~Questions~

Changing Evolution

I've no idea how long there hasn't been a word from either of us. The only noises to be heard are the crunch of leaves underneath our feet, heavy breathing, my wheezing, and wind breezing past us.

Somehow I've also been managing to stay on my feet and follow his trail, even at this slacking pace. Nonetheless, I'm still behind. I'm still hanging on. Trying to anyways.

At least we've gotten past the miles of the burned down civilization and dead bodies. At least. I wasn't too sure how much more I could take of the gore scenes. It was sickening to me, causing me to stare at his back wondering how he's keeping himself together. 

If I were him walking through a field of my family strewn out on the ground as they were, I'd be devastated. I wouldn't be sane.

I'd have lost it. But not him. No, it seems that his pain for those that have died has turned in to something else.

**

Anger flares in his face. A complete change from how friendly he at first seemed. For a very grave reason.

"I've got no time for burials and grieving." his tone is as cold as ice, shooting a sharp icicle through my chest. "What I need to do is none of those things. What I need to do is stop them."

**

The memory of the anger that flashed in his eyes startles me. It was pure, scolding hot anger. A type of anger that I imagine was linked with revenge from his last words. To stop them.

Them.

The Valkyrie? I've heard of them before, in my realm (?). But what I saw was not what I was told. No, Valkyrie were all women and weren't involved in battle. They picked up those that died in battle and took them to their after lives. I was told to believe that Valkyrie were the good kind, but these ones were the complete opposite. They were men, engaged in a violence with us, and most definitely were not good ones. Even their evil and dark appearances betrayed that.

A quick image that lasted only a split second of the Valkyrie in the window screeching at us flashes through my mind. Its face was dark and distorted in an expression from something out of a horror movie. Black mouth wide open, bearing sharp, sparkly white teeth. Ghostly grey skin making it look ill. I shake my head to get that thought out. 

It leaves but is only replaced with a glimpse of that beast. I shake that image before I have time to examine it.

I realize that he has stopped only from my nose running in to his back. I go to be beside him, ready to complain to him for answers, when I see his face. A blank face that looks...lost. I think that maybe the things that he has seen are finally catching up to him. 

The sight of him is sad and painful. My hand automatically reaches up to pat him but I retract with a hiss. I examine my hand to see the palm an irritated red. He's so hot that it's going through his coat.

My mouth opens to say something, anything, but I'm at a loss for words. There is nothing I can say to ease his pain. A pain that I can see he's trying to hide. The haziness of his eyes start to fill back to life as he blinks slowly. Coming from his confusion.

"I need to get to the others. Quick. They might have done the same to them." he says to himself then continues on in his path.

"What?" I sneak a question as I frown, struggling to keep up with his fastened pace.

"Those damn Valkyrie." he lets out a trail of other profanities in a low whisper before continuing. 

"You really shouldn't be here now. But I can't complain about that. Those damn Valkyrie aren't going to stay still and let this happen. They've been threatening for centuries but we never believed them because with each evolution they never did anything. It was stupid of us to think they could stay still forever."

"Huh?" I ask in confusion. "I don't understand."

Suddenly he stops and turns to me. "I can't tell you. I shouldn't even be telling you this...but," then he stops and gets a look on his face. When he looks back to me a frown is set on his eyebrows. "That one Valkyrie. It...it was trying to take you."

"What?"

"It was trying to take you." he repeats himself. "Why was it trying to take you?"

Wait, he's right. My head turns to the side in thought. That thing really was trying to take me away. It told me to keep still as if it didn't want to drop me. So...why was it trying to take me? The question replays in my head over and over. 

"Maybe there is more to this than I'm thinking. Or that I know." he speaks to himself as he turns in the direction he was headed and walks. "There must be something I'm missing. Think. Think."

I stare at him with wide, curious eyes, willing for him to think of something. I would really like to know. His face furrows even more.

"Those times before. When other humans were caught in the between realm. It only happened every century. Around the time of the evolutions."

"Well...what does that mean?"

"It means something. They must need a human." he concludes.

I make a face. "That sounds far-fetched. Don't you think?"

"Maybe from where you come from it is. But here, anything goes."

I give him that one. "So what do we do?"

"We?" he stops and gives me a look. "Last I recall you wanted to stay back at that house in the in between realm."

"That was before we were being chased by the most terrifying things I've ever laid eyes on." I exclaim to him. 

He only stares at me before speaking. "Where I'm going you can't come. He won't be too happy to see your kind here."

I ignore him mentioning another person who won't like my kind. "Then what am I supposed to do? You want me to stay here and wait for one of those things to find and kill me?"

"Yes to the first part about you staying here. No to the part about them finding and killing you." he says in a smart tone that makes me want to slap him over the head. "They've already done what they need to do here so they shouldn't be coming back."

"But what if they do?!" I question him frantically. 

"They won't."

"But...?"

"They won't. Just take my word for it. They'll be going somewhere else if they haven't already."

"But...I don't want to stay here by myself." I feel my lower lip tremble as my voice shakes. The thought of being here all alone enveloping me in fear. The thought of those things coming back and finding me.

"I'm not leaving you just yet so calm down." he throws over his shoulder.

"But you will sooner or later. You might as well leave me right where I stand." I huff and stomp after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: i know this one was pretty short...just a slow filler chapter to bring up things that will soon be explained.

look forward to where chanyeol and laime are headed and for what reasons :3

and have ya'll noticed that like, all my header images are of...trees??? yea, i'm just now realizing that myself. :/ creepy, but don't worry, i've got some header images with the members...okay?