L - Ahjumma's Help

Coup D'etat

Welcome to North Gyeongsang.

After twelve hours trip—I finally gave up and I thought we’ll stay in a homestay in North Gyeongsang. I actually don’t know where to go—at least we’re safe. I turned left and stopped in front of an old house—there’s a small board with a text upon it—‘motel’.

“We’re going to stay here today,” I said.

“Yeah, great idea. I need some sleep. Junmyeon, wake up,” said Yeonhyo calmly—she touched Junmyeon’s knee. “We’re arrived.”

“Where are we?” he asked—opened his eyes.

“Mungyeong—North Gyeongsang. Now, wake up. I’ll get inside this house and asked for two days rent,” I replied and opened the car’s door—but an ahjumma already stood near my door. “Hello, ahjumma. What can I do for you?”

“No, son. What can I do for you? Your license plate is from Seoul. Are you looking for a homestay?” she asked.

I coughed and stared at Yeonhyo for a while.

“Yeah—I think,” I coughed.

“Then come in—I’ll make you some tea,” she smiled.

“Thank you,” I replied with a smile. “Come on, Yeonhyo—I’ll help you with our luggage. Brat, wake up,” I shouted at Junmyeon.

--

“Here’s your tea, and enjoy!” the ahjumma smiled and left us in a medium sized room with two beds; one queen-sized bed and one single bed. It has high ceilings and its floor made from woods; the ahjumma placed some paintings on the wall. It was a nice place though it’s not as big as my bedroom that I shared with Yeonhyo.

“This room is—”

“Stop,” said Yeonhyo. “I’m tired, I want to sleep, at least do something you can do without bothering me and Luhan,” she lied on the big bed and pulled the blanket while I’m turning the tv on.

“Official announcement of the new president. Luxiao is being the president right now while Han Yeongshik will do his new job as Korea’s prime ministry. Kim family—the previous president family is now at the hospital—except Kim Junmyeon who’s missing.”

Yeonhyo pulled her blanket and closed her ears with the pillows—she don’t want to hear the news and she tried to sleep.

“,” I murmured—and took my phone—typed Xiumin hyung’s phone number. “Hello, hyung?”

“Yeah?” he replied. “What happened?”

“My dad—.”

“What’s with him?” he replied. “He’s... he’s sitting as the president right now? How it could be?” he asked.

“I don’t know, dude,” I replied. “Now I’m in Mungyeong. I’ll text you the address—we’ll move tomorrow. They said that Junmyeon is missing and kidnapped by someone.”

“What? Well—I’ll suggest you Mokpo—a great place to hide though you have to drive for 24hours to reach that place,” said Xiumin. “And they won’t catch you for sure.” He sighed.

“Call you later,” I pressed the ‘end’ button and glanced at Junmyeon—who’s eating with no guilty feeling. That brat.

I sat next to Yeonhyo and I stared at her tired face for a while—she’s tired and pale. I hope she won’t get sick or something. I adore her based or her intelligence and her physical apparition; I know judging someone based on their physical apparition isn’t good, but her cuteness is overload and she’s also beautiful (and y).

“Excuse me, kids,” Ahjumma knocked the door. “Would you like to have some tea time with me and my husband? We’ll wait for you—it’s okay if you’re tired.”

“Yeah, ahjumma. Will be there in ten minutes,” I replied. “Yeonhyo, wake up,” I shaked her body a bit. “Ahjumma is preparing some snacks and tea for us three downstairs, wake up. Some tea will make you feel better.”

She moved and opened her eyes slowly. “I got headache,” she said.

“We can find some minimarkets here and I’ll buy you some pregnancy milk and I will find a pharmacy for you,” I replied coldly. “Don’t be such a spoiled brat.”

She stared at me and began to stood up slowly and went inside the bathroom—she started vomitting; I wonder how it feels like to be pregnant and being in this kind of situation. I felt a little bit guilty because I’ve been so rude to her.

--

“So, son. I’ve saw you before in tv—but I can’t remember you... ah—this kid.. wait, are you Kim Junmyeon? The son of the president?” ahjussi—the husband of the ahjumma asked.

“Eh, no,” I replied—lied. “He’s my relative—Suho. Kim Suho. I’m Luhan, yah, Luhan,” I said and faked a smile.

“Oh, that son of the successful businessman,” ahjumma said—she put a plate full of rice cakes. “Just eat, son. You might be hungry. And this must be Han Yeonhyo... oh, look. You’re so beautiful, darling. Are you sick?” she asked in a worry.

“No,” Yeonhyo replied. “I’m not sick, just tired, yah. Thank you for accepting us here, I appreciated your help, ahjumma.”

“It’s not a big deal—we love helping people,” said ahjussi with a laugh. “Hanmi, old on. Could you please turn the volume up?” he asked ahjumma to turn the tv volume up.

“Han Yeonhyo and Luhan aren’t here, they are kidnapped by someone and Kim Junmyeon is also missing. Anyone who see them, meet them or something please cal 013-445-6678,” a reporter said. “Please tell us where you met them, when and with whom they went to a place if you met them. Thank you.”

“You...”

“I can explain,” I replied coldly. “Firstly—I’m sorry, I lied. This is Kim Junmyeon—the son of the ex-president. We are keeping him away from Seoul, as far as possible. Yeonhyo received a task to protect the son of the president so this is her responsibility. Because I’m her husband, I also got responsibility to protect her so I accompanied her in this case. Second, if you want to kick us away from your house it’s okay.”

“Luhan, son. It’s okay. We’re so happy to help you too.”