Sorry

Runaway Daughter

The next day Seul Mi went to work as usual. When Joong Hyun came in she completely ignored him. She was glad she was just the receptionist and not his secretary or she would have had to talk to him. She wasn't really angry with him about yesterday. She just didn't want their relationship to pursue knowing it won't be pretty when he finds out about her true identity.

“'Seul Mi,” a voice called her from behind.

Seul Mi looked up from her pile of work. “Oh, hello Min Ho,” she greeted him with a smile. Her smile widened when saw him holding a bouquet of flowers. “Min Ho!” she exclaimed. She pushed her chair back and stood up. “I didn't know you fancied me,” she joked.

Min Ho chuckled. “Hate to burst your bubbles, but it wasn't from me.”

Seul Mi pretended to be upset. “But I really love you and I thought you loved me,” she touched her chest to make it dramatic. “You broke my teeny weeny heart!”

“I broke you heart? You broke someone else heart.” Min Ho held the bouquet out from her to take. She took it and put it on her desk. She then took the card that Min Ho showed.

“You read it?” she asked. He nodded. She looked down at the card. “Seul Mi, please forgive me, J,” she read out loud. She was really touched that he sent her a big bouquet. She thought this was going to be easy. Boy was she wrong!

“So who is this mysterious guy?” Min Ho pried into her thoughts.

“Someone,” she said not answering his question. She smiled inwardly thinking how romantic Joong Hyun can be. But she wasn't showing it. She looked at Min Ho. “Why don't you take it?” she said with much force. She never wanted to depart with the flowers but she had no other option. Min Ho stared at her in disbelief. “Either you take it or I throw it in the bin.”

Min Ho kept on staring. He couldn't believe that Seul Mi could be that cold. Without saying anything he picked up the bouquet and left for the top floor. There was no point wasting those gorgeous flowers, he thought grimly. He felt sorry for who ever sent it.

Joong Hyun sat impatiently at his desk. He was waiting for her call to say that she forgave him. After another ten minutes wait he got up frustrated that the flowers didn't work. He stepped out of his office and stopped mid step when Min Ho exited the elevator holding the same bouquet that he ordered for Seul Mi.

Min Young gasped at the huge flowers. It was covering half of Min Ho's body. “Who are those for?”

Min Ho froze at the spot. Just hearing Min Young's voice made his heart go pitter-patter. He gulped. “Urm... erm... They were Seul Mi's.”

“Seul Mi got flowers from someone?” Joong Hyun asked acting dumb.

Min Ho broke his gaze away from Min Young and looked at Joong Hyun. “Yeah, some guy gave it. She didn't want it. She said - and I quote - ‘either you take it or I throw it in the bin’. I didn't want it to go to waste.”

“I understand,” Min Young said. Min Ho grinned at her. “Look at the flowers. It's probably worth my months' salary.”

None of them were paying attention to Joong Hyun. Joong Hyun's heart sunk. She was going to throw it away. Was it that bad? Why wouldn't she just forgive him? Well, if she thought that just because she was being cold towards him he'll give up, she hasn't met a guy like him in her life. Seul Mi was the first woman that shook his world. She changed him into something good.

“Would you like to take the flowers?” Min Ho's voice broke into his thoughts.

“Thank you, yes I would,” Min Young took the bouquet into her arms. She admired it as if she won an award.

Joong Hyun left them having a small chat. He went to think of another way to win her over.


Seul Mi took a deep intake of another sharp breath. This was not happening to her. This was not happening to her. She chanted in her mind.

In front of her was the cutest puppy she had ever seen. The delivery man waited patiently for her to sign the form. She was close to tears. The delivery man had stated that this was the smallest puppy in the world. She had to sign and give a message back.

Seul Mi pulled herself together. She straightened her back and stood up to take hold of the puppy from the basket. It was a male brown and white puppy. She smiled at how adorable it was. She just couldn't give him away. Cutie. She chose to call it Cutie.  He was cute.

“Miss, is there a message you'd like the return?”

Seul Mi forced her gaze off the puppy. “Yes,” she said. “I'd like you to say that I'm keeping the puppy because it's too cute to return and no that doesn't mean I forgive him.”

The delivery man nodded and left. It wasn't his place to say anything. She did keep the puppy which was okay.

Seul Mi cuddled the puppy into her arm. She was so engrossed with the puppy that she didn't see Joong Hyun behind her. He had a smile on his face. She wasn't really angry with him, he believed. He was now determined as ever to know what's making her stay away from him.

His eyes travelled to the person who just came and stood next to Seul Mi. His eyes narrowed. It was Jamie Bower. Jamie worked at the 27th floor as the head of the graphic department. He wondered what Jamie and Seul Mi's relationship was.

“Hey, Seul Mi!” Jamie greeted cheerfully.

“Jamie! Hi!” she cried out.

“Who's this?” he patted the puppy.

“This is Cutie!” she introduced her new puppy happily.

“Cutie?” Jamie laughed. “Its suits him.”

“He's so adorable,” she cooed.

“Don't you have any work?” Jamie asked, frowning. He looked around.

“It's my lunch break,” she pouted. “Why are you so mean?”

“Sorry,” he said in a low voice. “It's just that the boss is behind us.”

Seul Mi froze up. She couldn't believe it. Slowly she rotated her chair and came face-to-face with Joong Hyun. She glared at him and held the puppy close to her heart as if Joong Hyun was going to snatch it away from her for not forgiving him.

Joong Hyun sighed. He was found sneaking behind. He stepped forward. “Miss Han, can I speak to you privately?”

Seul Mi caught her breath. Is he going to fire her? She didn't think he was that kind of person. But who was she to say? He was out to get revenge on her family. And he wasn't going to tell her why.

“Urm… I'll see you later, Seul Mi,” Jamie said. Without waiting for her to reply he waved and walked off hastily.

Seul Mi watched him go with wide eyes. She didn't think she could last a second alone with him before she makes up with him. With much force she turned to face Joong Hyun. Just upon seeing his eyes on her made her melt. The smile in the corner of his mouth made dry.

Joong Hyun's smile widened. Seul Mi knew that he knew how she was feeling making her blush now. She dropped her gaze to the puppy that now sat on her lap.

“'What is it you want to talk about?” she said.

“I was thinking we go out for lunch,” he suggested. He held his breath waiting for her to reject.

“Okay,” she said.

Joong Hyun gasped. Was it that easy?

“I can't say no to a free lunch.”

He spoke too soon. Of course it wouldn't be too easy.

“And I have something to say to you too. I don't think it's wise to talk about it here.”

What was it? Whatever it was he knew he wouldn't like it. But he didn't speak it out loud. He didn't want her to change her mind. Whatever it was, he could change it himself. He knew she liked him the same way he really liked her.

“Fine, let's go.” He led her to his brand new bike he recently bought after telling the doorman to take care of the puppy that was on a leach now. “Would you like to ride it?”

“No, thank you,” she declined within a heartbeat.

Joong Hyun shrugged his shoulder. He swung his leg over and got on. He revved the bike while she put on her helmet and got on behind. He was disappointed that she chose to hold the bar behind that hold him. He fastened his helmet.

“By the way Cutie is a great name for the puppy.” He snapped the helmet shut covering the smirk on his face. He zoomed off onto the road. Seul Mi was glad that he wasn't looking at her or he would have seen her jaws fall.