First trust

I Love You!, Whoever You Are

Jieun and Luhan’s relationship were not getting better, they even pretended didn’t know each other like stranger. Actually it wasn’t Luhan who tried ignoring Jieun. But Jieun who always tried to keep away from her husband .

But Luhan didn’t just give up, he still tried to apologize even though he still didn’t have any clue why Jieun suddenly angry with him.  Is that Because the question at that time or it was because the incident they met by accident at an art exhibition with Yoona .

No exceptions to this day, Luhan was went home earlier than usual now waiting for his wife to get into their house. He knew it, if during the afternoon his wife will play with chocho in gardens . Although annoyed by the presence of a cat in his house which makes him kept sneezing and also made Jieun DIRECTLY  busier and no time for him. But what could he do ? .

Hah, this was his fate for being married with a teenage girl. Especially a teenage girl like Jieun. A girl who hard to guess, a rude girl and a girl who always said didn’t have a heart .

Luhan calmly still waiting for his wife to get into the house and then he could ask her to make conversation with him once again . Oh , he even forgot how many times he tried to make the conversation with his wife.

Luhan smiled, he didn’t believe it either. Why he could in a situation like this .

Being around Jieun , Luhan became a different man . He didn’t know where was his childish and annoying attitude came from. he didn’t know where was his naughty’s smile would appear so easily on his face when he confronted his wife. Oh ... God ... he also had no idea if he would to feel so happy just by  seeing Jieun who would respond his joke. Maybe if his friends or people who know him saw the attitude of him when he was near Jieun, they wouldn’t believe the man was Xi Luhan.

The Luhan they know were smart, quiet and difficult to approach. And the most important was the Luhan  they know wouldn’t begin to make a conversation with women unless if it was for a works business or merely as a formality greetings. So what did Jieun have that could make Luhan who had the same coldness attitude as her seems to be childish and annoying man like this?. A fat girl who has a disrespectful attitude and a daughter of a mafia.

" Should I bring chocho tomorrow to the vet ... " Luhan daydreams stopped when he heard the small voices coming from his right side . Luhan smiled at his wife, who still didn’t aware of his existence who was sitting in the living room’s couch .

" What's wrong with chocho ? Is it sick ? " Jieun a little startled by the sudden sound came from Luhan . But once aware of Luhan’s presence who was now  looking at her with a frown. Jieun just stared at him with a straight face .

" None of your business . " She answered calmly.

" Hey .... Jieun . stop being cold to me . I 'm sorry if I made you not happy with my words last time. can you just forget about it and start a friendship with me?." Said Luhan but this time his voice was so calm. Unlike the usual whining or sulking .

" I do have this trait did you forget it? . " with that Jieun intend to resume her way into her room. But Luhan rushed to hold her back by holding her hand.

" You weren’t being cold at that time. and I know you're not a girl who have such a cold heart like what you always say to the whole world."

Jieun issued a smirk . And looked back at Luhan as if challenging.

"You only know me for ... eum ... two months?. But you assume as if you know me more than I know myself?. Stop bugging me Lu…. Let this ten months marriage end smoothly. Don’t use the feeling here, especially the feelings of pity and guilt. Just act like people who do not know each other. Then everything will be easy for me and also for you . " Jieun replied coldly. She knew very well she was being very mean to Luhan but just being like this she wouldn’t getting hurt in the future. She didn’t need a man or friends in her life. She just wanted it all ends soon so she could have a new life in America after the marriage ended.

" But I can’t pretend doesn’t care while I care . " Luhan replied in a small voice. He felt hurt by hearing Jieun’s words. and for a moment he felt guilty remembering his cold responds to the women who tried to approach him. So, did they feel hurt like this when he rejected them with a cold shoulders?.

" Lu , you have everything that women want from a man. And I think a girl in Art exhibition has a feeling to you. So you don’t have to waste your breath just for a girl like me. After this contract end you can freely date her in public. But I hope for at this time don’t pull out your fangs yet when we were married and my father is still entrust me to you." Jieun released Luhan’s holding and began to resume her way back to her room.

 

" Perhaps... just perhaps.. you are….  jealous? " Said Luhan still didn’t budge .

Jieun’s step stopped again , and now a tinge of anger in her face glows. She smirk then turned her face away .

" I'm not jealous. And, I also have no right to be jealous. You're free to date and having a relationship with anyone…

.. I think you have to read the contents of our contract again . " With that, Jieun continued her steps and wouldn’t stop her steps again for this time. Hearing all his stubbornness only makes her angry. And… confused.

