Welcome to the family

Chuseok

Krystal’s P.O.V.

I watched curiously as Amber routed around in her bag. I was nervous, really nervous, I had just confessed to Amber… twice and she hadn’t responded yet. I wasn’t stupid, I knew that Amber at least liked me. But I hadn’t said “Amber, I like you,” like a normal person would, I told her I loved her. I know that’s kind of freak out worthy, and I don’t blame Amber for not being able to respond right away. Still though, I’ve never been more scared in my life, what if she told me she didn’t love me back. What if she said “I like you… but you’re moving too fast, sorry we can’t be together.”

“Read it.” My eyes snapped up to Amber who was sitting on the edge of the bed holding an envelope out to me. I nodded, taking the envelope from Amber. I turned the envelope carefully in my hands, wondering just what Amber had written inside. The envelope was flat and pristine, but the edges had wear on them, revealing the age of the envelope. How long had Amber waited to give this to me? I felt the bed shake underneath me and I reached over stilling Amber’s bouncing thigh before looking at the nervous girl with a small smile. She was nervous, really nervous.

“Lay down stupid.” She chuckled at my instruction but did as she was told, and I pulled the blanket over her head and body before resting myself against her covered form. “Better?” I watched as the solid lump nodded at me under the sheet and I laughed. What a dork. Amber always got really nervous whenever she spoke about certain things with me, she wasn’t as straight forward with her words as I was. And I think she was so used to be the rock that everyone depended on it was harder for her to show her weak side. That’s why she felt better if she didn’t have to face me as she spoke to me about certain things, she felt less vulnerable this way.

I’d never gone through such lengths to comfort anyone else, and I don’t think I’d ever want to. There was something about being the one that Amber went to, being the only one she trusted enough, that made me feel an intense desire to protect and comfort the older girl. Even right now, I was so nervous about confessing to her, but as soon as I saw her anxiety, mine disappeared, being replaced instead by a desire to comfort her.

 I slowly tore the envelope, noting as Amber’s body tensed against mine. I knew she would stay like that until I finished the letter and spoke to her about it. I opened the letter and hesitated a moment before reading it. I knew it was silly… cause it was almost definitely a confession letter, I mean people didn’t carry around letters to say they didn’t love you right? Like ‘hey, I wrote this in case you ever confessed to me so that I could say your face is stupid and I don’t want it near my face. Let’s be friends stupid.’ I groaned at my own thoughts, why would I do that? Now I’m scared that the letter is a rejection… okay don’t be stupid Soojung, just read the damn letter. I took a deep breath, steeling myself before letting my eyes focus on the sloppy handwriting in front of me.

Princess,

This should be a very easy letter to write, it should be because it’s all I think about. I should be able to write pages upon pages, books even, with multiple volumes, because every time we’re around each other I’m filled with words that I can’t seem to speak. This should be a very easy letter to write because I’ve written it so many times, rewritten it so many times, held it burning against my chest every time I was with you, mentally revising it with each smile, each laugh. It should be… but it’s not.

I can’t possibly find all the words to show you what I mean. Every time I try, I fail. Can’t you just see? Can’t you look at me and tell that I’ve fallen for you? I love you Krystal. I’ve loved you for so long, and it terrifies me. You can’t possibly love me, not the way I love you. I know that, but still I love you. Stupid huh? I know that, but you always knew I was a little stupid, so it shouldn’t surprise you too much, should it?

I love you. I do. Not like a band mate, not like a sister, not like a friend, but like something else, everything else. I know this might be hard for you to find out, I know it might be uncomfortable for you, I guess that’s why I haven’t ever given you this letter before. Because I’m scared, not scared of loving you, not even scared of you not loving me back, just scared that you may never want to be my friend after this. That scares me more than anything in the world, I can spend my whole life loving you in silence, unrequited, but to live without you, even just as a friend, I don’t know if I could do that.

This should be an easy letter to write, because I know I’ll never have the courage to give it to you. It should be easy because there’s nothing about you that I don’t love, and I could spend hours just thinking about your lovely face, about the sweet sound of your voice, about the way my heart jumps with every smile you give me, about the gentle warmth of your arms hugging me tightly, about the way your eyes seem to see right through me. It’s not easy.

I bring this letter with me every time I’m with you, hoping that one day I’ll have the courage enough to give it to you, that you’ll accept it with a smile. That you might smile at the words, at the thought that someone loves you, and appreciates you. If you read this, please be gentle with me. I couldn’t stand it if you hated me.

I love you Krystal Jung. I’m sorry for being too much of a coward to say the words out loud.

     -  Your servant. Amber

I gripped the paper tightly in my hands as I read and reread the words. This idiot thought I didn’t love her, she’s been scared this whole time that I’d reject her, worse than that, hate her. How long have you had this letter with you Amber? How long did you suffer, thinking I’d never love you back? “Princ-“ I heard Amber start but I cut her off as I pulled the blanket from her head. She blinked at the sudden light as I spoke.

“You’re so stupid!” I slapped her arm roughly and she sat up wrapping her arms around me tightly.

“I’m sorry Krystal.” I gripped her tightly, my words catching in my throat. Why are you apologizing you stupid llama? I’m the one who should be sorry, I never meant to make you feel like you weren’t wanted. I tried to bite back my tears and say something but Amber spoke again before I could. “I’m so sorry princess. Please don’t cry.”  The concern in her voice made me feel guilty.

“You’re an idiot Amber.” Amber nodded against me.

