Morning snuggles and surprises

Chuseok

Amber’s P.O.V

“Yiyun!” I grunted, trying to ignore the yelling voice as I buried my head deeper against the bed. I felt the bed move beneath me as I heard the faint sound of a door opening. “Yiyun.” A female voice called out to me and I grumbled in response, snuggling closer to the warm bed beneath me. “Aigoo so cute… Yiyun sweetie, wake up.”

“Five more minutes mom.” I mumbled the response in rushed Chinese, hoping to get more rest in. After a couple moments I felt hands rubbing up and down my sides gently, I sighed enjoying the sensation.

“Amber… wake up…” I frowned instantly recognizing the voice.

“Krys?” I looked up sleepily at the younger girl, noticing that I was snuggled up against her side, her arms wrapped around me. I blushed, had we fallen asleep like this? She just smiled at me.

“Hey llama face… my grandma wants you.” I frowned in response, turning to the doorway and noticing Grandma Jung looking at us with a bright smile on her face and two cups of coffee in her hands. I sat up quickly feeling embarrassed to be found snuggling with her granddaughter. Grandma Jung chuckled at my response and simply handed me a mug of coffee.

“Drink up Yiyun, you’ll need the energy for our hike!” My eyes widened at her words. Hike?! “Meet me downstairs in 15 minutes!” At that she turned and walked out of the room. Krystal giggled at the expression on my face.

“Yah! Don’t laugh, I don’t want to go on a morning hike!”

“Afternoon hike.” I frowned turning to the younger girl, who was looking up at me from the bed with an amused grin on her face.

“What?” Krystal simply pointed towards the alarm clock on the bedside, it was 12:15.

“We slept in, too drunk to get up I guess.” She shrugged as she spoke. “You should go Amber, my grandma is really excited about spending time with you.” I nodded taking a gulp of the warm caffeinated liquid before getting out of the bed.

“Yeah, I like spending time with her too…. I just wish she liked doing something less…. Hikey…” Krystal laughed at my words.

“Yeah well get used to it llama face, we go hiking on every family occasion.” I paused my search for a hiking appropriate outfit and turned to the younger girl.

“Does that mean you’re going to invite me to more family occasions?” Krystal blushed.

“I… maybe… I thought you liked my family?” I smiled.

“I do… I just… I didn’t think you’d want me around all the time.”

“Why wouldn’t I want my servant around?” I chuckled at her answer turning around to face my bag again. I felt her arms wrap around my waist after a few moments and I blushed. “The most important people in my life are in this house right now…. That includes you Amber.” I blushed deeper at her words and she kissed my shoulder gently before turning and leaving the room so that I could change.

Krystal had this ability to make me feel so… girly. It was a strange sensation, no one had ever made me feel that way before. Even the girls I had gone out with had always treated me like a guy, other than my mom Krystal is the only one who really treated me like a girl. It was never something I had sought out before, and before I met Krystal it wasn’t something that I thought I wanted. Now this is not to mean that I wanted to be treated like a dainty little lady all the time, not at all.

It’s just… Krystal seemed to realize that even though I liked to take care of her, that I liked to spoil her, that I wanted to protect her, to make her feel safe, that I for all intents and purposes was ready to be the “guy” for her, that I also needed to be a girl once in a while too. We had never really talked about it, but Krystal knew, somehow, just knew what I needed sometimes. She knew that I was shy by nature, and I think that’s why she only did it when we were alone, knowing that others would tease me if they saw that kind of interaction between us. I appreciated all of the things Krystal knew about me without me having to tell her.
 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts as I grabbed some clothes from my bag. Grandma Jung was waiting for me downstairs and I didn’t want to keep the older woman waiting, especially if Krystal intended on bringing me to more family events. I smiled at that thought as I changed my clothes, quickly forgetting my tiredness. It instead being replaced by a giddy feeling inside my chest. After changing my clothes and quickly fixing my hair, I bounded down the steps looking for Grandma Jung. I reached the bottom of the stairs a wide smile on my face as I bowed to Mr. Jung. “Morning Mr. Jung.”

“Good morning Amber, what’re you so happy about?” I shrugged.

“Just happy, I’m going on a hike with grandma.” Mr. Jung chuckled at my enthusiasm.

“Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any member of this family so happy to hike, no wonder my mother loves you so much.” I smiled, I was about to respond when Grandma Jung came into the room with a small backpack, handing it to me before speaking.

“She’s a good girl, but I don’t think she really likes hiking I think she just wants to make an old woman happy, that is fine with me though.” Mr. Jung laughed at that.

“I think you’re right. Just take it easy on her mother, I know a certain daughter of mine who’d be very sad if Amber got hurt.” Grandma Jung smiled and nodded.

“She’ll be fine, Yiyun is a very strong girl, right Yiyun?” I nodded in response and let the older woman lead me out of the house. I waved at Mr. Jung before exiting the house and following Grandma Jung.

-Later-

“Come on Yiyun! We’re almost there!” I watched as Grandma Jung walked up the hill quickly. We had veered off the path some time ago and she was dodging rocks and branches like a pro while I tried desperately to keep up with the older woman.

“Ye-es Gran-grandmother.” I released the words in a pant as I pushed myself forwards, damn this woman was fast. Grandma Jung looked back at me and even from a distance I could make out the amused expression on her face as she watched me for a moment.

“Are you okay Yiyun?” I nodded in response quickening my pace, trying to close the distance between us now that she had stopped for a moment. She chuckled at the determined look on my face and when I finally stood next to her she smacked my shoulder lightly.

