Birthday

Our Blind Arrangedmarriage

“It’s all fake about my grade and I’m doing this because of that witch”

“…”

“The witch tried to make her son no.1 in the whole school. So she tried to hurt me every ways to distract me from studying. She doesn’t want me to be better than her son. So in case to be safe I have to drop my grade bit by bit. I pretended not to study at school, started to be careless about class. I even slept during the class…”

“It faked”

“I really slept. But I had to study hard by myself at home. About my official grade, I asked principle for a fake result. So that my grade still the same due to my score but it was hidden. But she still kept trying to kill me until I could not hold on and ran to live in my grandpa’s apartment by myself”  

“You’re too smart, Jerk” I said. He raised his eye brow knocking my head.

“Ouch! What was that for?” I asked pouting.

“Because you’re stupid so that you think that the other is smart”

“Eh? You’re saying that I’m stupid?” I asked widening my eyes at him.

“Ah see? You’re getting smarter now”

“Yah!” I yelled hitting his forehead and ran away from him.

“Yah! How dare you hitting my head?” he said running toward me and I quickly rushed away from him.

“If you got catch, I’ll make sure you’re dead!” He hissed narrowing his eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and he continued to chase me. We ran around the couch then here and there until I felt tired and gave up. My stomach got hurt because of running and laughing. I held my stomach and sat down.

“Got cha!” Sehun jumped on my back and hugged me from behind laughing. I didn’t care since I was hurt so much.

“Jing, are you ok?” He asked as he noticed my expression.

“My stomach is hurt…” I said. Sehun turned my body to him and examined my stomach. I blushed and quickly pushed his hand away as he was about to touch my stomach.

“It’s just because I ran too much…” I said with red face.

“Really?” He asked worriedly.

“Mm” I nodded feeling better. Then I heard he chuckled. I raised my head to see him but in a blink of an eye he crushed his lips to mine. I widened my eyes since it was so fast and I didn’t even prepare myself. His hands circled around my waist pulling me closer. I finally gave in his kiss wrapping my arms around his neck. I could feel his scent and I liked it. It was so fresh and sweet at the same time.

Then he released my lips but still hugged me like that in his arms. I smiled feeling safe and warm in his embrace. Is this love? I knew, I really loved him…and as much as he loved me.

 

The next morning

I woke up and found Jin was sleeping in the middle of Sehun and me. Sehun was holding my hand and Jin’s hand was holding Sehun’s hand. I chuckled seeing such a picture. I grabbed my phone and took a selfie. I smiled looking at the photo.

I then put my phone away and got into the bathroom. After that I went into the kitchen to help auntie with breakfast.

“Good morning Agassi” Auntie greeted. I smiled and started to help her.

“Oh, do you know that today is Madam’s birthday?” Auntie asked.

“Really?” I asked surprisingly. Sehun didn’t tell me at all.

“I guess, you don’t know. Every years Sehun-ssi always visits her grave on her birthday which is today”

“Ok, I got it. We’ll go for sure” I said. Auntie smiled and continued to cook.

“Auntie, why don’t we make Omma’s favorite dishes?” I said smiling. Auntie turned to me and nodded.

“She liked kimbab and kimchi stew. It should be a bit spicy too” Auntie tried to remember.

“I like spicy food too. So it gonna be fine then”

After a while we finished cooking and prepared to eat but I knew Sehun would not eat with us.

“Auntie, since Sehun doesn’t eat with us, I think I’ll make a box for us and we’ll eat later” I said taking a box out.

“Think so” Auntie nodded preparing the plates and the food on the table. And I divided our food in three boxes, for me, Sehun and Jin.

“Kimchi stew?” A voice came out and I turned to see Taejun.

“Good morning, Taejun” I said smiling. He nodded and took a spoon to taste the kimchi stew.

“It’s been awhile since we had kimchi stew” Taejun said happily.

“Why? It seems you haven’t eaten Kimchi stew for a long time” I asked. Taejun smiled weakly putting his spoon down.

“Omma doesn’t like kimchi stew, so she orders not to make kimchi stew anymore…” Taejun said sadly. I turned to look at Auntie and she nodded. I guess, because Sehun’s omma liked it so that she didn’t want to see it.

“Throw all of the food away! I don’t want to see it” Mrs. Nara’s voice made me jumped in shock. She had a bad mood face on.

“Omma, please…” Taejun pleaded. She turned to glare at him and he lowered his head down. I sighed didn’t know what to say.

“I told you not to make that dish again, right?” Mrs. Nara said to Auntie.

“It’s not her fault, omma. I asked her to make it” I said feeling sorry for Auntie.

“And you too, Jing. You don’t have right to do anything in this house yet” She said coldly. I was a bit surprised with her word.

“I’m sorry” I said. I was really wrong but it was too much when I didn’t even have right to choose what to eat.

“Noona, kaja!!!” Jin’s voice came before his body did. I noticed Mrs. Nara frowned. I quickly bowed and took the boxes.

“Noona, let’s go. I’m late for school” Jin said smiling. I nodded and took his hand to our room. I opened the door and found Sehun was preparing his backpack.

“You don’t tell me that today is Omma’s birthday” I said pouting. Sehun paused and looked up to me.

“Why should you ask when Auntie already tells you?” He said coldly. Well, I was not surprise that he used that tone with me anymore. Somehow, I got used to it.

“We’re going to see her, right?” I asked taking my backpack.

“Mm. Jin, take your backpack” He said to Jin who was still playing with ipad. Jin quickly put the ipad down and ran toward his backpack.

“I and Auntie make Omma’s favorite dishes…” I said lowly and looked at him sadly. Sehun put his backpack on his right shoulder and walked up to me. He pecked my cheek and took the bag of boxes from my hands.

“Let’s go” He said. I nodded taking Jin’s hand. We walked out of the room and met Mrs. Nara cold gaze. She was in the half way to the living room. I bowed my head a bit. Sehun pulled my hand and we walked on. I felt her still cold eyes on us.

“Sehun” Appa called Sehun before we opened the door. I paused same as Sehun.

“Remember that today is your mom’s birthday?” Appa asked. Sehun sighed turning around and looked at Appa with his steady eyes.

“I remember everything about her, her birthday, her day when she died, the day when she cried…and more”

“Sehun…” I shook his hand gently. Appa frowned, Mrs. Nara also pulled her eye brows together.

“And also, I remember who make her hurt to death too” Sehun continued that made their frown went deeper.

“Let’s go” Sehun pulled my hand and got out of the house before Appa could say anything to us.

“Sehun, that was so rough” I said. Sehun didn’t say anything but opened the car door for Jin. I sighed but kept quiet. He didn’t want to talk though.  

“Noona, tonight I go home or stay here again?” Jin asked as we were in the car.

“Your mom and dad come back now, so you can’t stay with us”

“Ok”

 

After we dropped Jin at school, Sehun drove off to somewhere that I knew it was his mother’s grave. We stopped to buy flower first.

We were quiet all the way through the town until we reached the graveyard. Sehun parked the car and we got out. Sehun let out a deep sigh. I stared at his side profile and took his hand.

“She’s looking at you from above and I’m sure she’s happy to see your smile…” Sehun turned his head to me and nodded.

I smiled at him staring at him with my teary eyes. I was happy that I could feel his pain and I was the first one who I could feel that. And I was glad that I could stay beside him when he’s feeling down.