“I know. I’m sorry.” I swallowed down my tears and along the older girls neck before speaking.

“I could never hate you, I’m so sorry that you felt that way.” Amber shook her head but before she could respond I spoke again. “I’m sorry I’ve been a coward, I’m sorry I couldn’t wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m sorry you couldn’t tell how much I care about you, that no matter what, I couldn’t be without you either. I’m sorry for all of that Amber…but…if… if you’ll let me, I’ll spend every day making sure you know just how much I love you.” Amber didn’t say anything for a moment and I couldn’t bear the silence.

I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on Amber’s neck, over the birthmark that I’d thought about kissing so many times. “Will you let me Amber?” I spoke the words against her neck, my lips grazing her sweet smooth skin with each word. Amber inhaled sharply and I could feel her pulse quicken under my lips. She nodded as a blush swept over her neck and raced across her cheeks.

“O-only if… if… y-you let me do the same…” I smiled at Amber’s cute stutter and turned the older girls face to meet mine. I looked deep into her dark questioning eyes.

“I love you Amber.”

“I-I l-love you too Kryst-mmph!” I didn’t let her finish as I slammed my lips against hers in a passionate kiss. Amber was taken off guard but after a few moments she started responding to my kiss. Her plump lips pressing against mine sweetly, her tongue taking tentative swipes at my lips. I grinned against her and swatted her tongue playfully with my own, causing Amber to chuckle into the kiss. We pulled away and I rested my head on her shoulder again, my hand coming across her midsection and tracing small patterns against her waist.

I kissed her neck again, reveling in the fact that I could now kiss that y birthmark whenever I wanted too. I wonder if she has any other birthmarks. I let my mind wander as I continued to place light teasing kisses on Amber’s neck, my hand slipping beneath her shirt and caressing her slender waist. I swiped my tongue along her neck before gently on her pulse point and Amber let out a soft sweet moan. The sound lit up a fire inside of me and I pushed the older girl flat against the bed before capturing her lips with mine again.

Amber grunted against my lips but returned my hungry kisses nonetheless. I pushed the material of her shirt up as I continued to kiss her, my hands moving up to trace over edges of her sports bra before sitting up and removing the shirt completely. Amber blushed under my stare and I smiled at her. “You’re beautiful baby.” Amber blushed deeper and pulled me down again to obstruct my view of her. When my chest pressed flush against hers I didn’t mind one bit and I went back to kissing and along her neck as my hand slipped under her bra quickly. I moaned at the feel of her soft under my hand, and I quickly flicked my fingers teasingly over her , loving how it hardened against the pads of my fingers. Amber moaned, her sweet soft husky moan and I squeezed her again. I was about to push the material of her bra up when I heard someone behind me.

“Well it’s about time.” I shot up quickly and saw my grandmother standing in the doorway grinning at me. My eyes widened and Amber tried desperately to find her shirt as my grandmother just chuckled.

“Grandma I…we…I…”

“Hey what’s going on in he-…oh. Congratulations sweetie!”

“Oh my God Mom!”

“What are you guys do-YAH BYUNTAE!” Amber rolled of the bed with a thud as Jessica charged at her. I managed to hold my sister off and Amber quickly jumped up and ran to the other side of the room hiding behind my grandma who was still laughing at the whole situation.

“Jessica! Stop!”

“No! I’m going to kill that stupid llama! Let me go!” Jessica struggled against my hold and my mom came over to us, wrapping her arms around us and hugging us tightly.

“Aww my two girls are growing up so quickly.”

“Mom… what?”

“Mom let me kill that llama!”

“Look at how protective your sister is Soojung… so sweet.”

“Mom! She’s trying to kill my girlfriend!”

“Yes… but she means well, don’t you Sooyeon?”

“What? Yes? I guess? … can I kill her now?”

“NO!”

“Oh would you all just relax? is a normal part of life!” I grinned at that, the bizarreness of this situation sinking in. I was currently on the bed holding my sister in a headlock, while my mom cradled us both in an awkward albeit loving embrace and my new found girlfriend, A.K.A the love of my life, was shirtless and standing behind my grandmother for protection. My grandma was laughing at the whole situation, not even phased by the fact that she walked in on me fondling Amber and not only that she was defending my right to fondle her. My family is so weird!

“GRANDMA!” “GRANDMOTHER!” “MOTHER!”  Amber, Jessica and my mother all shouted at the same time, while I continued to grin maniacally, looking I’m sure like some crazed psychopath, but not caring in the least.  Grandma just chuckled again before turning to Amber and smacking her on the shoulder lightly and smiling at her.

“Welcome to the family kiddo!”

---------------------------------------

Hey guys this is it, the last chapter. I know a lot of you didn't want it to end, but really this was only supposed to be 3 shots, it turned into 12! I have no self control when writing sometimes, lol. Um... as for a sequel that a lot of you requested, I'm not going to deny that I thought about it. I mean it is called Chuseok, which is kind of like the Korean Thanksgiving... and the American Thanksgiving is in a month soooo.... I definitely thought about it. But I really should finish my other story before I start another one. My other readers might kill me if I didn't. So maybe if I can manage to finish writing that other story in a month (Yeah that's unlikely, no writing self control, none.) then maybe I'll do a sequel. I don't want to make any promises though, so please don't get your hopes up. As always I fully 100% appreciate all the support you have given to this story. I want to thank all of you for reading and commenting and being patient with me. You guys keep me wanting to write, so thank you, really, really really, thank you.