“Why don’t we rest for a bit?” I nodded gratefully in response and she laughed again. “Okay, follow me, I know the perfect spot.” I followed the older woman for a couple minutes until we reached a clearing on the side of the mountain. I instantly recognized the spot from yesterday.

“You seem surprised, Soojung brought you here didn’t she?” I blushed nodding in response. Grandma Jung laughed and motioned for me to sit on the rock as she took the backpack from me, handing me some water before removing some other items. “Yes, my Soojungie is clever, she’s the only one who knows about this spot other than me, she doesn’t think I know about it though, so don’t tell her okay?”

“Okay grandmother.” I said after gulping some water down quickly. She sat down next to me handing me some chopsticks as she opened a small plastic container revealing some kimbap. I smiled happily and Grandma Jung laughed at my eagerness.

“Eat up Yiyun.” I nodded and placed a piece of kimbap in my mouth, humming happily as I ate the delicious food, it was spicy tuna, which was my favorite. Grandma Jung smiled at me. “I can see why my granddaughter likes you so much.” I blushed at her words, wondering briefly if Grandma Jung would like me this much if she knew just how I felt about Krystal.

“You know, when I read about you I didn’t think you’d be this shy.” I frowned at that, she read about me?

“Read?” I asked, wondering if I got the word mixed up. At that Grandma Jung’s eyes widened.

“Whoops! I wasn’t supposed to tell you about that!” She laughed and I looked at her confused. Had Krystal shown her an article about the group or something? I tried to think of anything embarrassing I might’ve said in group interviews. “Well… since you know, you promise not to tell Soojung?” I nodded, my attention snapping back to the older woman as she grinned mischievously at me. She got up from the rock and went over to the box that I had seen Soojung take out yesterday, I watched as she pulled a small book from the box and head back to me.

I pushed another piece of kimbap into my mouth as the older woman skimmed through the pages of the small book. “Now, where was it… there was one page where your girlfriend wrote the sweetest things about you.” I choked on the piece of food at her words. Girlfriend?!

Grandma Jung looked at me worriedly as she smacked my back gently. “Are you okay Yiyun?” She handed me the bottle of water. “Here drink this.” I took a small sip of water, finally able to catch my breath as I looked up at the older woman incredulously.

“Girlfriend?” Grandma Jung furrowed her eyebrows in response, a little confused by my question.

“Yes… your girlfriend…Soojung…” My jaw dropped open at her words and she looked at me curiously.

“Why are you so surprised Yiyun? Did you think no one noticed? You two are quite obvious with your feelings...” She trailed off watching my expression carefully. “…Soojung-ah is your girlfriend isn’t she?” I shook my head slowly and Grandma Jung’s eyes widened. “You two… aren’t a couple?” I shook my head again.  “You’re…. you’re just … friends?” I nodded. “Oh , , ing !” I blinked surprised at her cursing.

“Grandmother?” I started but stopped as she pointed a finger at my face quickly.

“You! You can’t tell Soojung I told you this! ! !” I let out a loud chuckle at her and quickly covered my mouth to cover the sound but I couldn’t help the sudden laughing fit I had found myself in.  After a few moments Grandma Jung started giggling along with me. We were both laughing hysterically when we heard the trees behind us move.

We turned to see Krystal looking at us curiously, our laughs stopped mid-breath and I immediately looked down at the small book Grandma Jung had taken from the box earlier, following my line of sight Grandma Jung panicked and quickly threw the book. I watched as the small book cascaded over the side of the mountain. My eyes widened before I broke out into another fit of laughter, Grandma Jung falling into my side as she laughed with me.

“Yah! … are you guys drunk?!” After a few more moments of us laughing hysterically and Krystal looking at us as if we’d lost our minds we finally composed ourselves. We were currently walking down back down the hill, stifling giggles as Krystal shook her head at us. “You two are like little kids.” Grandma Jung smiled at that and wrapped her arm around me as she spoke.

“It’s good, you have to bring Yiyun around more often, she makes me feel young!” I smiled brightly at the older woman and she winked at me. Krystal smiled, amused by our interaction. We quickly reached the bottom of the hill but before I could walk towards the house Krystal called to me.

“Amber, could you do me a favor? My mom went to the shop, can you help her with the bags?” I nodded.

“Sure.”

“Thanks.” I nodded again and headed to the driveway happily. Krystal liked me, enough so that her Grandma thought we were dating. What’s more, Grandma Jung liked me, even when she thought Krystal and I were a couple. I couldn’t have been happier. I reached the driveway and frowned when I saw the car but no Mrs. Jung. “Mrs. Jung?” I called out but received no response. I looked into the car, there weren’t any bags… hmmm… maybe she already took everything inside. I shrugged and walked into the house, frowning as I noticed that all the lights were off. What’s going on?

“Krys?? … Grandmother?” I was about to call out again when all at once the lights and someone grabbed me from behind.

“SURPRISE!!” I jumped up and twirled around my hand shooting out without a second thought and connecting with a loud smacking noise. My eyes widened as I realized what was going on. There were streamers around the house and, Krystal was holding a birthday cake in her hands, open in shock as she looked down at the person on the ground. Oh crap.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's another update for you all, thanks for all of your comments. You had me laughing with all of them, I think stal and grandma jung are the favorite characters of this fic, lol.  Also thank you for the votes and subscribes, you guys are awesome! Anyway, while I was writing I realized that Amber's birthday fell on the day before Chuseok this year (not the day after) Whoops!! Let's just pretend I didn't mess that up, okay? Okay cool. Who do you think Amber smacked?