Accidental confession

Chuseok

Krystal’s P.O.V.

I leaned down and placed a small kiss on Amber’s forehead as she slept silently. After my sister smacked Amber over the head with the nearest object she could find (which unfortunately for Amber was a desk lamp) my grandmother and I quickly jumped on the older girl holding her down and making sure she didn’t do any more damage to Amber. It took a lot of convincing, and scolding (from my grandma) to finally calm Jessica down and assure her that Amber wasn’t trying to have her way with me in front of our grandmother.

I suppose from Jessica’s perspective the scene must’ve looked questionable. I mean after all I was knelt down in front of a half- Amber with my hands on her thighs. And to be truthful, after getting an eyeful of Amber’s sweet supple thighs and her smooth slender waist I had sort of forgotten that my grandmother was in the room, if Jessica hadn’t ran in when she did…well… who knows. Seeing Amber in that skirt had certainly surprised me, but not in a bad way. I always thought Amber looked good in feminine clothing, the few times that she had to do photo shoots in dresses I had fully appreciated the view.

Like I said, I think Amber is a very y woman, not just because she’s boyishly handsome, but also because she’s beautiful. Though I would never ask Amber to dress that way for me, one of the things I admired and loved most about Amber is her courage to be who she is despite naysayers. Amber may not be super confident in everything, but she’s confident in who she is, and that’s the iest thing about her. That she likes who she is and is unwilling to compromise that.

I sighed my hand through the sleeping girls hair as I collected my thoughts. I’m sure that Amber had been humoring my grandmother’s wishes by dressing the way she had and I appreciated that Amber would go through great lengths to make my family happy but still, I needed to speak to my grandmother about this. I don’t want Amber to feel like she has to be someone else to be accepted, and I hope my grandmother understands that I like Amber just the way she is.

Amber stirred beneath my hands and I watched as her eyes started to flutter open. Her expression was a mix between sleepy and confused when she finally looked up at me and I giggled at the sight. She really was adorable sometimes.

“Hey.” I spoke softly in case her head was hurting from the hit that Jessica gave her.

“Hey.” She responded, her voice raspy from sleep.

“How do you feel?”                                                                                                                                       

“Like someone smacked me with a 2X4.”

“A desk lamp actually.” Amber frowned in response.

“Ugh… Just when I thought your sister was starting to like me.” I caressed her scalp gently as I spoke.

“I’m really sorry Amber. She misunderstood our positions… God this must be the worst birthday ever. I’m so sorry, I promise I’ll make it up to you.” Amber shook her head in response, smiling at me lightly.

“Hey, it’s okay. Don’t be sorry, I’m okay.” I frowned, still feeling really guilty towards the older girl. How could I not? She woke up with a hangover, had to hike up a mountain, got harassed by my cousin, who she accidentally punched and felt guilty about it, then my grandma made her dress up in a skirt, I spilled hot soup on her and my sister knocked her out with a lamp! I wouldn’t be surprised if Amber wanted to leave right now, I know I wouldn’t want to be around these crazy people if they weren’t my family. “Princess?”

“Yes?” Amber smiled and moved to sit up. I helped her to a sitting position and she kissed my forehead causing me to blush.

“Don’t feel bad okay? I’m fine, this isn’t the worst birthday ever.” I scoffed at that. How could she have a worse day than this? Amber chuckled. “It isn’t… you want to know why?”

“Why?”

“Because you’re here, that makes it all better.” I blushed shoving her shoulder lightly before speaking.

“Stupid…” Amber chuckled again.

“Aaaand because I get to open your present now.” I laughed as Amber bounced excitedly on the bed. Dork. “What? You always get me the best presents…. Oh… don’t tell my mom I said that…” She suddenly looked worried and I laughed again. Amber loved her mother, but her mother always seemed to get her the strangest presents, last year she got a pink Kirby hoodie from her mother. While Amber loved video games, pink was definitely not her color and I had to hide my smirk whenever Amber wore the hoodie, saying that her mom would somehow know if she didn’t. She even went so far as to take a couple of pictures while wearing the hoodie just in case her mom wanted to look through her cell phone pictures.

That was another thing I really loved about Amber, she didn’t mind making herself uncomfortable for the people she cared about. She was always doing things to make other people happy, because she genuinely just wanted everyone to feel good. She was the most kind, generous and genuine person I’d ever met. Most people don’t understand why I bonded with Amber so quickly, I mean our personalities are quite different, she’s a dorky, outgoing person, while I am more reserved, and have a cool personality. People assume it was because we both spoke English, but the truth is as soon as I met her I got feeling that she was a great person, and I was right.

“Krys?” Amber poked my forehead and I shook myself, I must have zoned out while I was thinking about Amber. She was looking at me curiously and I blushed.

“Sorry… just… thinking a lot.” Amber frowned at that.

“You’re not still feeling guilty are you? I swear I’m having a goodtime here, I’m glad to be here with you and your family. There’s nowhere else I want to be.” I smiled at Amber’s reassuring response and wrapped my arms around her in a tight crushing hug. Amber grunted against me but hugged me back nonetheless.

