Chapter 7

Shine Bright Like A Crystal

 

They both walked in silence, Chanyeol knew the moment he saw his friend after that moment behind the library building, Kai hadn’t spoke a single word to him. Instead, his friend looked happier. Chanyeol didn’t sure if the reason is because he finally found his childhood friend, sure he’ll be happy too if he meet his friends after a long time, but somehow it’s just—he feels different. They walked shoulder to shoulder in a long corridor while Kai had a lollipop in his mouth and Chanyeol keep his gaze on the road in front of him, not bothering to stole a glance toward his friend.

“I hate you, both of you.” Sulli shouted from their class, just few meters in front of them. “I came to your apartment on time but you already left.” He sighed then pointed at Chanyeol, “and you gone, too.”

Kai watched Sulli skeptically until a reality hits him, “God, I forgot we had a meeting.”

“You idiot.” Sulli pouted. In other side Chanyeol was only laughing, he bought his hand to take a thing inside his bag.

“Cereal for you, princess.” He give a box cereal and pinched her cheek. “Forgive him and his stupid brain—“

“Hey…” Kai wanted to punch his friend but the later already grab Sulli’s hand and both of them run away toward their desk.

 

 

“They said you have a girlfriend. And Luna, my friend from C class told me that you’re really close with that new transfer student—“

“Don’t start, Sulli.”

“And now I realize that maybe it was the reason why you always disappear from us and no longer eat with us.” Sulli throw a ball paper, his expression became darker but maybe Chanyeol didn’t notice.

“She is Kai’s friend back then.” Chanyeol said, he didn’t sure if he could tell Sulli after all but knowing his friend is his closest friend right now, aside from Kai because the latter still hadn’t spoke to him caused him seemed to be outcasting in their apartment recently “maybe he’s going out with Krystal” he thought. And though after minutes of making decision about should he tell Sulli or not finally he picked the first option anyway.

 


 

“Who’s Kai?”

“My friend.”

“And who’s Chanyeol?”

“My friend.”

Luna placed her book on the table, he crossed her arms and watched Krystal still focused o the book she read.

“You know Kai is Chanyeol bestfriend, don’t you?”

“Chanyeol didn’t tell me until I met him in ice cream parlor few days ago.” Krystal said, she has many question in her head like did Chanyeol know about her being Kai’s childhood friend or why Chanyeol didn’t tell her and Kai about this. All of this.

.

Her phone rang and she grabbed her phone to read the message. “Funny.”

“You looked so happy. I bet that’s from Kai.” Luna was eyeing her with a questioning look and Kystal only smiled while she cleaned the table and take the books into her bag.

“Kai wants to meet me. He’s waiting right now and I think I will go. Thank you.” She ran towards the open door and winked to Luna who was waving her good bye and the last words.

“Good luck.”

 

 

Chanyeol wiped the bangs on his forehead with the back of his hand, he can’t win over this. Kai really has a win side when it comes about making-Krystal-happy and moreover. Yet he didn’t want to give up even after seeing that this action wouldn’t lead him anywhere. Since Kai came to their beautiful fairytale (yes, him and Krystal relationship was getting closer at the time and based on his opinion he almost win her heart) the both people spent their time a lot more than before, sadly here’s Chanyeol only stare blankly on an old book was left behind.

“Read them, Chanyeol.” Sulli said, offering a green tea to his friend who now seemed to be in odd time.

“I’m not in the right mood to read.” Chanyeol said as he placed the book on Sulli’s lap. However, the latter noticed her best friend sad face and it was hurt her. Chanyeol was used as a bright guy, never in her life she saw Chanyeol sad or cry. She remembered the first and the last Chanyeol seemed to be sad was when his dog dead after crashed by a car. She made a move a minutes later by grabbed his wrist.

“Let go to the mall.”

 

 

“You’re late my dear.” Kai smiled at her presence with his right hand holding a bouquet of white roses and never been in his life he looked so dandy and perfectly handsome man.

“The last time I checked it’s only four minutes of waiting me much longer. However, what’s on your hand? You didn’t know what meaning behind flowers, do you?” Krystal grabbed the bouquet from Kai and laughed playfully. “Let’s eat my homemade kimchi!”

 

 

“All I want is for you to happy.”

“Are you happy?”

“Yes. Because I know you feel happy right now.”

 

 

Sulli had carried a lot of snack tonight that she could share them with Chanyeol in the latter apartment. Thinking that the guy still in the bad condition, both physically and mentally, as a best friend she wanted to cheer him and make him back to cheerful Chanyeol she know for years—or almost two years from freshman days— she know how Chanyeol never been this messy in love interest topic. Usually Chanyeol will come to her with news about his target and although he didn’t really interested for being a player, most of his relationship ended with one excuse “she was boring. At least she isn’t as funny as you.”

And now with Chanyeol’s condition, she thought that maybe her best friend really fallin’ in love. What made her squirming was the girl Chanyeol maybe liked had known to be her another best friend’s childhood friend. And now thinking about it, Kai seemed to care about Krystal too. But maybe too care. Ah, how complicated it was. When all she wanted only for her best friend to be happy, both of them. Only if Krystal didn’t come along…

 

 

“Cheers!”

The sound of loud music from the movie they watched accompany them for being two lazy ducks, lying beside each other on the warm carpet in Chanyeol’s apartment living room. Kai hasn’t come back yet and both of them didn’t even wondering where he was going for today.

“I don’t know what I am without you, Sulli. I might be still stuck in the corner of my room and cry silently.”

“Don’t be over dramatic, Park. Who will waste their tears for such a girl? My Chanyeol usually wouldn’t do that.” Sulli said as she arranged the snack back to her lap.

“I know. Thank you.” She should say ‘you’re welcome’ only if she said it faster but before she open to speak he hear Chanyeol continue his words that made her thought better to not talking back. “I think I should date you instead.”

 

 

“If only you love me…”

 

 


A/N : I’m not sure if you still remember this story :( Sorry for long update I’ve been busy these months. I’ll try my best to make faster updates like before. Thanks for waiting, reading, and subscribing my story. Sorry for weird chapter :( Love ya~