L - We Went Drunk

Coup D'etat

Dad—he went home at three (not as usual) and asked me to get ready and we’ll go somewhere at 7. —I haven’t do the meeting yet.

“Luhan, are you done with your suits?” asked my Dad. “Hurry up—you’ll drive the car for me. Don’t drive too fast or you’ll give me a heart attack. We’ll go to the Han’s mansion.”

“Han who?” I replied. “Well—ask your own driver to drive slowly, not me. You know I’m not that type of calm guy. Plus, I skipped the meeting just for you. What’s so important? I came here for work not for your friends.”

He ignored me and he threw me the car key. “—can you just give it normally to me instead of throwing it? It almost hit my face,” I said—“Okay I’ll drive for you, but this is the last time I drive for you.”

--

I stopped the car and some securities helped us by opened the door for us and moved the car into the garage for us. Han’s Mansion; a big place—maybe the owner tried to make this place comfortable and looks luxurious, but for me this place looked a lot like a cheap places I found in urban areas in countries I’ve traveled.

The maids welcomed us and lead us to the dining room; when I saw two people inside. A man—my father’s age. He looked a lot like someone in Forbes Magazine as the most successful man ever. Oh—I know—he’s the owner of Han Coal Mining. And his wife died—killed by I don’t know. Why would I care?

And a girl sat next to him. She was quite beautiful, but I can see her dark aura. She looked a lot like someone I saw in the internet——I always know someone. I’m that smart or this is just a deja vu. I can’t remember her—who. No—I think I got the Alzheimer’s disease. Jokes.

“Oh—good evening, please sit down—long time no see, Lu.” The man my father’s age greeted both of us. “Yeonhyo-ah, this is my partner, Luxiao. He was the owner of Lu Weapons Company—please be polite to them.”

“Hey,” she replied with a greeting and she faked a smile. “Nice to meet.”

Her was quite big.

“Han! So your daughter is back from Oxford? Tell me, what happened when you’re there? And I heard that you’re now working as a first grade detective,” replied my dad—he sat in front of the Mr Han. “A charming police worked in Seoul’s Crime Lab.”

“Oxford was great,” she replied in a calm voice. “Yes, I am a police and detective, Mr Lu. How’d you know? I bet my Dad told you,” she replied with a huge smile (fake).

“Yes your dad did,” my father replied with a smile. “Luhan, this is a private conversation between me and Yeonhyo’s dad. And I think both of you can go out together and knowing each other better. Drive her around the city and I’ll call my driver.”

“Oh—that would be nice,” replied Mr Han with a huge smile. “Go—Yeonhyo.”

I’d rather do the meeting.

--

Yeonhyo was a silent girl (that’s my first impression about her). She’s always busy with her phone—that activity annoyed me so much.

“So where do you want to go?” I asked awkwardly.

“I don’t know,” she replied.

“Night club?” I asked—and smirked. “They said we can go anywhere we want.”

“Nice,” she replied.

I’m driving the car while she’s busy with her phone and sometimes she said such things like ‘’ or ‘’ or even ‘geez’—she was a rude girl and I know she’s rare and I only find someone like her now—a 20 years old woman who likes to tweet and she’s an investigator, also a young police and detective. She’s brilliant and I know she is since my dad said if she’s already graduated from Oxford—one of the best universities in this world.

I parked the car in the parking lot and went inside the night club with her. She ordered two bottles of whiskies—my favorite.

We went drunk and danced around and spent the night together—eventhough I don’t know her—she’s pretty enough to be my girlfriend, although she wasn’t my type. She only fit the type of ‘rude’ and ‘quite pretty’.

And we went to my private apartment downtown.


Hope you satisied after reading the chapter 2.