best little sisters ever!” she said while pouting.

 

“Hi, i’m Minji, i’m in the first semester of dance division.” One of them—the black haired one—intoduce her self. I and Jiyong said ‘Hi’ in chorus. Now the next girl somehow got my attention. She's a browned hair girl and she has cute bangs covering her eyebrows. Wait, did I say cute? “Hi, my name is Chaerin, i’m a transferee student. Second semester of mixed-up (music/vocal+dance) division.” She said and smiles. Little bit awkward here since.. her eyesmiles just like mine. “Hello.. I'm Youngbae” I said and clear my throat after that. But suddenly Jiyong grab her hand and shakes it excitedly, “I’m Jiyong! I’m in mixed-up division too! But i’m in the third semester..” he said and grins to her. I kick his foot slowly and he gives me that ‘What?’ look, I just shake my head.

 

“Now, now, now.. where is my banana guy?” Bom noona asked.

 

I swear i’m going to explode of laughter when i hear that ‘my banana guy’ nickname.

 

That’s TOP hyung’s nickname from Bom noona since they are officialy dating since a year and a half ago. I fake a cough to handle my laughter, “Your oh-so-precious-banana-guy is probably over the food stands, searching for food. Specially banana!” I teases her and she just pout. “Alright now, i’m going to find him. You two take care of my girls.” She said and just leaves Jiyong, Minji, Chaerin and me in confusion. But then Jiyong left to find Seungri and Minji left to find her friend.

So it’s just me and Chaerin. It’s awkward though, so maybe i’ll just start.. “Would you mind..” we said in chorus. That’s weird, “You first.” She said. “Well, I was just asking if you mind to take a walk with me and i’ll show you the parts of the campus.” I said and shrug. Her eyes was suddenly widen, “Actually.. I was just about to ask you whether you mind to take me on the campus tour or something like that.” She said and chuckles. “Okay then let’s go.” I said and we start to leave that noisy place.

---

I show her every places and parts in the campus. The dance room, music room, art exhibition room, and so on. Our final stop is the south park of the campus. It’s really quiet and many of the students come here to get some inspirations. We sit on the bench park with a totally odd silence until I try to break the ice. “So you’re a transferee? From?” “NYC, JYP Academy in NYC.” She said and i just nod. “So.. are you in the third semester?” she ask me so suddenly. “Well, yeah, but how did you know?” “I just noticed that you and Jiyong are somewhat like close, you don’t call him with ‘hyung’ or neither does he, so maybe you’re in the same age and same semester.” She explains and end it with a smile.

 

That’s sweet.

“You got a pretty good head, Ms. Lee” I said and we both laughs.

 

I never been so comfortable with a girl before, except my mom and Bom noona. Well, Bom noona.. it’s just because she likes to fuss over us—BIG BANG—a lot especially because there is TOP hyung. But, Chaerin.. I just met her. Right? Maybe she just has that sort-of power to lighten the mood up and make me feel alright. “So, what should I call you? Youngbae seonbae.. senior Youngbae.. what?” she said. “Youngbae, just Youngbae. Just take it easy, I won’t mad even if you call me ‘dude’ or something.” I laugh and she makes that eyesmile again.

 

“YAA! DONG YOUNGBAE! LEE CHAERIN!” that ahjumma-kind-of-voice again just ruined the mood.

 

Here she comes, Bom noona but now with TOP hyung and also Seungri. “Who’s this? Your girl, dude?” TOP hyung’s husky voice made me a little bit annoyed. “Whoaa, I never know Youngbae hyung has a girl! Hi! I’m Seungri! I’m—” i knock his head before he can say more. “She’s not my girl, she’s Bom noona’s girl!” i said and Chaerin just let out a little chuckle while TOP hyung staring at Bom noona. “What?” Bom noona said, “She’s my little-kind-of sister. She’s a new student here.” TOP hyung sigh in relief.

 

“I thought you were cheating on me.”

“HELL NO!! I’M STILL DAMN NORMAL YOU ALIEN!”

“Look who’s talking? YOU’RE AN ALIEN YOURSELF!” they start it again. AGAIN! This bickering love-birds are just uncontrolable.

 

“Eonni!” someone shout to out little group. It was Minji, she’s running with another girl beside her.”Eonni, let’s go.. we have to get in class and your cousin was searching for you to death!” Minji said. Wait, her cousin? “Oh, i’m sorry! Jieun-ah, i’m sorry! Let’s go then.. Ah! Everyone, i’m Chaerin and this is my cousin Lee Jieun.” Chaerin introduces the girl next to Minji. Her cousin, okay, I get it. “Oh.. aren’t you..?” Jieun said while looking at me. “Yeah? Oh, I’m Dong Youngbae, nice to meet you.” I smile. “I can’t believe I can really meet you!” she said and grab  Chaerin’s hand tight. I can see that. “S-sorry.. My cousin is fangirling over you really much. I should’ve tell you that.” Chaerin said and I just nod saying that it’s okay.