“Thank you Amber.” I felt her nodding against me as she spoke.

“Don’t thank me, I’d have to be crazy not to love your family, they’ve been really nice to me. Even Jessica, I mean… except for the lamp thing…. But she got me a birthday present, which is like… whoa, you know?” I smiled nodding against her before reluctantly pulling away from her embrace and speaking.

“Yeah… that was kind of weirdly sweet of her wasn’t it?” Amber nodded, her face a mask of confusion as she did so and I chuckled at her expression. “Alright llama, close your eyes.” I watched as an excited smile appeared on Amber’s face.

“Present time?” I nodded and Amber closed her eyes tightly while doing a little happy dance. I laughed at her silliness before getting up and going over to where I stashed her present. I took out the small neatly wrapped package and walked over to where Amber was sitting, taking a few extra moments to watch her beautiful face without her knowing.

“Hold out your hands.” Amber did as she was told, and I put the package in her hands gently. I held her hands to keep her from ripping through the wrapping in excitement. “You know the rules.” Amber nodded, blushing a little as I my fingers over her warm hands. We had a game we would always play for our birthdays before we opened each other’s presents, it was a silly little tradition, but it was my favorite part about celebrating my birthday and I think Amber secretly felt the same way.

What we would do is describe one thing we would wish for if we could have anything in the world. Usually it was something really unrealistic (like last year I wished for the ability to pause time so I could take naps whenever I wanted,) but describing it to each other was the fun of the tradition.

“Okay, if I could have anything in the world, I’d have the ability to time travel, so I could go back in time and wear a helmet before your sister hit me with the desk lamp.” I pouted, which was no use cause Amber had her eyes closed still.

“Yah! Amber! You said you were okay.” Amber chuckled opening one eye to look at me. I looked away from her, still pouting. “I’m sorry Amber… really.” Amber put the present down and turned my chin to look at her.

“Hey, I was kidding Krys…. Really. I’m okay. Don’t be sorry.” I nodded and Amber leaned forward pressing her lips to my forehead before speaking again. “I’m sorry princess, it was just a joke. Do you know what I’d really wish for?” I blushed pushing my head against her shoulder before shaking my head in response.

“What?” Amber wrapped her arms around me before speaking.

“I’d wish for the ability to teleport like Night crawler, so that we could go anywhere we wanted whenever we wanted to go.” I smiled at her use of the word we.

“We?” Amber nodded.

“Of course. How could a servant go around the world without her princess?” I leaned up and kissed Amber’s chin.

“I’d like that.” I watched as a blush colored Amber’s face and I chuckled. “Okay Am, now you can open your present, it’s not as cool as teleportation but I hope you like it anyway.” Amber nodded, picking up the present as I stayed snuggled against her. She carefully opened the package, slowly revealing a leather bound notebook. Amber always kept a journal with her and since the one she currently had was running out of space I thought getting her a new one would be a good gift. I had the journal personalized for her. The notebook had her name etched on the binding while in the front there was a quote from one of her favorite authors, which was surrounded by small music notes.

“’ Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. – Maya Angelou.’” She read the quote aloud her fingers tracing over the etched music notes and I watched as her face glowed in awe. “Wow Krys… this… this is so amazing. Thank you so much.” I smiled and nodded against her.

“You’re welcome… but you haven’t opened the book yet. Open it.” Amber looked at me curiously for a moment before nodding and opening up the book. Inside there was a single plane ticket from Seoul to L.A., Amber looked confused. “I know how much you miss spending holidays with your family… so I convinced Manager-shii to give you some time off in November, it isn’t much, only a week, but you can spend Thanksgiving with your family.” A look of disbelief crossed over Amber’s face as she stared at the ticket in her hand.

“Are…. Are you serious?!” I chuckled as Amber’s eyes widened.

“Yes I’m serious stupid!” I grunted as Amber’s arms came around me suddenly, squeezing me tightly as she bounced on the bed happily.

“Oh my God! Krys this is so great! This is so amazing! You’re the best friend ever!” I chuckled as I tried to calm Amber down.

“Yah! Stop bouncing so much you’re making me dizzy!” Amber nodded and stopped bouncing on the bed, her arms still secure around my body as she sent me a dazzling smile.

“Thank you so much princess, this means so much to me.” I smiled at her.

“I’m glad you like it Amber, you deserve it.” Amber nodded vigorously in response and I had to laugh at how much she was trying to restrain herself. “Okay okay, do it.” At that Amber jumped up on the bed and started doing her happy dance. “God, why do I love such a dork?” Amber suddenly stopped dancing and turned to me slowly, a look of shock on her face.

“What?” Oh … did I just say that outloud?

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Just a quick update for this one. I actually have the story finished up, there's only like two chapters left of the story. I kind of feel sad ending it but considering it was only supposed to be a short little story, I guess it's time. Anyway what do you think of this chapter? Sweet or overkill? I like cheesy Kryber, I can't help it. Thank you for all of your comments and subscribes and votes, you guys are awesome readers. How will our dorky llama react to Krystal's confession?