A little closer

I Love You!, Whoever You Are

A little closer

 

"Appa. Take care of yourself. Do not think about anything else other than your well being. Follow all doctor's orders. If you would just allow me to come with you ... "

"Jieunnie .. you start again. if you come it will hamper the treatment. For feeling guilty at your husband .. "Mr. Lee shook his head to hear a lecture from her for the umpteenth time. And stare at Luhan gently. Suggests that Luhan will keep his promise to keep her as long as he wasn’t in korea.

"But Appa Luhan can take care of himself why I have to stay here with him .." Jieun still trying. Mr. Lee hit her head slowly.

"This kid. of course you have to be here. You're his wife. And the couple should be together. "This time Jieun just silent. Her effort has been no mean, her dad will still go on without her for the time she didn’t know. How long to recover. but for the sake of his healthy Jieun didn’t has any problem with it. her father would be willing to undergo treatment and surgery is enough for her. Most important is he can healthy again.

"You heard.. appa has called for boarding. Jieun .. "Jieun reverie interrupted when her father warm hand touching the surface of her left cheek. She looked at her father's eyes were already aging but She’s capturing the emission worries there.

"You have to keep yourself well. And obey what your husband said. Do not make him overwhelmed with your stubborn attitude. And don’t be too much studying you also need to have fun like kids your age do. Forgive appa, because of dad you have to live like this ... "

Jieun burst into her father's arms. Couldn’t hold back tears when she saw the look of regret on his face. "If the operations is not running like what we expect, you must stay alive to be happy even happier." Whispers her father made her increasingly unable to resist her tears.

"No Appa. You will recover and I was waiting in korea. I will do all that you wanted me to do. You don’t need to worry about me, here Luhan who will also look after me. "Jieun took off her father's arms and looked at him with an expression that was more confident and brave. With a small smile Jieun let her father go. She has to confidence that her father would be fine. Because that's all she's have, just faith that makes her survive. She will still pray for healing of her father. Because she was sure God would not give a trial for his people beyond the limits of his people. At least that's what she had read of a book and it makes her stronger.

Luhan hold Jieun's hand with gentle movements awaken her from her reverie. He stared at Jieun gently and smiled. The smile that makes Jieun become stronger.

 

 

 

Now two couples  just silence, Luhan just staring straight ahead to the highway to their residence while Jieun staring out the window with a blank stare. Because now she was thinking about something. Thinking about how the circumstances of her father. She was still afraid, but hastily she throw the thought. He had to believe her father will recover. Because that's the only way for the treatment running smoothly. To bring healing needed faith. Believe is the most important thing was that Luhan said to his father last night when she and Luhan mer her father to take the operation.

After knowing if her father sick Jieun rush bringing Luhan to convince her father to go for treatment in Singapore. Jieun very grateful because Luhan so determined to convince her father last night until her father finally relented and do the treatment. She remembered how Luhan with a confidence face said to her father if he would take care of her. Ah yes, she remembered earlier she had told her father that he doesn’t need to be keeping worried about her because she has Luhan. That makes her become a little shame because she was in full awareness say it in front of her husband. she felt embarrassed because she say it by her own lips.

"Ah othoke ..."

"Waeyo?". Luhan asked staring Jieun with a puzzled look.

"Ani. That, I .. I hope you do not think what I said was serious. "

"what words?" Jieun bit her lower lip to form a straight line.

"If you're going to take care of me. I hope you will not feel burdened with the words. it's just that so my father wasn’t worried. "Luhan smiled to hear an explanation from his wife and also happy because it seems her heart already softener, seen from the vocabulary she used. Not as cold and not as rude as usual.

"You're so cute. Didn’t I from the beginning had promised to take care of you. "Luhan looked at her with a tender look like before and it was enough to make Jieun be uneasy for some reason. Jieun hastily turned her attention back to the various trees that lined up neatly on the edge all the way.

After 30 minutes journey, finally Jieun and Luhan up in their comfortable home. Jieun stepped out of the car with her head down. The look on her face grief and Luhan aware of it. but may Jieun need time alone to calm down.

After opening the door and welcome her to come into the house, the noise from the tv room make Luhan and Jieun frowned. What's wrong with their house ?. No, rather, who is making noise in their home ?.

Jieun runs lagging behind Luhan towards the tv room, and what she saw made her round her eyes perfectly. The Tv room that usually always clean and tidy now changed like the ship broke with various snack packs on the table even on carpet, a few drinks cans. And the worst couple of bodies lying irregularly. Hyperbole but at least it look like that for Jieun. And Jieun really do not like what she saw but she was also confused. And aren’t they are friends of Luhan ?. For what they come into her place again ?. do they want to insult her again ?.

