L - A Video from Nowhere

Coup D'etat

“Yeonhyo got shot. Commonhealth Hospital, Platinum Room 1228.”

One day after the marriage she got shot.

I disliked her—but I won’t let her suffer. She’s a lovely girl—if you know her. But she’s not fragile like the others I knew. Well—if I don’t visit her and pretend like I care—tomorrow’s breaking news will be like ‘LUHAN=CARELESS HUSBAND?’. I don’t want it anymore, stop.

I parked my car and went inside the hospital—I visited his Commonhealth Hospital a lot in my past—since my aunt got cancer and she stayed here for a while before she died.

“It’s Luhan,” said Minyoung—when I opened the door. “Where have you been, dude?”

“Traffic jams,” I replied coldly. “Are you okay?” I asked Yeonhyo without looking at her. “I told you to quit.”

Yeonhyo’s eyes goggled. “No,” she replied coldly. “I won’t quit until I reveal what’s happening. Junmyeon’s mother was almost killed by someone—and he said that he’s a member of what, Minyoung—I forgot. They said that they’re related to someone who hacked the system and trying to kick the president from his chair—but they don’t know the person—they only know that he’s telling them what-to-do by phone and he put a suitcase filled with money somewhere.”

“You mean—BigBang?” asked Minyoung.

“Where’s that spoiled brat?” I asked coldly.

“With his mother.”

I sat beside her. “It’s 8PM already—go home, Minyoung. I’ll accompany her.”

“I’ll stay if her if you’re planning to go back to your condo,” said Minyoung.

“No, you got eyebags, just go back home. I’ll stay here, don’t worry. She’ll be okay tomorrow,” I replied—holding her hand.

I could kiss her or even make out with her but loving her in reality? No.

“Okay, then. Get well soon, Yeonhyo,” Minyoung said and took her jacket—smiled then gone.

“What happened?” I asked. “BigBang? That streetgangs. They are rude and bad—they girls and they killed people. We’re their enemy—they trafficking drugs and s—s—well, that dude named GD got caught with s that time.”

“Can you pass me my bag?” she asked. I reached her bag and gave it to her. “I’ll try to access the system.”

“Do it, then.”

She opened her mac and she’s clicking at her ‘mail’ icon—then the screen got blanked out. It was probably a video—or short of.

 

 

(1998 21 10)

Lee Kangrin’s

 

I can see a room in the video—a room that I knew—but I can’t remember it. There are two people there—the little girl and a woman. She’s beautiful and she has long hair—looked a lot like Yeonhyo? And there’s another little girl—she looked a lot like little Yeonhyo I saw in her picture in her mansion.

Yes, it was her and her mother.

“Gosh, I can’t stop this!” she screamed. “I don’t wanna see this! I don’t want to!” she screamed. “Luhan please take this away from me,” she started crying.

I took her mac and placed it on my thighs—I can see two people came inside the room and pulled Yeonhyo’s mother away.

“Umma!”

“Shut up you little ,” the man said—and took a knife from his partner. The man stabbed Yeonhyo’s mother—in her stomach. She screamed—I can see why Yeonhyo’s in a deep trauma. Yeonhyo closed her eyes but the other man pulled her and took a whip—then whipped her over and over.

“Stop, please, I beg you... ahjussi...” Yeonhyo cried. “NO! STOP HURTING MY UMMA!” she shouted when the other man who stabbed her stabbed her mother’s head and then pulled the knife back.

“Luhan... I can’t...”

Then the screen blanked out—again.

 

I’ll find you

And kill you.

 

Who the is going to find and kill her.

“It’s okay, no more pain, no more cry, okay?” I kissed her forehead. “Tomorrow you’ll be okay and you’ll stay at home. No escaping,” I said—and stared at her.

“I can’t see it anymore.”

“Now shut up, don’t be such a fragile woman,” I replied coldly—again. “No more cry—stop.”

--