Y - Mother

Coup D'etat

They dumped me into a cold room—its ceilings were broken, and you can’t even see any closed window. It’s so freezing—I need to get out from this ing freezing place or I’ll get an asthma attack.

But before I could run away from them—they closed the door and locked me inside.

It’s a horrible place to stay—dark grey walls with opened ceilings and windows—with dusts and woods dumped there also insects which bothered me so much since I walked in. Not walked—it’s actually dumped.

I sit as far as I could from the window. The wind blows and made my body shakes a bit. I’m shaking—I’m thinking of laying down on the floor and hug myself so I can feel some warmth from my own body. At least I’m not shaking hard—and asthma wouldn’t attack me.

I was thinking of my dad—how could he be so mean to be? He’s not someone I’ve told in front of people if I’m proud of him—he was someone I used to tell to my little friends back in my life as a child. But he’s going to sell me as a geisha—no, I won’t let anyone touch me. Let me die because of asthma attack. Let me die because of a heart attack—I’d rather die—it’s better than beinga  cheap woman selling her body just for money.

What the .

The one I’m thinking of right now is Junmyeon. Luhan just popped out from my mind for a second then my thoughts about him were gone and replaced by images of Junmyeon and things I love from him. Actually he has nothing good on him, for God’s sake he has nothing to be proud of. He’s a spoiled brat—he is.

“Mom, if you were here, these things won’t happen,” I whispered to myself as I hugged my own feet—warming myself. “I shouldn’t let you die...”

No words can describe how much I missed my old family—when my dad isn’t blind for money and when my mom still cooks for us and how I usually popping my head out from behind my dad’s desk just to shock him and he was used to laugh at me then he’ll carry me and then pushed me inside the swimming pool then we went so wet—then mom will usually join us and cook warm soup after swimming.

Therefore, I miss him. It all changed when my grandfather decided to give my father all of his coal mining and steel factories. My dad was used to have only the little part of steel company; but my grandfather felt guilty for not sharing his company with his son. Before he died, he wrote a letter for my dad—son, the coal mining and the steel factories I owned, are now yours.

Then he became so busy—he came home late, and never take care of me and my mother again.

She usually picks me up at school at three o’clock in the afternoon, but she didn’t bring the driver along with her and she decided to take the city bus. She said, she want to teach me how to adaptate with normal social life and she wants me to stand alone by myself and she wants me to act like normal person. But it all ends with her death.

I moved closer to a chair dumped far from the window—and tried to take some twigs fell near the chair. I tried to make a fire like people usually do on scouts camps—but the twigs were wet and you can’t make a fire with wet twigs.

“Hungry?” asked a woman—she opened the door—after I dumped here for about one hour. “So sorry, my dear. I can’t let you go—they will torture you more if I set you free. Here’s your food,” she said—she puts a tray next to the door. “Tell me what’s your name.”

“Y-Yeonhyo. Lu Yeonhyo,” I replied with a low tuned voice. “Who are you?”

“I’m... I’m Luxiao’s maid,” she replied with a small smile. “Before—I’m his wife.”

I widened my eyes and suddenly stands up. “You—you’re my mother in law?” I asked. “Where’s Luhan? I need him, please tell me where he is.”

“You are Luhan’s wife?” replied the woman—whom she claimed to be my mother in law. “I’m Xiaming—call me Xia, or anything you want, my dear. They’re not here—I think we can spend our time together, shall we? You looks cold,” she said in a worry—she went out from the room and came back with a thick blanket. “Here—I’ll cover you.”

“Th—thank you.”

“I can’t believe he’s an adult already, after being locked up here for twenty years—I haven’t met him yet, my dear,” she said. “He must be thinking if I’m gone...” she murmured then she sits beside me. “Come here, I’ll spoonfeed you.”

“It’s okay—I can eat by myself.”

“Your hands were freezing and you’re not supposed to touch hot metal spoon after being locked inside this freezing room for one hour and half.”She takes the tray. “I made you a soup, Yeonhyo. Say aa~”

I smiled and opened my mouth—as she put the soup inside my mouth. “Thank you,” I chewed the vegetable and glanced at her. “I’ve never receive things like this from someone—I have no mother, and my dad killed her. He’s the one who gave me lots of materials but he also gave me pain, should I kill him?” I asked in a shaking voice.

“Luhan thinks if I’m dead while giving birth to him.”

“He said you are kidnapped,” I replied. “And he’s not going to search for you because of his dad.”

“How’s life with him?”

. Should I tell her about our accident—we went drunk and slept on the same bed without doing anything unpolite but people misunderstood it.

“Good,” I replied. “Our baby boy is coming in five months,” I replied, pointing at my stomach.

“Ouch! They shouldn’t do this to you!” She yelled. “You are pregnant? I’m going to be a grandmother for you child,” she said. “But I will never meet him again—they will lock me up here again, or even kill me—or selling me in human traffickings market.”

I moved closer to her and laid my head on her shoulder. “I’m not hungry, Mom.”

Did I just call her Mom?!

“You have to eat,” she said—in a soft voice. “You have to, or you’ll get sick.”

“I’m just not feeling it,” I replied.

“Then, eat for you baby and not for you,” she said.

“Oh, you two were here. I thought you understood me,” someone came and smirked. “Dare enough to disobey your dad, my dear?” he asked. “I’ve killed your mother—you want me to kill you too?!”