"YA! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE ?. "shouts Luhan make Jieun which is right behind him surprised, the same as the four Namja who now stood staring Luhan and Jieun with a look of guilt. Jieun also feel sorry for them just a little.

"Gege .." the same voice came from the same person, Namja that ever makes her felt hurt. very easy to remember the faces of the Namja, Namja with panda eyes.

Luhan walked up to four friends. With the movement is stable, he folded his hands in front of his chest asked for an explanation.

"We came here to apologize." Said the fourth Namja with head bowed. Jieun fairly gasped at their statement. What they really sincerely want to apologize ?. Or is this because of  Luhan ?.

 

 

 

 

"So you all came here to apologize ?." Question Luhan make all the attention directed to Namja that is now sitting in one of the chairs in the dining room. The look on his face remained as calm and cool as before making Jieun sitting next to him feel awkward. She was not used to seeing this kind of attitude from Luhan. while the fourth handsome Namja nodded at Luhan’s question.

"But why no one from you start to apologize?." Ask Luhan again.

"Gege .. not but Jieun-ssi we're sorry. Actually, only I were got a blame at, I've hurt your feelings unintentionally. And forgive me for just now apologize directly to you. "Jieun stunned with the sincere request from this Namja who has a scary face, but turns out this boy didn’t as scary as she thought. Even when apologize, Jieun could see there was a puddle of water on his eyelids it makes Jieun so do not have the heart.

"Eum ... there's nothing to forgive. You also inadvertently and besides what you say is true. I’m indeed not attractive. "And like that the honest words of Jieun makes four Namja round their eyes. While Luhan just smiled faintly knowing sometimes she’s very honest. He knows his Jieun not intend make them become more and more guilty. But yeah, that's Jieun.

Tao increasingly slump down in his seat.

"That's not what I meant." Tao replied softly. The atmosphere became very awkward with Jieun that only silence. Isn’t she had already said it didn’t matter so why this guy in front of her even more limp like that ?.

"But, why are you down like that ?. nothing wrong in what I said right?. I don’t need to forgive you because you're not wrong. Because there is no one who even apologized to me after saying if I am fat ... "atmosphere still growing even awkward. Now not only guilty but also pity. But Jieun not need pity, rush Jieun continued her speech after seeing the pity stare of the Namja devoted to her.

".. But if the words I forgive you  makes you feel better then I would say. Luhan’s Friends I forgive you. I forgive you .. "

"Tao. Just call me Tao. "Jieun smiled when she saw the changed expression of Tao become happy.

"Tao-ssi .."

Luhan looked at her with a tender look, finally he could see the actual Jieun again. finally he could introduce his friends to his wife that he loved. Luhan were still staring Jieun are now being quietly ate her food didn’t know if his friends looked at him strangely.

"Jieun-ssi ..."

"Nae. Lay-ssi? "

"Ah no, I just wanted to ask how old you are actually ?."

"YA ... gege why are you asking something privacy ?." Lay, Namja with dimples was just staring at Chen with a puzzled look.

"What is asked her age including privacy thing ?." Jieun smiled at Luhan’s friends behavior.

"YA.. you guys. eat your food and get out of here. "Tao, Chen, Lay and Xiumin just pout at Luhan who still seemed cold.

"17 years. What do you want to ask again Lay-ssi ?. "Jieun ignore Luhan and asked Lay with a little smile makes Luhan stunned. Jieun never even smiled at him and now this girl smiling at Namja that she recently knows ?.

"Ya.. why are you smiling at him ?." Asked Luhan make Jieun frowned as with all four of his friends were staring Luhan confused. What's wrong with this Namja? is he stupid. They think simultaneously.

"Waeyo ?. Why I can not smile at Lay-ssi ?. You're a very weird. "Jieun shaking her head while eight eyes just looked at her and Luhan interchangeably.

"You never smiled at me before. I am the husband just always you left off. And now you're even offered Lay whether he wants to ask a lot of things about you. "Luhan pursing his lips and it looked very cute. But for the four friends that looks ridiculous and very not Luhan they know.

"Huh,,, unbelieveable. Actually, what are you fighting over Lu ?. "

Lu?

"Hahaha ... what I hear. Lu ?. Luhan gege, you’re really didn’t like if anyone call you by that name. "Tao back laughter when remembering ridiculous face of Luhan. Did Luhan being jealous with his best friend. Very rare and unbelieveable.

"Is it true ?." "Shut up !."

Tao stop from laughing and nodded. Chen are still confused with the awkward atmosphere that to start again he just quietly eating his food. While Xiumin been eating his food wasn’t considering the issue of the couple again.