Luhan’s shoulders down instantly hearing the answer from his wife . Why she had to remind him about that damn contract that he didn’t even want to remember. This is,,, His own feeling was puzzled him. Pain in his chest made ​​him hard to breathe. His eyes were burning like crying. Heck... he didn’t even remember the last time he cried. And at the age of 24 years he was crying and it was just because of a high school girl’s words?.

Jieun closed the door quietly. She stood still, leaning her back on her door. Gritting her teeth to contain her emotions. All the words that she hurled at Luhan was true. But she didn’t expect it, if her heart would really cold like this. She didn’t expect she could talk something painful like that. or it just her own thought, who thought that she had talked too mean to her husband when she saw the look of sadness on her husband eyes?. But for what Luhan must have felt pain with her words?. Luhan might not like her right?. That was impossible. Luhan, a perfect man like him for having crush on a girl like her and moreover that was just in two months right?. Her grip on the door knob slowly released. Jieun weakly walk over to her bed. Hoping after resting her body all of her troubling thought would disappear after she wakes up from her sleep.

 

***

 

06.30 am, it was still too early to go to school. But Jieun like wasn’t considering the time that was still so early to go to school which started at 08:00 am was ready with her uniform that has been attached on her body. She walked down the stairs of her house. Didn’t realize that Luhan was also awake. No sound came out between them. They ate their breakfast in silence . Once finished with her breakfast Jieun stood up and walked away without speaking to her husband not even looked at him .

Luhan just sighed in disappoint. And stop his breakfast. For what he woke up early if an apology words didn’t come from his wife. Even if it was just a greeting or say hello maybe now he will smile with relief. Why was everything went even getting worse?.

 

 

***

Finished with school activities , now Jieun is sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus to come to take her home to her house so she could take chocho go to the vet. She sighed as she recalled what was happen in this morning. Why did Luhan up while normally he would up if the clock showed at 07.30 in the morning ? .

"I miss my dad .... " she muttered , knowing that if only her father who could make her let go all of her stress .

" ... Maybe chocho can wait until tomorrow. He didn’t look so sick right?. Just doesn’t have appetite?. " A smile formed on her face .

" Appa... I hope you're at home."Then she got into a bus that happens just come up. A bus that will take her to her father's house .

 

***

Jieun rang the doorbell of the house of his father . And went straight to his father's office after her maid opened the door for her.

" Appa .... Are you at home ? .... Appa ? " . Jieun opened the door of her father who wasn’t locked then looked up into the room. But didn’t find him there .

" Appa ... ? . " Jieun entered her father’s neat office. Then looking around the room with a hope might be he was in  the room but didn’t hear the call .

But after searching and didn’t find his father Jieun just sighed.

" I hope appa is not in illegal thing again this time .... " Jieun sat on his father’s seat. And smiled when she saw a frame of her small family in front of her on the table of her father room. Her parent, mother and father also herself. She gently the picture of her smiling mother from behind glass of the frame .

" Mom ... are you okay in there?." A drop of warm water melted from her eyes down her cheeks. She gently her cheek with the back of her hand then put the frame back on the table.

" Do appa still keep the family album in his office? " Jieun opened the desk drawer, where her father usually save their family photo album .

While searching for the album she saw some documents stacked in there, finally she could see the object she was looking for, she smiled at her family photo albums were still there, but when she want to take the album a brown envelope got her attention. That wasn’t because of the different color of the envelope to the other but that was because of an inscription on the envelope that made her curious. Seoul National University Hospital .

 

 

 

***

" Oh ... sweetie .... You come to visit your father ... are you with Luhan ? " Mr. Lee walked up to her side with a smile on his face .

" W - when ? ... Since when did you know ? " Asked Jieun with stuttering sound .

" Swett .... "

" WHEN ? " Jieun cried hysterically to his father . At him with eyes blurred with tears that have welled out .

"You ... know ? . " Asked Mr. Lee incredulously .

" Dad ... why didn’t you tell me about all of this ? .... why… you can be so cruel like this ....

Why didn’t you tell me earlier?.” Jieun closed her eyes, trying hard to ease her anger.

“When will you do the surgery?. I 'll go with ... "

" I'm sorry Jieun dear... but I can’t do surgery now. I can’t do surgery and accept the risk if something bad happens after surgery .... "

" What risk??? .... What’s bad thing ? .... " Jieun’s eyes almost pop up by hearing the answer from her dad. What was the purpose of his words?. Risk?.... Bad thing?. Did if he doesn’t do the surgery everything will be fine?. Did he want to leave her just like her mother? .