“Yo! Guys! Daesung is here!” I and the group hear the shout out from Daesung. Oh, look! His little sister got here too! “Oppa! Eonni! Jiyoung is here!” the girl said. Then they posed like they’re taking a picture. As expected from Kang Siblings. They’re un-stoppable. We are start to making some noise again in that park. Just 5 minutes after Kang Sibling entrance, Jiyong and Dara noona come. Dara noona is in the acting/theater division in the same semester as Bom noona and TOP hyung and she is also Jiyong’s girlfriend, and guess what? Bom-Dara-Chaerin-Minji, it turns out that they are bestfriends and living in the same apartement! We start moving to the cafetaria and still making noises. I just realised that I was sitting next to Chaerin and I start to talk with her more.. what should I say? Comfortably? Yeah, but Jieun keep looking at me.

 

What did I do?

o-o-o

Chaerin’s POV

 

The first day, first. It wasn’t that bad at all. It was more noisy than I thought! Thanks to Bom eonni and TOP oppa. They were just bickering and arguing most of the times. But when the school ends and TOP oppa take her home, he gave her a goodbye kiss in front of our apartement door and smiled! Isn’t that sweet? Gosh, what are you thinking Lee Chaerin? Get the hold of yourself now. Oh, yeah.. I and Bom eonni live in the same apartement. Same place! Same room! Actually it’s I, Bom eonni, Dara eonni and Minji. We’ve been friends since we’re in senior high school first grade! When I was in the first semester for college, my dad sent me to the NYC because he works there. But then, I said that I wanted to stay in Seoul, so, here I am with the other three girls living under the same roof, going to the same university.

I actually kind of close to TOP oppa but not to his friends. Since whenever he came to pay Bom eonni a visit, he never talk about his friends. That’s why I didn’t know about Youngbae, Jiyong, Daesung or even Seungri. But, I guess I know now.

“Chaerin-ah?” someone knocks my door and slowly opens the door, it’s Dara eonni. “Can eonni come in?” “Of course! Come here, why eonni?” I said then she sits on my bed looking at me and smiles, “How was the first day?” “Hmm.. Quiet interesting I guess, but still a lot of noise came from Bom eonni and TOP oppa.” I and Dara burst out of laugh. “Yeah those two bickering couple.” She said, bu it seems like there is something else she wanted to say but she’s not saying it. “What’s wrong eonni? Seems like you’re holding back something?” I said in curiousity but she just chuckles, “I just want to say that you look cute when you’re with Youngbae. I never know that he’ll be that open to you. He’s often very shy or something-like that when it comes to girls. What did you do?” she laugh and I was thinking, “Really?”

 

“Yeah, Chae.. Really.”

“I didn’t do anything though, I was just talking and that’s all.” I said and shrug.

“Well, I just hope it’ll turn out well.” She said as she slowly get up and leave me alone

“What? About what? Eonni!!” she just left me like that.

 

I’m just too tired to argue so I just wah up, change clothes and have some sleep.

---

Oh my god..

The earth is shaking!

Earth quake!

Help! No, I don’t want to be burried under the broken walls!

“Chaerin.. HOW DARE YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME?!” a voice said to me in anger

"You?! "What is.....

 

“GET THE HELL OUT OF MY DREAM!” I screamed as I open my eyes, Minji was looking straight at me. “Oh.. s-sorry Minji-ya.. I was.. having a bad dream.” I tried to explain and don’t want her to be mad. “Yeah, right.. What was that all about?” she asks, but when I about to explain she cut off, “Ugh, no matter then.. Dinner is ready. Oh, and please tidy yourself up, eonni. BIG BANG oppadeul will come to join us for dinner too.” She said then left my room.

What the heck? BIG BANG?! Why are they joining our dinner?!

“Ya! Mingkki-ya! Are you serious?” I yell and she turns back, “Yes, eonni. Pretty much serious.” She said with a flat face. “But why?”  “Because those Park sisters accidentaly made too many food for us to eat and Bom eonni is having a diet except for corns of course, and the food won’t last well in the refrigerator and she asked her boyfriend to come and eat, but her boyfriend invite his friends a.k.a BIG BANG. So.. that’s why.” She explains, “Aren’t you happy to see BIG BANG oppadeul especially Youngbae?” she teases. My eyes got widen, “Heck no, what are you talking! It’s not like I want to meet him now in a—”

 

“You don’t want to see me?” someone slide in to my room UNINVITED.

 

I repeat, UNINVITED!

 

“What the...YOUNGBAE! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!” I throw a pillow to him but he just laughs and left with Minji. What the heck.. the reason why I yelled like that is because, first my room is a big mess, second, i’m still on my bed wearing a tanktop and a short pants, third, I don’t like it when someone just get in to my territory. Yes, my room is my territory. Mine and only mine. But my eonnis and Minji can come in of course, after they knock.

 

Well, I guess i’ll just prepare for the little dinner. As Minji said, I’ll just tidy my self up.

 

 

 

 

 


 

So how do you like the first chapter? ^^ Please do comment and subscribe and upvotes! I'll need a lot of inspiration to continue the story so.. maybe some of you would like to share thoughts with me? You can follow me up on my twitter: @2NE1JHY and I'll followback if you mention me first of course >_< SUNSKIERS and everyone who read my story...... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!