"But, what's wrong with your face ?. gege" Question of Lay suddenly it makes Jieun see the face of her husband who looks confused.

"Waeyo ?. My face ?. "Luhan his left cheek there is a wound.

"right cheek, wounded."

"Ah, oh ... yesterday I accidentally fell in the bath room." Luhan replied awkwardly.

"You like Lay gege. Very careless. "Said Tao and stuck his tongue out towards Lay.

"YA."

Jieun without the knowledge of the Namja was just looking at her husband's face, was that wound because of her?

***

 

 

Jieun sitting on the edge of her bed, staring straight ahead. Staring at her reflection in the mirror. She's been through so much in this year. ranging from dating and eventually she must getting hurt by Sehun. she learned what the name of love and heartbreak. And the thing she could not believe it until now, at the age of 17 years she had become the wife of a person. Even someone who never she dreamed of would become her husband. No, not because Luhan is a person who is not good, otherwise Luhan is just so perfect for a girl like her.

He is a very handsome man. He, the man who is so full of love. He is a man who is very attentive to her. Even for her he’s a super perfect man and in fact all her cold treatment to Luhan is just a shield.

She needs a shield so that the next time if all of Luhan treatment is just false, she think it will less pain than before when she was betrayed by Sehun. Luhan’s caring attitude scared her to fall into the same hole, because it is very easy for anyone to love a man like Luhan. But she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to love anyone other than her father and herself. she wants to be a selfish girl like she should be.

But it looks like a shield that has been established since the beginning started to gradually collapse although not yet fully collapsed. The memory when Luhan’s warm hug last night, making her become warmed. Luhan soft soothing words made her unconsciously want to always trust anything that comes out of that pink lips. and again, her rebelling attitude toward him but he still patient with her make her even more feel guilty.  And when she made him got a hit in his soft cheek.

"Ah yes,, the wound."

Jieun stood up from her seat and walked out of her room. Climb down the stairs of her house. Looking for something in a small cupboard in the kitchen of her house. Then back up the stairs to walk through the door of his room. There are doubts that makes her quite in a long time standing in front of the door that has the same paint color to her door. Her right hand clenched just floating in the air. Finally, just nod her head that she did. Weakly she turned and walked away from the door of his room.

She couldn’t. not because of ego as usual but this time for fear. She was again afraid to express her caring at Luhan. She does not want to yield to him.

Jieun back to sit in the same place on the edge of the bed, she put the first aitkid on the left side of her clean white bed.

"Stupid. Jieun you're a coward. "

She realized actually it is not hard to show her concern for people who have to be nice to her. But this person is her husband that she didn’t want from the beginning. Because Luhan is too good and also has a thought  like a child she doesn’t want to make Luhan be misunderstood. But is Luhan really innocence or she just being fooled again?. Just like Sehun ?.

Ah, Sehun again. she was tired with all that reminded her of the handsome boy. she gave her whole heart to that boy and that which made her unable to forgive Sehun until now.

"Appa ... bogoshipoyo .."

Jieun still staring blankly towards her reflection  in the mirror. She was tired but all the things that bothered her to keep her awake. Until an object hanging over the left frame of the mirror makes her frowned.

Isn’t that a phone strap she made to Sehun. actually it’s the same phone strap she made for her and Sehun. she made two pairs.

"Why did it get there ?. Isn’t that thing gone ?. "Jieun walk take the phone strap, observing it a minute. Phone strap she gave to Sehun as a gift for the first time. She still remembers how happy Sehun when receiving her gift. smile that expands when watching the phone strap. very cute like a kid. And all of it is just acting ?. Sehun very adept at acting. Smart girl like Jieun  could believe with all Sehun’s fakeness. or actually it was just that Jieun who just plainly stupid, fooled by her love.

Stop of reverie Jieun squat fumbling something under her bed. A large enough box, she open and it turns out it is something that she still can not discard. All memories with Sehun, teddy bears, bracelets couples, even a headband with bunny ears. Sehun photographs she took by herelf. And one more thing that she loves the most an ipod that Sehun give to her. All songs are selec by Sehun for her to hear. In the ipod so many songs that remind her of their memories.

She parted her  black hair behind her ear, and put the earphones in both ears.

