05 Kyumi & her friends

When You're Too In Love To Let Go

 

 

 

It's been two months after the break up but Kyumi still haven't move on. He friends had tried to cheer her up but none of them succeed. The once cheerful and full of smile girl had turned into an emotionless and broken girl. Her parents were worried about her and every night, they can hear her cry herself to sleep. She was loosing weight and the bags under her eyes worsen by the day. “Kyumi ah, you have to eat something. You're too skinny.” Bora said as she raise the spoon near her lips but she politely push it away. “I'm not hungry.” Rina rolls her eyes and slam her hand out on the study table in Kyumi's room, startling Bora and Yoonji. “Yah. Han Kyumi. How long are you going to act this way? He dump you. So what? Big whoop!”

Rina!” Yoonji scolded but Rina kept on going. “We told you from the start that Jungkook only has eyes for you and that Jonghyun guy is not to be trusted but you wouldn't listen. Now look where that brought you.” Kyumi stayed silent as she look out her window and that irritated Rina even more. “Aish this !”

Rina!” she glare at both Bora and Yoonji and point at Kyumi. “Why are you protesting her for?! She's killing herself! That just show how much we mean to her! She rather die than live to learn from her mistakes! We mean nothing to her for her to live!” a sob left Kyumi's lips and she looks at Rina with tear filled eyes. “Don't say that.” she whisper. “Don't say what?! That we mean nothing to you?! That's what you're showing though!”

I don't mean too. It's just....” she broke into more sobs and she put her fist on her chest. “I know it's my fault but I was insecure! He's an idol for crying out loud!” Bora rubs her back comfortingly and Kyumi slowly calms down. “I love him, Rina. I love him so much that it hurts.” Rina sigh and kneel beside her bed. “Then stop hurting yourself. I know for a fact that he's as broken as you are right now.”

How could you know?”

Let's say I have a very good hunch.” Rina smile softly and Kyumi return the smile with one of her own. “Kyumi, if you truly love Jungkook, do you think he'll want to see you like this?” it took Kyumi a while before she shake her head. The room was silent for a while before Kyumi sigh heavily. “I'll try to go back to my old self but no promises though.”

You trying is enough for now.” she smile at Yoonji and reach for the porridge when Bora takes the bowl away. “Nope. I'll be feeding you until you fatten up a bit.” they laugh at that and just like that, the tension disappear.