"You didn’t know my daughter.... All of things is not running smoothly . You are the daughter of a mafia , and I’m sure in the next a lot of people who want to harm you. If the operation isn’t going well, who’s going to keep your safe ... and ... and if later I .... "

" WAE ? ... W - why ? .... Why do you think the worst thing in the first time dad ... Whether?... What might if I didn’t find it out by myself, you're going to hide it until you die .... " Jieun widened her eyes, wasn’t believing what had just out of . Tears flowed heavily. No, that was impossible, her father couldn’t die , her father might not die .... Instantly all the bad thoughts popped into her head . made her distrait and disoriented. Made her brain went empty by instant. Seeing her father looked at her with a sad eyes and tears in both his eyes made ​​her felt guilty also angry at the same time .

For the last time Jieun staring at him before finally ran, left her father office and her father who slumped on the floor.

" I'm sorry Jieun .... " groaned Mr. Lee , as he recalled the look of betraying eyes in his daughter.

Jieun ran,,, wasn’t care about anything, just keep running. All the fact that she had just found makes her shaken. Angry, feel betrayed, also afraid come together fulfill on her head. She couldn’t understand why her life could be so pathetic like this . Only her father that she had but why God should give this big problem through his father's illness. She couldn’t .. she couldn’t lose her father. Now or later, she couldn’t lose her father . Why did her father who looks healthy can have a deadly disease ? . Why his father could have brain cancer disease? .

 

 

Jieun felt her legs shaking, with a limping step Jieun opened the door and walked slowly up the stairs to her room. She saw a photo frame of her father and herself, who was smiling happily looking at camera . Her tears flowing. Then she walked toward mirror in her room . Everything was like a bad dream , anger and fear into one, harshly Jieun rid all of that was in front of her. Shouted like crazy girl, ignoring everything that might be other person could hear her shout .

Didn’t  satisfied with screwing her ​​dresser, Jieun replaced by rummaging through her ​​bed, until she exhausted and finally fell limp on the cold floor in her room .

" Aaaahhhhhhhh ...

 Agrhhhh .... What have I done ? .... why like this .... " breathless , knowing everything was no use. Jieun cried, just stared ahead blankly. Her shoulders move along with her sobs.

 

 

 

" Jieun ..... " said a person who had just come into Jieun’s ruin room.

" GO ! ... " Said Jieun roughly.

That person was Luhan, he walked over to his wife who was silent . Then squatted in front of the girl who looks weak. Really, his heart hurt looking his wife's devastated condition.

" Jieun .... " he said sofly.

" I SAID GO AWAY.... " Shouts Jieun and looked up straight at Luhan’s face angrily . Even without her acknowledge her hands also move freely until accidentally hit her husband’s face.

" Ji ... "

"You already know everything… didn’t you? .... You already know that my father had brain cancer disease? .... Is that why you accept to marry me ? .... what my dad said to you until you want to marry me ? ... did he's begging you .... ? did he .... " Jieun couldn’t continue her words. When her body was in surround by warm embrace of her husband .

" Jieun calm yourself .... I know it hurt you . but you should be strong for your father and convinced him to do the operation while I couldn’t do it .... " Said Luhan tightened his embrace on Jieun body, while Jieun repeatedly tried to release her limp body from Luhan’s thigh but warm hug.

"You don’t know what I feel.... He is the only person that I have in this world . Why would he be so easy to give up and let the disease kill him ... " tired with her continues struggle for releasing herself from Luhan’s arm. Jieun could only sob in her every speech. Her hands hanging freely between Luhan’s hug.

" Shh ... Don’t talk like that ... I know this is hard for you . But you have to have trust, if God will help you. Your father would be healthy again. And I guaranty myself, I 'll come help you to convince your dad till he give up and will do the surgery . " With a low voice Luhan tries to reassure her, but Jieun was still able to hear it clearly.

Despite a bit didn’t belief but Jieun succumb with her mind and tried to trust the words of her husband for this time only. Feel the warmth of Luhan’s hug, that unconsciously warmed her heart . And for the first time she felt she could trust someone other than her father. Just for this time, let me trust this guy God, please save my father….. prayed Jieun in her heart.

 

 

Hiiiii…. Guys… sorry for my super late update…. I have busied recently.

Pls, keep support this story and my other story too, I’ll try to update so soon. But pls give something for me to read… thanks…

AND LIKE ALWAYS,,, SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE SPELLING OR MY GRAMMAR ERROR…..