 

(please listen to I’m in love by IU * Narsha cover….)

to be honest from the first time we met

saying i like you was not easy for me to do

if i do not approach you first i was afraid of losing you

I wrote letters and prepare small gifts for you

if my love for you goes any deeper

it would only hurt me more

its true my mind is full of fear

I pray with all my heart

the person that i'm hoping for

i believe that person is you

i'm in love

i fall in love

there's no way around it

i can not hide my heart

you're so beautiful

i thought i never gonna fall in love

but i'm in love

cause i wanna love you baby

thruthfully from the first time i met you

somewhere inside my heart

you crashed like a strong wave

you're the only thing i think about all day

i can be a good lover wanna be your four-leafed clover

i will make you feel like the happiest woman in the world

you gotta believe me make you never gonna leave me

i will not make you promises

i will just show it to you

i'm in love

with you baby

i fall in love

there's no way around it

 

 

 

The song that she and Sehun listened when school breaks, on the roof of the school building. Gentle gusts of wind that blows some hair bangs of Sehun make it wobbling. Very handsome and cute. She who carried away unconscious already embarrass herself with planted a gentle kiss on Sehun’s  left cheek . at that time she was really embarrassed and scared too. Afraid if Sehun be angry because she kissed him without his knowledge. But when  Sehun just opened his eyes and smiled at her. Tell Jieun stupid for thinking if Sehun also want it. But if she remember it now, it certainly that Sehun very disgusted at that time. he would have been condemned Jieun in his head.

"What are you doing ?. I knocked on the door several times but no answer. "

Jieun reverie was interrupted when a soft voice reached her ears. Somehow suddenly she became nervous. She was listening to the song memories with Sehun. while in her lap a few things related to Sehun have got the attention of Luhan.

"What is it ?." asked the handsome husband.

"Ani ... nothing ?." She answer potluck.

"Then I can see it." Luhan walked over to Jieun, but fastly she close the box.

"Why do you react like that ?. you made me even more curious about the contents of the box. "Luhan tilted his head to just peep box whish already covered.

"Aniyo ... don’t come too close to me." With a quick movement Jieun hide the box that is large enough into the back of her body.

"WAE ..." Luhan again behave like a child. But Jieun who had been just look at Luhan injured  right cheek. Not aware if Luhan quickly took the box from her. Like winning the lottery Luhan smile very wide as he raised his hands as high as possible when Jieun trying to take it from him.

"YA ... YA ... what are you doing act like a kiddo." Said Jieun while trying to take the box back.

"You also kiddo. Why are you so stingy, I just want to see the contents. I'm not going to take it or ruin it Jieunnie ... "Tired with Luhan’s  persistent attitude Jieun relented and sat back in her bed. Luhan smiled in victory. He turned from Jieun then opened the contents of the box. and what he saw not make him happy as his expected.

The pictures of a man he believed was Sehun make him upset and hurt. dolls and other objects definitely giving by Sehun. It’s turns out Jieun feelings towards him hasn’t gone because she completely still keep all the memories about them. Why he feel hurt?.

"You’ve seen it. Now return the box to me. "Jieun sighed when no reply from Luhan.

"Hey ..."

"Why do you still keep it ?." Luhan’s question that actually she had already knew would be ask before making her not know why be feeling guilty. Especially when the deer's eyes looked at her with hurt. Then lightning speed turn into a blank stare.

"I ... I didn’t save it. But I forget not throw it away. "Why did she have to lie. Jieun thought.

Luhan smiled crookedly and then give it back to Jieun.

"I can help you throw it if you want. Or should we burn it, it will make it disappear completely. "

"I can throw it by myself." Jieun replied softly, reinserting Sehun ipod also her made phone strap into the box.

Luhan just nodded and sat down beside Jieun. no sound coming out of each Luhan and Jieun’s lips. tired by the awkward atmosphere, Jieun relent and start a conversation.

“How’s your wound ?."

"my wound?"

" Your cheek ... sorry. I didn’t mean to do it. "

"Ah, this is not a big thing. It's just a scratch. "

Silent.

Why with Luhan. He was very silent than usual. Jieun stared at him a glance. Indeed it is dry, but she believes that the wound has not healed. In fact, she believes Luhan not treat it and allow it to heal itself.

"Aw ..." Luhan were shocked when his right cheek, exactly the wound feel something. He stared at Jieun who his wound cheek slowly that has been plastered with plaster by Jieun.

"Why are you yelling. I just stuck to the plaster so that it will recovery soon. "

"That's because you startled me." Luhan smiled, the plaster on his cheek dreamyly.

"You're weird." Seeing Luhan’s funny act make Jieun smiling. And it was not missed by Luhan sight.

"Finally you smile, and that’s because of me."

"You are so corny you know ... haha." Jieun laugh and Luhan see it. Very cute Luhan thought.

"I think I was very cool."

 

***

Hay Guys.... sorry for the long hiatus. but I'll try to more update this story and my other story.

Thank you Guys....