~Stumbled Upon~

Changing Evolution
First it's those three hooded figures. 
 
Then it's an unbearable pain. Painful enough to stop me from thinking clearly. I couldn't answer his questions even if I wanted to. Not being able to do anything at all, I only lay on the ground and writhe in pain. Eyes shut so tight that my eyelids could probably overlap. Trying to block out the pain.
 
Finally, it stops. But the light brown haired one continues asking me questions. He also continues to do something to me that I can swear is killing me from the inside. After a while of questioning me he seems to give up. In my daze, just barely concious, I hear a name. A name that I am familiar with.
 
In this split second I'm not even sure how all of this is happening to me. It was just a few days ago that I was just walking through the mountains minding my own business. Only wanting to sit against a tree trunk and let my imagination run wild. Instead, I stumbled upon someone and saw something I shouldn't have.
 
I could ask how I got myself in to this, but I already know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A week earlier
 
 
It's finally summer break. The plan that I had set up a couple of months ago can finally be executed. 
 
Walking out the door of my apartment with my supply bag on my back and comfortable clothes and sneakers, I head to the more city-like area to grab a cab. In this barely crowded area it isn't too hard to flag down a little white cab and slide right on in.
 
"Sinbi Mountain, please." I say to the driver as he pulls off from the curb.
 
"Sinbi Mountain, eh?" He asks me and looks at me in his rear view mirror. I nod my head with a smile. "What are you going to do there?"
 
"I'm going to have an adventure." The smile grows wider on my face as dozens of adventurous scenarios enter my mind. 
 
"Ah, sounds like fun." He smiles and laughs just lightly.
 
The drive took a little over thirty minutes until we entered the rural area. I sat up in my seat and watched as fields of many kinds whizzed by. 
 
Finally the cab stops and I pull out money from my wallet.
 
"Thank you, sir." I say with a smile as I hand him the money over his shoulder.
 
I go to get out when he says, "You're welcome. And I hope you have fun on your adventure."
 
With that he drives off back up the long dirt road, leaving me standing all alone with no one else around for miles. 
 
Standing along this dirt road with no buildings in sight is quite wonderful. I look into the bright sky spotted with fluffy white clouds. As the wind blows, the clouds glide along making the light from the sun get brighter of dimmer. I then look straight in front of me at an empty field that has a crooked dirt pathway. The pathway is leading toward the tree filled mountains. 
 
My first step towards the mountain gives me an even greater exhilarating feeling. Almost the same as imagining myself flying on a bengal tiger. But this is actually happening and I'm not on a flying tiger. Step after heart-beating step, I get closer and closer. Soon I am standing right in front of a long line of tall trees.
 
I look in and see that the mountain is thick with wide and slim trunk trees that seem to touch the sky. After taking a few deep breaths I enter in to the trees with a smile on my face. Right away my imagination begins to run wild.
 
Seeing little faeries and sprites in my mind then making them appear all around me as if trying to make them real. No, I am not crazy or anything like that. Just got an 'over-active' mind. 
 
As I walk along I have my eyes shut and continue to imagine. 
 
My imagination gears start to switch from what's not real to what is. It's a bit of a heavy downfall coming from such a wonderful place back to reality. At least I'm coming back to nature and not the city.
 
My eyes open as I completely bring myself back to earth. For a while my eyesight is blurry then clears up to reveal someone standing about 100 feet away from me with his right side towards me.
 
Am I still imagining things?
 
It is a tall and slender male is all I can really tell from this distance. I can also tell that he is wearing dark clothes. That's just about it. One of my eyebrows rises up as I watch this person look up in to the sky past the trees. 
 
Is he really a part of my imagination?
 
It seems a little too realistic to only be in my mind. And besides, who says I'm the only one walking around this mountain? But something just doesn't seem to be real about this......person. 
 
Just as I'm about to make my way towards this person, he turns in my direction and starts walking. I stop dead in my tracks and watch the long strides of his legs. He doesn't look up for the first few strides. Then he looks up and stops on his heel when he sees me. 
 
His eyes pierce mine. Even at this distance I feel my heart stop for a split second from the look. The guy looks at me a moment longer then brings the foot behind to be together with the other. This moment that we only look at each other seems to be forever. 
 
Everything is blurry in my vision except for him. 
 
This time of slow motion is broken when he turns his head to his left for a few seconds then back to me. He then raises his right arm with his palm facing up. He looks into his hand once it is just a few inches from being leveled with his head. Then he snaps his fingers and a ball of fire appears in his hand.
 
I blink my eyes rapidly a few times. When the ball of fire is still in his hand I blink again. Yeah, this must be my imagination. I'm very interested to see how this plays out. I've never imagined anything like this before. Something so realistic.
 
This guy then looks at me with the ball of fire in his hands. A frown comes to my face. He looks back to the fire, again, then closes his hand around it. When he opens his hand back up I jump back in surprise at what I see. Huge wings of fire spread out behind him. A figure that looks something like a Phoenix. I can hear the crackle of the fiery wings and instantly start to worry about the trees that the fire is wrapping around. Of course the trees aren't on fire because it's only my imagination. 
 
Right?
 
The fiery wings crackle and pop behind him with his arm still up in the air. Just then my head starts to hurt immensely. I pull my eyebrows together to dull the feeling but it won't stop. It gets to the point where it feels like my head is going to explode. My knees go weak from the unbearable pain and I drop to the ground, gripping my pounding head. 
 
I try to look up in front of me for the guy but everything is blurry. All I can see is the blur of fiery wings so many feet in front of me. The lights start to dim around me as if daylight is turning to night. Everything eventually turns dark as the last thing I remember is a sharp pain underneath my left eye.
 
~~~
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: so here is the original chapter i wrote months ago with a few minor editing...but not too much...i hope it's still as good as the first one that you all read...if you read it i mean :)
 
look forward to the upcoming chapters which should definitely be put up on a regular basis since i've already gotten more than half of this original finished :3